Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Gyration Remote Settings
chuck

posted on 8-7-2010 at 10:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Gyration Remote Settings

I followed the recent thread about EJ and its capabilities with the Gyration RF remote. I have since purchased a Dell labeled unit, with LCD display. Without really knowing what I was doing, I installed the HID plugin for Winamp, along with Gyration Music Service. I have basic functions (pause, next song, previous song and stop). I don't have the numerous functions descibed in the aforementioned thread.

A few questions:
1. Do I need the HID plugin and Gyration Music Service?
2. Are there any settings I need to use on either Winamp or EJ?
3. Is there a way that the remote, via the LED screen, can be used to either select songs, or at least display information on the song playing. It currently lists an odd selection of songs and artists from my library, but doesn't allow me to select anything from the list.

I am running Vista home edition.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-7-2010 at 11:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am not familiar with the Gyration remote hopefully someone in here can help with that.
In the mean time check out Tools->Keyboard/Remote Shortcut Keys in EJukebox that might help.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-8-2010 at 09:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
chuck, it's me who requested more functions in EJ with the Gyration RF remote in the recent thread you mention. I own a Gyration RF remote, but mine doesn't have a LCD display (cf image), so I can't help you for the display. And I use it on Windows 7.

All that I can say is my Gyration, and probably yours, are "Windows compatible" natively using the air mouse feature. Plus they have Windows Media Center capabilities (the green button). So normally no additional driver or plugin are needed. I know that Audiosoft tested EJ capabilities with his own Windows Media Center remote (not a Gyration).

1. 2. With my gyration on win7 I don't need the HID plugin for EJ. I hope that your Dell labeled unit has not been modified for Dell, needing specific drivers from Dell?
I don't think you need the Gyration Music Service. What is it? Are you sure this music service really exists? Maybe it's only available in US!

3. That would be great if you could select any songs or playlist from your collection and play it in EJ! I'm interested, if you succeed I own a Dell remote! The Gyration remote including a display is not available in France.

Here is my Gyration remote:
http://www.gyration.com/images/stories/product_shots/gyr3101us_side.jpg

Your Dell remote looks like that?
http://flateric78.free.fr/blog/images_blog/mediacenter_domotique/remote/dell_xps_M2010_remote_mce.jpg
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mediaportal-1-talk-45/23308d1216822626-gyration-mce-remote-supported-dell-remote1big.jpg

Well all that is already outdated...

This one looks good, but is also obsolete before it really existed:
I think maybe it's because the use is too limited for the price! A history of apple...
http://www.mavromatic.com/images/ricavision_vista_mce_remote.jpg

:cool: Pirk
chuck

posted on 8-11-2010 at 11:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks

Yes - the first picture you showed is my remote. I'll remove the plug in and music service and see what happens.

Hopefully, with a little luck I'll figure out how to use the LCD interface.

Thanks
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats