Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Albums seem to be empty
petteri

posted on 10-17-2003 at 03:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Albums seem to be empty

This is an old bug, but it still persists...

I've several albums in my collection which seem to be empty, i.e. they contain no songs. Songlist seems to be missing.

For example, I had a classical cd with title "Classic CD 14" and it seemed to be empty and it's title was displayed only as "Classic". When I manually changed all songs' title to "Classic 14", they suddenly appeared and title is no longer truncated.

Similarly, I had "Beethoven - Symphony 6" which was shown as "Beethoven" and empty. After changing all songs' title to "Beethoven, Symphony 6" they become visible. If I re-edit them to original "Beethoven - Symphony 6", they disappear again.

Is there any logic behind this? What is causing this annoying bug?
junk

posted on 10-18-2003 at 11:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm... the first example, is quite understandable, and is more of a function than a bug.

If you have a big compilation, where each album is called "Something CD1", "Something CD2" etc, eJukebox will put them all together under "Something". This is a function i truly appreciate, since i have a few "complete recordings" sets from old jazz artists.

But i understand if you have only one album, it may feel strange that the "CD 14" bit is not displayed.

On your latter example, i do not know why no song titles were displayed, sorry.

eJukebox has this
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
petteri

posted on 10-19-2003 at 11:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It should be optional

I see what you mean, but why "Something" songlist then seems empty?

If this really is a feature, at least it should be optional (like case fixing is).

Also, album with same
junk

posted on 10-20-2003 at 08:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm.. .the only times i know that my songlists turn up empty is either

1. When there are no valid songnames (you then have to press "show hidden files" )
What are were the songnames called, originally?

2. Because of the old "album empty while album list loading bug"... (fixed now, probably). but this can't be the case, since it happens to you every time, right?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Sloan

posted on 10-20-2003 at 12:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
nope, my albums still turn up empty that have a weird character in the name - for example the album "Cyberl@b" etc.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
junk

posted on 10-20-2003 at 12:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That’s true… that’s another one. :)
petteri

posted on 10-20-2003 at 03:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also (Soundtrack) causes problems

I have the following album:

Levottomat (Soundtrack)

It seems to be empty i.e. when I open the album, there is no songlist. However, if I change each song's album name to:

Levottomat Soundtrack

songs show normally. And as I mentioned before, dash (-) has the same effect. It is very annoying, since many classical albums have titles like

Carmen - highlights

and now they cannot be used. To further complicate matters, this behaviour is not 100 % consistent.

Look at the attachment and you'll notice what I mean. "Levottomat (Soundtrack)" album is playing, but the title displayed in the album list is truncated to just "Levottomat" and songlist contains nothing.

petteri has attached this image:
levottomat-nosoundtrack.gif - 134.75kb
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats