Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5
Author: Subject: The Arctic Skin
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-24-2004 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v3.85, will automatically detected changes to SkinName.zip files in the Skins folder (i.e. new version of the same skin) and reload the skinname.zip contents to its images folder. That way you can update your skin and when users replace the old SkinName.zip it will use the updated Skin in eJukebox. So you will no longer need to delete the associated folder under images/ to get it to reload.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 6-24-2004 at 04:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah.. great that you keep improving the skin engine :).

Have you also added the possibility to change the color of the scrollbar in the albumlist? Think I saw it mentioned in a post a while ago, but I am not sure..
it would also be terrific if one could change the size of the fonts under [ArtistBarLetters] in colors.ini..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-24-2004 at 06:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, in v3.85, if you want to change the album list scrollbars you can now add a file named albumlistscroll.dis with the following contents to your skin:

body {
scrollbar-face-color: #87B8EA;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #87B8EA;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #87B8EA;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #87B8EA;
scrollbar-track-color: #D6D6D6;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;
}

*After changing or reloading Skins inside eJukebox...you must manually refresh the album list to see any skin changes (albumlistscroll.dis and savedalbumlist.ini) on it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 6-25-2004 at 12:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
;) Sounds exellent..

Noticed the scrollbar-3dlight "tag", that's a new one. Can it be used in ie the songlist scrollbar as well, from 3.85 and beyond?
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-25-2004 at 12:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually, you could already use "scrollbar-3dlight" in the songlist.dis before v3.85.

Fishy

posted on 6-25-2004 at 09:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm there is something in arctic that is not compatible with the new fixes in the now playing panel. As you can see from this screenshot the albumtitle is cut and it shows only the half of it vertically. This happens both when scrolling/not scrolling. And seems undependent of the fontsizes of songtitle and artisttitle. It did not happen in versions prior to 3.86, with the same settings in the nowplaying.dis.
Any suggestions for fixes?

http://home.no.net/fishyno/arcticbugged.jpg

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-25-2004 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You will need to add the following under .albumtitle in the nowplaying.dis to fix this:

line-height: 12px;

Fishy

posted on 6-25-2004 at 10:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah thanks! :)

-----------
Fishy
junk

posted on 6-26-2004 at 11:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Arctic skin is again updated.

* New colors in the albumlist scrollbar, the same with the home view.
* Changes in the progressbars
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 6-26-2004 at 04:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also the buttons in the mainview now look more like "buttons", instead of the flat style used in earlier revisions..

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-26-2004 at 04:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If anyone is having a problem with the Tools menu or the right click songlist menu ALWAYS taking a long time to show up after installing an updated skin.zip to the Skins folder...you can redownload the v3.86 upgrade to fix this problem.

There is a bug in the initial release of v3.86 that caused updated skin.zip files to be reload EVERY time the Tools or right click songlist menu was opened....instead of recognizing that the updated skin data no longer needs to be reinstalled again.

This could also cause more problems for skin developers as everytime you go to view the updates to your /images/skinname folder by reloading the skin in eJukebox your last skinname.zip in the Skins folder will reload over your changes in the same skinname folder under /images. Please re-upgrade to v3.86 to fix this. The ejukebox.exe file version on the final/fixed version of v3.86 is 3.86.0.2.

BTW the latest Artic skin looks great! Any plans to include a "savedalbumlist.ini" in the skin to change the albumlist colors/background?

Fishy

posted on 6-26-2004 at 05:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You mean the ejukebox.ini where the (path to) plastic bag, font colors of albums etc. are stored? I thought it was included in the zip already. I will send it to Junk right away..

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-26-2004 at 06:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually, you are not supposed to include ejukebox.ini in your skin.zip as it won't do anything....

If you wish to include your albumlist colors and background image in your skin...you need to go into the album list options and click the "Color Sets" button and Select "Save". Then copy "C:\Program Files\eJukebox\images\savedalbumlist.ini" and "C:\Program Files\eJukebox\images\savedalbumlistbac.xxx" to your Skin's images folder and "Your Skin Name.zip"

Fishy

posted on 6-27-2004 at 01:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aha I see! I bet Junk wil add the file shortly.

Junk: I took the freedom to fool a little around with gele.jpg.. The songlist background.. I now this is your domain, but I think the colors of the orginal was a little intense (or maybe I just felt for a change...) So I tried to tone it down a little.. The result isn't that good though, since I don't have these huges skills in this area.. But I think the contrast between the nowplaying/playlist vs albumlist/songlist is interesting..

Fullscreen screenshot:

http://home.no.net/fishyno/ej.jpg

-----------
Fishy
junk

posted on 6-27-2004 at 01:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice! :) I've updated the archive now to include the savedalbumlist .ini and background picture. I'll look into the songlist background... i agree that it can be intense in especially one area, maybe something should be done... I can see that the red/burgundy color makes it stand out a bit in contrast to the dark blue. So although i like it, maybe it becomes too strange for others?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 6-27-2004 at 01:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The background is very nice :)

But I maybe think some small color enhancements could be done with the plastic bag and songlist background to make them integrate better with the color of buttons and bars in the main view?
junk

posted on 7-3-2004 at 11:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yep, i agree. Right now i am sitting at my friends' house, who uses a bright LCD monitor, as well a bigger resolution than i. And i can see that the backgrounds could use some alterations... i'll look into this when i get the time. Right now the summer vacation is dead ahead. :)
Fishy

posted on 7-4-2004 at 02:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
:D Same problem here... Dead ahead here too and I hope audiosoft will take a well deserved vacation themselves :)

The problems with our skin are more easily discovered at higher resolutions.. 1280x1024 and above..

You know, we got some tropical heat up here these days, you should look forward to check it out :D

-----------
Fishy
junk

posted on 7-4-2004 at 09:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, it took a higher resolution for me to see it as well. I am still running on 1024*768 (or actually, 3072*768). By the way, you can delete your double post by editing it and checking "delete this message".
Fishy

posted on 7-4-2004 at 02:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
huh! Didn't know that. Thanks a lot! It works too :)

-----------
Fishy
Fishy

wink.gif posted on 6-3-2005 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Temp Update of Arctic Skin

I've done a few small twitches to make the skin appear a little better with a larger Now Playing area. Please feel free to try it out.

Arctic.zip

-----------
Fishy
Fishy

posted on 6-3-2005 at 06:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And a shot (and maybe some recommended albums and films.):

http://home.no.net/fishyno/arctic.jpg

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-3-2005 at 08:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good! Thank you Fishy :)
Fishy

posted on 6-3-2005 at 08:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just a pleasure :). This needs more work though. The Now playing header doesn't look so good when scaled etc. hmm I don't have photoshop available, so I can't test your bicubic resize trick either.. Guess I have to wake up Junk from his rest in the grave :)

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-3-2005 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, it's a good idea...

Come on, wake up Junk! There is life again here... :P
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-3-2005 at 08:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here's another tip on making graphics files for the images that get horizontally streched by eJukebox: Change the dimensions (width only) of the graphic file in your image editor so that it is as wide as it would be when stretched inside eJukebox. That way the image has enough pixels to look good at all widths.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-3-2005 at 08:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think it's the same Tip Audiosoft! ;) as "Bicubic resizing" is the default option in Photoshop when you save a image...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-3-2005 at 09:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy, glad to learn that I support a "Stor Saftig Biff production"!! :cool:

But... what does it means?? :D
It's safe at least I hope?! :o

;)
Fishy

posted on 6-3-2005 at 09:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip guys!

LOL! It means "huge juicy steak productions" ;) Ah! hehe, some jargon that Junk added to the info file? :)

The truth is that is something I said to a girl at high school many years ago. We had an argue and I told her to put her teeth into a huge juicy steak (she had kindof huge teeth). Stupid but true :D

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-3-2005 at 09:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, I've just seen the readme file in your skin... :)
It's better late than never! :D

Ah ah, ok! lol You haved strange ideas... :D
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats