Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5
Author: Subject: The Arctic Skin
Fishy

posted on 6-3-2005 at 10:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok. I have done some small changes to the skin (link earlier in the thread). There are still issues, but it's a start.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-3-2005 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A start on good basis! :)

Thanks.
Fishy

posted on 6-3-2005 at 10:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm.. Long album texts tends to go underneith the visual field in the now playing panel. Either I have to reduce the fontsizes or maybe ejukebox only should scale the image to a specified size and after this give more room to the text information in the panel. A third, and maybe the best sollution, could be to make it so ejukebox doesn't break textlines when one resizes the now playing panel horizontally. Do you think this makes sense? :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-4-2005 at 12:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

Here is a new playlist.dis that I made that uses gradients...thought you might want to see how it is coded to get an idea of the possibilities for using gradients in the other dis files. If you want to test it out you can just save the dis file to the eJukebox/images folder and switch to the default skin. Make a backup of the original playlist.dis first if you want.

Attachment: playlist.dis (6.96kb)
This file has been downloaded 969 times

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-4-2005 at 12:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is a screenshot:

Audiosoft has attached this image:
gradientplaylist.jpg - 70.01kb

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 6-4-2005 at 01:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot! I've updated the skin with some gradient effects in the playlist and Now Playing panel. Definately room for improvement though :b

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-4-2005 at 01:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Your skin is looking good!

Also, wanted to let you know that when you specify the colors of the gradient you can add 2 digits to the start of the HEX color to set how much the gradient fades with the background.

#FF0000 = normal red
#00FF0000 = all background shown
#55FF0000 = faded 1/2 background - 1/2 red
#99FF0000 = all red gradient shown

Just be carefull as using this technique can effect performance when allot of elements in the display get the effect applied. See that the.dis file doesn't make the display respond too slowly.

For the most part only use it in the body{} section of the dis file to set a background and gradient.

junk

posted on 6-4-2005 at 02:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Haha! :D The big, juicy steak indeed! The girl mentioned certainly deserved that eloquently put comment from our dear fishy.

But! Great to see eJ is renewing itself. I had begun to lose hope of any real development, and at the same time, eJ served its purpose. It has been running 24/7 at my system the last two years or so, and served its purpose. But there are still so many features i want, and big album covers has been there for a long time. If one were to search the "requested features" thread, one would see me nagging about all sorts of things, the covers included.

As in the old days, i am posting at night, this time in an only slightly intoxicated state. I know me and Fishy have spent many drunken nights at this forum, and it has been nice to see that he has kept up the habit.

The future is bright once again! :)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-4-2005 at 01:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Really? :D Bloody Fishy! lol

Glad to see you here again Junk! ;)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-4-2005 at 01:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
hmm.. Long album texts tends to go underneith the visual field in the now playing panel. Either I have to reduce the fontsizes or maybe ejukebox only should scale the image to a specified size and after this give more room to the text information in the panel. A third, and maybe the best sollution, could be to make it so ejukebox doesn't break textlines when one resizes the now playing panel horizontally. Do you think this makes sense? :)

Yes I agree, I also think there is a problem with the Album names. They are often hidden by the player buttons when text is long and you use big fonts, because it turn in 2 lines and the second line is hidden. Or it's necessary to put an abnormally low value to the scroll width in order to scroll even the short album names...
Fishy

smilegrin.gif posted on 6-5-2005 at 02:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Junk:

As Pirk stated, nice to hear from you at the forum again!
This forums needs your crazy wishes and rationale behind those. So please keep it up!

What Can I say? Thank you for recommending this brilliant and ever developing software. I sure will not apologize for anything just yet and I will not stop supporting it.
By the way: Are you going to look at me messing up our skin or would you like to take a part in the process? ;)

And we sure would love to hear the continously voices from other people who uses the arctic skin with ejukebox for possible improvements we could make! Due to screenshots around the forum I got reasons to believe that someone actually uses this thing, which I'm sure we both enjoy a lot.

-----------
Fishy
rlailey

posted on 6-5-2005 at 10:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Fishy
And we sure would love to hear the continously voices from other people who uses the arctic skin with ejukebox for possible improvements we could make!

Yeah I use the Artic skin - it seems about the best.

I run a widescreen screen and the repeating background pattern in the Now Playing area on Artic looks a bit wierd when it flicks from one track to the next as this pattern joins-up in the middle somewhere as opposed to at the edge on a 4:3 screen. Perhaps a more grainy pattern to disguise this join or one of Audiosofts new gradients as a background solution may help us 16:9 users?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-5-2005 at 10:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Fishy
Junk:
... By the way: Are you going to look at me messing up our skin or would you like to take a part in the process? ;) ...

The threat is terrific Junk... Sure, you can't let Fishy make that! :D
;)
Fishy

posted on 6-8-2005 at 11:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rlailey;

Are you using the latest edition (link at top of this thread)?
In this edit I've scaled the images so they don't tile when you increase/decrease the size of the panels. Is this what you meant, or have I misunderstood? Could you provide an illustrating screenshot?

-----------
Fishy
junk

posted on 6-9-2005 at 10:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I might know what he is referring to, if it is a mismatch with the background pattern in the "now playing" when you play songs without covers. I designed it before we changed the font sizes, and that is why it looks askew all the time. I have been meaning to change it , allthough i have to admit that i haven't really had time to experiment a lot with eJukebox the last four months or so. The new resizing feature of the "now playing", along with the bigger covers is really interesting, i should look into that before i figure out what would be the optimal solution... but now it just sounds like i am postponing it, haha. Perhaps it is better if Fishy and the rest of you Arctic skin users specify the most important graphical issues, and then i will do the fixes once in a while. It can be quite cosy to work with such things for hungover sundays once in a while. :)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
rlailey

posted on 6-9-2005 at 06:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah I am using the latest version and Yes I think you're right Pirk it's what you say. Here's an image taken between tracks, see how the image has a line down it in the middle(ish)

http://www.lailey.co.uk/unequal.jpg
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-9-2005 at 07:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rlailey,

You mean me Pirk? or rather Fishy no? ;)

:cool: Pirk
rlailey

posted on 6-10-2005 at 07:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ha! No I acutally meant Junk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-10-2005 at 08:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah OK! :D

junk

posted on 6-10-2005 at 10:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I see what you mean! Sure, this can be easily fixed by extending the background.. i would not resize it, but expand the canvas to the bottom and the right, and add more texture and shades to the right and bottom areas.
rlailey

posted on 6-10-2005 at 11:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah it all sounds too graphicalitusilly complicated to me - guess I'll have to wait till your Sunday hangover kicks in for this to be fixed.

Is the quality of your work directly proportional to the extent of the hangover? If so, drink loads!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-11-2005 at 09:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, OK you are right rlailey! :D So now we know how our Norvegian friends can make their famous "Arctic" backgrounds:
Probably -the morning after- they just take photos of the floor at the end of the night... :o
Quote:
http://www.lailey.co.uk/unequal.jpg

;)

A Stor Saftig Biff production... :D :D :D

Fishy

posted on 6-23-2005 at 10:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rlailey: hmm.. that does not look like the latest version, where the images in the now playing are made more suitable for a wider now playing area. 700 is the width of the images in that version and it never tiles, at least not on the 1600x1200 display I've tested it on. What is your resolution?

Go to the top of page 3 in this thread and get the arctic.zip file in the bottom of my post, unless you've already done that.

Junk: Could you add this lateste version to the first post in the thread and credit the changes please? Even if your not satisfied with the artwork in it's current state, it still looks better than when the images get tiled all over the place. The version at the top of page 2 can serve as a temporary sollution until you get to fix the images more directly. I know, from experience, that it often can take a while ;)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-23-2005 at 10:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Fishy!
Have you tried the famous new 3.98 version? It's OK for you, or not??

Thanks for your skin maintenance! ;)

Fishy

posted on 6-23-2005 at 10:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm.. no it does not work on this computer (a borrowed portable computer with a fresh winxp /w sp2 localized version installed). I did a clean installation of it on this computer. I do not get further than the splashscreen. Weird.

I don't know if it works through an upgrade at my regular pc as I am on a summer vacation.

hehe.. thanks for being a posting freak! VIVA! :D

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-23-2005 at 11:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok... thanks Fishy ;)

Have a good holiday! :cool:

Fishy

posted on 6-23-2005 at 11:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Right back at you :)

-----------
Fishy
Fishy

posted on 6-24-2005 at 01:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rlailey : Sorry. I should have read the whole thread before I responded. The image tiles only when ejukebox switches tracks right?

Hmm.. have you tried to scale this image yourself to see if you get better results on your 16:9 display? Thought that I had scaled all the images up to a width at around '700', but I might have missed this one..

-----------
Fishy
junk

posted on 7-19-2005 at 07:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi! I also recently installed eJ with Fishy's currently newest skin editions, and it worked fine. Fishy, The adjustments you've made made it look good on a big screen indeed!

But for some strange reason, the animgif Audiosoft used to use in the forum, the bouncing note with the sunglasses, was displayed for the songs without album art. Drove me quite mental after 10 seconds... :o

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-19-2005 at 08:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi junk! :)

;)

Pages:  1  2  3  4  5
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats