Board Logo

eJukebox 4.60 Released
Audiosoft - 5-7-2007 at 09:11 AM

-Transviz now installed with Upgrade and Full Install.
-Reduced the size of the upgrade installer by removing files that are most likely already installed. If you are upgrading from a really old version or have any problems download and run the full install...you will not loose your settings if you install it into the same directory.
-fixed bug with 4.59 that was showing "0 trial days left" when eJukebox was actually registered.

4.59 Updates:
-eJukebox can now read .WMA tags on database import. If there is no tag it will use the details from the file path/name.
-fixed registration issues on Vista. registrations completed on this or newer versions will now stay registered across all users on the same pc regardless of the windows version.
-fixed 4.58 stutter when songs start to play on vista with internal player
-fixed 4.58 play icons sometimes not working on vista with internal player

4.58 Updates:
-New option under the Sound tab to "Use Internal Player for Video". When enabled eJukebox will use Winamp for audio files and the Internal Player inside eJukebox for videos.
-Year field data now imported from indivual tracks (without year id3 tag) when filepath or filename has (####)
-added .asf import/playback support
-added the ability to drag videos to the now playing panel in addition to the playlist (note: only playlist supports dropping Multiple selected files from outside of eJukebox)
-right clicking the EJ tray icon when eJukebox is minimized will now display the song change popup even if the 'Enable Song Change PopUp' option is not checked.
-added error handling to editor close event
-fixed sound from internal player/preview sometimes inaudible until seeked
-fixed internal player stop event not resetting playback clock
-eJukebox will now display the now playing cover when you attempt to play a song that cannot be played by the internal player...instead of showing previous song cover
-eJukebox will now automatically update the up next song if it is the same as the current song after 5 seconds of playback
-eJukebox >> button will now unstick song playback if the current song is unplayable by the internal player
-prevent playback stoppage will now skip past songs unplayable by internal windows media player
-added 10 pixel left margin when viewing web pages inside eJukebox. webpage javascript errors now hidden in eJukebox
-Vis button no longer disabled in Kiosk Mode
-Vis button now has menu to launch and configure winamp visualization and TransViz.

Let me know what you think! Also please test out the new Sound tab option to "Use Internal Player for Video". With that eJukebox should seemlessly switch between winamp and the internal player.

You can now download the Upgrade to eJukebox v4.60 from here: http://www.audiosoft.net/download.htm

SimonC - 5-7-2007 at 03:42 PM

I have downloaded 4.58 and all seems to work well.
However, I'm not having any luck getting Transviz to work as it should.

There is very little happening visually, despite having gone into my sound mixer and put everything on both the playback and recording tabs up to max.

Is there anything else that affects the sound as used by transviz? - If not, would it maybe be possible to have a sensitivity setting in the Transviz configuration to get round this problem?

Audiosoft - 5-7-2007 at 08:33 PM

Quote:

Is there anything else that affects the sound as used by transviz? -

The #1 thing that affects the Transviz levels is the eJukebox volume slider. The eJukebox volume should be set to max or close to it. #2 is the Stereo Mix recording level.

In order to get the Transviz levels to always work the same I have the eJukebox volume slider always set to max full volume. Then I have stereo mix under windows recording volume set to only about 1/4 the way up (less than 1/2 volume). This seems to work best for Transviz on my system... then I just use the up/down volume buttons on my keyboard to change the volume without affecting Transviz's levels.

Pirk - 5-7-2007 at 08:44 PM

Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Let me know what you think!

Well.. like a senior said: "I could give a small organ for eJukebox (with a good skin)!" :D
Otherwise Transviz scope looks still so great.. :)

I think I'll publish a new version of my eJ Crimson skin.. (Version 3)

rllercstr7 - 5-8-2007 at 05:10 AM

Everything works beautifully for me Audiosoft! Thanks for the .asf support and internal video default. Keep up the great work!

SimonC - 5-8-2007 at 09:45 AM

Looks like the Transviz problem is due to there being no Stereo Mix or What you hear setting on the Integrated sound card on my Dell PC.
It all works well on my Toshiba Laptop. So, its a new soundcard for me!

Love the ability in 4.58 to use Winamp for sound and WMP for video.
Is there a way though to get auto fullscreen using WMP in E-Jukebox?

Lastly, looking forward to your updated Crimson Skin Pirk. I use this skin exclusively!

Pirk - 5-8-2007 at 10:13 AM

SimonC,

Thanks for your support! I'm very glad you use my skin!
I've also worked on the Artist list a bit.. I think that would deserve I post a new version. But as I'm still editing things.. I delay a bit!

Otherwise concerning your problem with Transviz: I also have a Dell PC with a integrated sound card (SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio), and I have Stereo Mix. I'm on Vista, but I also used Transviz on XP.. I hope you manage to solve your problem. Maybe could you try to update your sound divers?

SimonC - 5-8-2007 at 10:49 AM

Pirk

Thank you for the advice, but I have tried a number of drivers for this.
It would appear to be something that has been deliberately left out of the driver set for the SigmaTel HD audio chip ...... maybe Dell wish us to buy an upgraded sound card from them?

Pirk - 5-8-2007 at 11:50 AM

OK SimonC, I see you have different audio chip than me.. Too bad if Dell removed some features in his audio drivers. I don't know if they want to earn money on sound cards, except saving on the integrated audio chip?
Maybe could you post your problem on the Dell forums? Some customers get free components under guarantee!

rllercstr7 - 5-8-2007 at 02:35 PM

Hi Simon,
It lloks like some other people have gotten stereo mix to work by using LG drivers instead of the DELL ones. I am not sure if these are the ones for you PC since you didn't mention a DELL model, but it seems it may be possible to fix. Take a look here http://www.ekhoury.com/2006/08/25/sigmatel-stereo-mix-support-for-dells/ :P

SimonC - 5-9-2007 at 08:35 AM

Thanks for finding that.

I did try it, but sadly it didn't work for me.
I've put in an order for an Audigy soundcard and hopefuly that will do the trick.

Audiosoft - 5-13-2007 at 09:23 AM

4.59 is now available for download in the first post. Test is out and let me know what you think.

SimonC - 5-13-2007 at 01:07 PM

I have downloaded 4.59 and copied over the old one as per instructions.
When I launch EJ, it tells me I am running a trial version.

This was previously a full licenced version. When I go to register, it tells me both of my licences are in use.

The damned upgrade has robbed me in broad daylight ... LOL

Audisoft, how do I get my licence back please?:(

SimonC - 5-13-2007 at 01:22 PM

Ref above post - I have solved it.

I removed the licence - which was already there in spite of telling me on the splash screen that I was running a trial version.

I then re-registered the product after a reboot and all is fine.

Strange that this new version did this when all previous updates have not altered the registered status.

Panic over!

Pirk - 5-13-2007 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
4.59 Updates:
-fixed registration issues on Vista. registrations completed on this or newer versions will now stay registered across all users on the same pc regardless of the windows version.

This is no good Audiosoft! :o
Since I've put eJ 4.59 on Vista I have the same problem than SimonC: Trial version - 0 Days left! :(

How can I continue to use eJukebox, v4.59 and newer versions, OFFLINE? I mean without any Internet connexion...
I need that eJukebox can be Installed, Upgraded and Used on a PC without any Internet connexion!

Thanks.

Audiosoft - 5-13-2007 at 07:47 PM

OK...well give 4.592 a try a let me know if it fixes the registration.

Pirk - 5-13-2007 at 08:28 PM

That's OK Audiosoft, with this version 4.592 eJukebox works good again, no more "trial 0 days left". Thanks.

Pirk - 5-13-2007 at 10:00 PM

Well, even if eJ 4.592 works good, now each time I close it I get a error message from Windows Vista: "eJukebox has stopped to work, Windows search a solution..". This message show up just after the eJukebox "database optimization complete" message. Strange!

Audiosoft - 5-13-2007 at 10:02 PM

Quote:

That's OK Audiosoft, with this version 4.592 eJukebox works good again, no more "trial 0 days left". Thanks.

Great! Thanks for letting me know.

I'll look into the shutdown error but nothing in the code has changed on shutdown so it may just be an isolated incident. Let me know if you get the error again.

Also, has anyone tested out the .wma tag support yet?

Pirk - 5-13-2007 at 10:05 PM

OK, I will see if this small problem persists or not.. Thanks.

Pirk - 5-14-2007 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
I'll look into the shutdown error but nothing in the code has changed on shutdown so it may just be an isolated incident. Let me know if you get the error again.

Don't worry about that Audiosoft, it's OK now.. That was my fault!

Thanks.