What's New in v5.54 - March 12th, 2011
-scrolling speed now normalized regardless of the skin / cpu
-scrolling animation now shows more frames per second when cpu / skin allows
-fixed CDDB lookup now working again in the XP Only legacy CD to MP3 Ripper
-Now Playing and Album Popup PNG stars now animate to the mouse position
-adds optional C:EJukeboxGenreFlow*.png support
-fixes Quicktime NetRelated video streaming method
-adds / slash to virtual keyboard

The scrolling updated with this exe is the auto-scroll when the mouse is near the edge and the Up Down arrow scroll buttons.

you can TEST the new normalized scrolling in the Album list...the scroll speed now remains the same with and without a background image but there are more frames per second when there is no album list background image:
Click Options button on Album List bar
Click Background Image Square
Click Cancel
Click Refresh List

Tip: Hold CTRL to double the scroll speed

Shutdown EJukebox and Run the attached Upgrade installer and let me know if there are any problems with the updated scrolling!

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 02:25 PM

Audiosoft, i installed the upgrade, but now ejukebox is unregistered! my licence is full!? why this occured? a bug?

HELP please... Thanks for this update(!)

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 02:56 PM

And now ejukebox crashed and don't run anymore:

R.I.P. :(

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_asZ1ez5lMZ8/Ru_TXmKl2mI/AAAAAAAAA0E/obtyCygeuLs/s400/RIP.png

Audiosoft - 3-11-2011 at 03:23 PM

ok try running the new upgrade in the first post
click Continue
then still crash?
so it said 3 days on the trial? don't worry i will reset your wait in a few minutes.

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 03:32 PM

this version runs good! i can take good shots again: :)
but yes, only 3 days trial remaining.. thanks.

Audiosoft - 3-11-2011 at 03:43 PM

i checked and it looks like when you enter your email password you can click License is Full and then Remove License.

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 03:48 PM

yes you are right, but i don't want to remove my licence. i've not reinstalled ejukebox on another PC or any new HD.

so what will occur if i click on Remove?

Audiosoft - 3-11-2011 at 03:52 PM

don't worry you just need to click Remove License then it will immediately let you Use License to register

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 03:58 PM

ok done.. now my name shows up in the about box! Thanks for the help and for this ejukebox update. it seems the shelf3d runs faster than before. only the list change anims are still slow with ie9 standards.

well it seems the shelf3d is so fast than it brakes EJ skin while loading many albums:

Audiosoft - 3-11-2011 at 04:11 PM

restart EJ once and make sure the registration sticks

shelf3d is faster? hmmm the new version of flash did come out with better hardware acceleration. maybe you updated flash?

how is scroll button mousedown's speed?

so shelf moves down the < > songlist arrows and title caption ?
does it show up correct after it finishes loading?

btw the above exe removes the background image from the Default skin menu item on the album list options skin button. i will remove background image also for vinyl and vibrantblues. the album list scrolling is allot smoother when there is no album list background image.

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 04:35 PM

well i restarted EJ. registration is still ok. after restarting ej worked good a few minutes but then it crashed again still while updating the display.
it's true that flash was updated recently, and probably my PC was not restarted until today..

RE: how is scroll button mousedown's speed? it is very fast for the artistlist (too much?), but unfortunately it is extremely slow in the songlist.

RE: so shelf moves down the < > songlist arrows and title caption ?
does it show up correct after it finishes loading?
no, it's all the layout which is like "broken".
yes

ok for the albumlist faster without background image.

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 04:49 PM

i edited my replies above.

in my case, EJ crashes partially or totally very often:

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 05:09 PM

my licence was full again, so once more i clicked "remove" but this time i should wait for 29 days!? :o and only 3 days left of trial...

i think the problem occurred just after i removed the ejukebox manifest file. i use to remove this file to prevent Windows security warnings each time i run EJ.. so it seems it's not the good solution!

Audiosoft - 3-11-2011 at 05:37 PM

license reset

exe only
x2 songlist speed
1/2's artistlist speed

does the interface garble like that when loading the shelf or when scrolling?

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 05:54 PM

Audiosoft, do you think i should keep or remove the manifest file before i reset my licence?

the interface garble when loading a shelf with many albums.
in fact it garbles almost each time the display change. but before today EJ do not crashed.

Audiosoft - 3-11-2011 at 06:05 PM

ok well download the live update installer in the first post
then please try switching out the manifest and see if the registration stays.
i will reset you as many times as needed

can you test with maybe something simple like the arctic skin to see if it still garbles and crashes?

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 06:08 PM

ok i'll try that after the meal. thanks!

Pirk - 3-11-2011 at 07:44 PM

well i tried several cases:
-i totally disabled the UAC
-downloaded and installed the live update installer in the first post
-run ej and registered it again successfully
-loaded the arctic skin
-all is fast in ej, songlist and artistlist, no grable or crashe (only the page change anims are jerky, because of IE9 i think)
-removed the manifest file and restarted ej
-ej still starts and run normally, registration remains
-but if i reactive the UAC at its default level and restart my PC, big problems begin with ej!
-ej don't start, CPU 50% used
-so i disabled the UAC again, restarted the PC
-ej runs good again but the registration has been lost..

Audiosoft - 3-12-2011 at 03:26 AM

OK thanks for testing! Found the bug. I just updated the upgrade installer in the first post. the reg will now stick like before with UAC enabled.

nice to see big icon working!

Pirk - 3-12-2011 at 08:34 AM

well thanks Audiosoft, nice icon! i've enabled the UAC on my PC, installed the fixed upgrade, registred EJ. EJ runs good again. but then when i tried to remove the manifest file, my registration has been lost again: 2 trial days left! :o

Pirk - 3-13-2011 at 01:01 AM

Audiosoft... where are you? under the table?! I really need you RESET my registration as soon as possible! I only have 1 Trial Day Left... :(

Audiosoft - 3-13-2011 at 01:20 AM

Pirk license reset....
New upgrade installer in the first post.
scrolling should be better! smooth as possible otherwise skips frames to keep the speed the same.

Audiosoft - 3-13-2011 at 01:41 AM

oops that last one would not scroll while the album list was refreshing
new update installer in the first post

Pirk - 3-13-2011 at 01:50 AM

Thank you Audiosoft! well i think this time i'll not remove the manifest file immediately... i don't want to request for a reset everyday.

Today i worked on the now playing panel.. ;) IE9 is great for EJ! :D

Pirk - 3-13-2011 at 02:49 AM

IE9 looks really impressive with ejukebox: i can scroll song titles diagonally!! :D

Audiosoft - 3-14-2011 at 09:40 PM

awesome Pirk! and guess what IE9 final is being released tonight!

Audiosoft - 3-15-2011 at 06:14 AM

I post this using IE9 final! seems faster. :D

Pirk - 3-15-2011 at 09:30 PM

IE9 final is now installed on my PC, and yeah! ejukebox runs really faster. my "IE9 standards" skin is now so fast than any other skin.. especially the songlist was too slow. the only "defect" remaining is the page change anims which are still jerky for the songlist and up next areas.

Audiosoft - 3-15-2011 at 10:50 PM

yes i will have those animations working for IE9 in v5.55! plus now playing! got them working...now need to optimize them so the speed is the same. v5.55 also will improve the animate page up/down for everyone. glad old skins work perfect under IE9! but it is a shame allot seems broken now when you force the skin to IE9STANDARDS. wondering if the songlist and dragging will all work if i remove the fixes put in for IE9 beta.

Pirk - 3-16-2011 at 09:55 PM

"wondering if the songlist and dragging will all work if i remove the fixes put in for IE9 beta."
well since the latest ejukebox updates Dragging from anywhere in ej doesn't work at all for me with IE9STANDARDS. and also in the songlist .titleedithi and .albumwimagehi don't work. maybe it's due to the particularities of my skin.. since ie9 final i can play ball in the songlist! :D using different cursors images. ;)

Audiosoft - 3-17-2011 at 12:25 AM

Quote:

well since the latest ejukebox updates Dragging from anywhere in ej doesn't work at all for me with IE9STANDARDS

Pirk it was IE9 updates...not EJ updates. IE9STANDARDS became more restrictive in most recent IE9 builds and in the final.

Attached is v5.55 beta it fixes drag and drop, animations etc under IE9 final standards mode...please test it out and let me know if there are any issues. installer now includes NeoBlues skin. NeoBlues is now the first time default skin. also .manifest is no longer installed and is automatically deleted from the EJukebox folder on first run so that the win7 warning doesn't appear when you double click the EJ desktop icon.

you can install to C:EJukebox555 to test fresh install or have it upgrade over your C:EJukebox

FTP attachment for faster download...

Pirk - 3-17-2011 at 10:22 AM

i installed the update in C:/ejukebox555 -> trial day left: 0! even for my other install in C:/ejukebox... I can't run ejukebox anymore! :(
Thanks.

Audiosoft - 3-17-2011 at 07:47 PM

pirk is reset
i should have mentioned. don't run any of the old ejukebox.exe's without a manifest file!...only the v5.55 beta or newer will keep reg without needing the manifest.

Pirk - 3-17-2011 at 08:50 PM

my old install (ejukebox v5.54) in C:ejukebox was still with the manifest file..

Thanks for the Reset Audiosoft, BUT i've been registered for a very short time: as soon i run again ejukebox 5.55.0.0 from C:ejukebox without the manifest file -> trial day left: 0, once more... :o :(

Audiosoft - 3-17-2011 at 08:57 PM

reset again. did you ever have a problem removing the manifest before v5.54?

Pirk - 3-17-2011 at 09:07 PM

thanks. well no problem before v5.54. maybe it's since windows update installed the SP1 for win7 on my PC: the UAC has been reactivated to its default level. i think the UAC was totally OFF on my PC before the SP1. i'm not totally sure but..

Audiosoft - 3-17-2011 at 09:18 PM

ok well don't run any v5.54 exe's
install this over any old installs or do fresh install.

Beta2 full install and upgrade..

Pirk - 3-17-2011 at 09:40 PM

i installed beta2, registered again, ej runs ok. but then still no good after i restart ej! trial=0

Audiosoft - 3-17-2011 at 09:51 PM

dang. it works fine on my Win7. updating to SP1 now.
license reset again. this time please test out v5.55 beta 2 before restarting and let me know if it fixes problems with IE9STANDARDS.

Pirk - 3-17-2011 at 10:30 PM

the remaining problems:
-songlist: .albumwimagehi not ok: the album text font always turns to Black Times New Roman
-songlist: .titleedithi not activated when right clicked, but activated when left clicked. the right click menu is OK.
-ej crashed loading the shelf3d for a artist with many albums
-page changes animations are better, but not perfect: up next seems ok (maybe a bit too slow but quite fluid), now playing ok, songlist is better than before but still a bit jerky, not fluid at all.
-need another reset or fix!
-thanks

Pirk - 3-17-2011 at 10:34 PM

well sorry in fact NO, i don't need a RESET: surprisingly ej started good this time.. :o my registration is OK.

Audiosoft - 3-17-2011 at 11:08 PM

reg is ok?
well after SP1 and UAC enabled all the way when i clicked 'Use License' it did not say 'Thank You for Registering' so i think i'm going to have to bring the manifest back. though it seemed to work ok and stay registered the start screen did not show it was registered until the next startup.

Pirk - 3-17-2011 at 11:17 PM

yep reg is ok! now it seems my registration remains active. i restarted ej several times. i'll see the next days, but i fear the comeback of the manifest file..
i think i have the Thank You for Registering message after each of my registration resets. and for me the registration is updated ok on the splash screen immediately.

Audiosoft - 3-18-2011 at 12:46 AM

still issues win UAC and Win7 without manifest... it does not save the name of the license holder and does not show 'thank you for registering' when run from Tools->About. i think the only way to not have the manifest 'all the time' is to test for no admin rights then notify the user 'admin rights are needed to register...click OK to restart with admin rights'...EJ would then drop the manifest in the folder and restart EJ. after it was running it would delete the manifest file so it is not used next startup. and i think just to be safe program files and Vista (not win7) will always have the manifest. so it is. v5.55 is up

Audiosoft - 3-18-2011 at 07:17 AM

sorry i couldn't get more ie9 final IE9STANDARDS fixes yet. i will try to figure the rest out. it is difficult. the now playing, upnext and songlist transition animations seem to be running fine for some reason the screen doesn't update them fast as IE8. everything else seems faster with ie9. scrolling super smooth with ie9 and win7. i forget what cpu do you have Pirk? do you think your cpu not good enough to scroll or your ie9 skin have to many big files? this week i updated my motherboard, cpu and ram and now i can have an animated .gif for the albumlist background and it is still smooth!

Pirk - 3-18-2011 at 11:48 AM

Is it not enough for ejukebox?

Pirk - 3-18-2011 at 11:54 AM

Maybe should i change my graphic card?

Audiosoft - 3-18-2011 at 07:12 PM

Pirk i am not sure if new video card or cpu would help you more.
my Pentium 4 3.4Ghz died. it melted last week. all the pins on the cpu melted to the motherboard socket! so i found the best deal i could on short notice a AMD Phenom II X2 560 Dual Core 3.3Ghz CPU and motherboard for $99. +$40 for 4GB DDR3 Ram. the cpu runs 20C cooler and draws less watts! the motherboard has ati 3000 series graphics chip...haven't tested that i using with my old ati 3800 HD card. so in my case the cpu/motherboard upgrade doubled the EJukebox animation smoothness. i tried the crysis 2 demo before and after new cpu got double the frames per second on the same video card. at first the new cpu gave me a big headache because old xp and win7 installations refused to start on the new cpu. i am not sure if any motherboard change makes it keep restarting during the windows loading animation? or if it was because i went from from intel to amd? anyways i had to reinstall xp and win7. now have win7 64 bit in dual boot with xp 32.

Pirk - 3-18-2011 at 09:05 PM

i also experienced a Pentium 4.. it was "firebug" in my previous PC, very noisy. fortunately Dell accepted to exchange my PC before it has burned the house!
concerning EJukebox the most important for me is the skin, and a good kernel of course! i think the two are close to be realized with IE9. My IE9STANDARDS skin starts to work good.

thomaslist - 11-5-2020 at 06:56 AM

Red And Black Nike Air Jordan
Ed Hardy Reliable Quality
Ed Hardy Love Kill Slowly
Pandora Charms Pink Women
Ed Hardy For Women
Coach handbags new york
Polo Ralph Lauren Shirts Most Fashionable Outlet
ED Hardy Shop Online
Mens Supreme Clothing
Air Jordan High USA Sale
Nike Air Max US Top For Women