Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  ..  3  4  5
Author: Subject: Gyration Media center remote with eJukebox
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-1-2010 at 12:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
a conflict maybe.. but with which other program? windows 7 itself?!
Pirk
Posting Freak

eureka.gif posted on 7-1-2010 at 01:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
VB6 Keypress Bug

Perhaps it has something to do with it:

Quote:

I have a simple application that traps the arrow keys in the form keydown event (key preview turned on).

It works great for between 10 and 30 keypresses then the form doesn't get the arrow down and the form keydown event is not fired.

I've tested this by disabling every item on the form except for one label that has the focus. I even moved the keydown code into the label's keydown event and had the exact same result.

Has anyone else experienced what I presume is a weird bug? Is there a fix?

Many thanks.

Bob

Doh!!! Found the problem. I had a small animated GIF running on one page using a small Activex control I found on the net. I used a timer to change the GIF every once in a while. That form was used to load the form that was trying to trap the arrow keys. When the timer went off, the Activex would run another GIF and for some reason that would screw up the arrow keys. Weirdly enough, not the page up or page down keys. Anyway who needs animations playing on hidden forms? I turned off the timer and stopped the GIF playback before loading form2 and the problem went away. Sorry for the false alarm!

Audiosoft, I suspect that your Page Up/Down animation (timer) interferes with my keyboard up/down keys! :o

http://www.bigresource.com/Tracker/Track-vb-VsZmmDNFjk/
Pirk
Posting Freak

shocked.gif posted on 7-1-2010 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
KeyPress problem in VB

Quote:

re: KeyPress problem in VB.NET - any ideas welcome

Yes, Keypress and all keyinput events are buggy, in Framework 1.1 at least. We have a larger app where the enter key stops working sooner or later (it happens app wide, only restart will fix it..), instead the last button used get's clicked. (in my case i've teached the user to use cltr-enter instead that seems to work all the time..)

http://bytes.com/topic/visual-basic-net/answers/353334-keypress-problem-vb-net-any-ideas-welcome
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-1-2010 at 04:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, maybe you should not use KeyPress, but KeyDown instead? or a totally different way... ;)

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-14-2010 at 08:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Think i should have just made the up and down arrows work like they used to when the "up/down arrows -> page up/down" is checked.
Here try this EXE. It no longer does animate full page at a time but it is faster for scrolling up and down in the lists when you hold the up and down arrows.
Let me know if this is better for you and if it gets around the 11 times problem. make sure "up/down arrows -> page up/down" is checked and test arrows vs keyboard pageup/down.

Attachment: ejukebox.exe (2.91mb)
This file has been downloaded 881 times

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-14-2010 at 10:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, i just tried your new EXE. the 11 times problem no longer happens using the up/down arrows, since you removed the animation! but it still occurs if I use the page up/down keyboard keys. thus for someone who would have never seen the animated page up/down on the remote, he could live without it.. but it's a pity!

I would have my own way to solve this 11 times problem: be careful it's not very scientific, but efficient! maybe at the 10th page/up down or more often if necessary you could discretely (internally) check/unchecked the "disable keyboard shortcut" option. so the bug would be reseted before it occurs!

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
 Pages:  1  ..  3  4  5
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats