Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5
Author: Subject: Gyration Media center remote with eJukebox
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-21-2010 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great! I'm longing already! Thanks in advance.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-22-2010 at 10:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Keyboard/Remote is now functional in Full Screen Shelf 3D:

<- -> -Moves album selection left and right
Enter/OK - Lists Current Tracks
-Up and Down arrows move A-Z in full screen Shelf3D
Remote Record button - Make Shelf3D go fullscreen and start inactive animation. press < or > to stop animation
-shelf3d animation will also start with scroll albumlist on inactive option
-also fixes CTRL+SHIFT+P B N to work on Key Up instead of Down which was repeating

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-22-2010 at 10:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
a Big Thank You Audiosoft, sincerely!

I'll test more as soon as possible, but it seems there are a few bugs in this exe: the shelf3d in fullscreen animate a lot as soon I press the Record button. and there it is not resized when I return to the "small" version in EJ. I think it crashed..

Pirk has attached this image:
s3d.jpg - 89.04kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-22-2010 at 10:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
your welcome :D
grab the exe in this post i made it so the animation is only on inactivity and not Record so it shouldn't crash as much
still having a hard time getting it to process other things while animating which is making it difficult to get it to stop animating when desired
if it does crash uncheck and recheck Use Shelf3D
eventually will make it do that automatically when it crashes but need to get it to crash less often first ;)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

shocked.gif posted on 6-22-2010 at 11:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
work great, but I fear a "ping-pong" effect..

well the shelf3d works pretty good with this exe. but you surpassed what I meant by "animate"! if you agree of course, I would prefer the shelf3d in fullscreen animates exactly like the normal version: so after a time of user inactivity it would be Updated with the now playing artist albums, and Focused on the current album each time the now playing song change. I'm not for such kind of "perpetual bouncing". above all if that doesn't reflect what is currently playing.
However I agree a such animation could be interesting if that was with the full albumlist (well as much as possible) and when EJ is not playing, as a jukebox screensaver? but probably it's too much for our PCs. Only Apple can handle a "all in shelf3d" mode? ;)

Thanks a lot for your hard work!

[EDIT] if you keep this auto-scrolling effect, I would feel better if you paused scrolling maybe 1 second on each album. Or else I prefer it scrolls fast, but until the Target: the Now Playing Album! You know, like in iTunes in fact..

PS: Could you make so that if we press the Record button again on the remote controller, it returns from the shef3D in fullscreen to the normal eJukebox?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-22-2010 at 10:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here you go Record now takes the shelf out of full screen
also got the play and pause buttons working while shelf is full
and made channel up and down do the same as up and down arrow while full.
also made it so when the shelf is not full and you use 3 <- -> it shows the artist - album caption in the EJ main title
plus added code to the shelf so it will be possible to know when it is crashed...and disabled the inactivity animations on the shelf for now
-oh and the remote's Play button now works to play the album while in the shelf...if playback is not paused or stopped

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-23-2010 at 12:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
-improved up and down arrow / remote channel up/down handling of a-z in shelf3d full screen.
once you press one of those keys you can use them or <- -> to move the A-z selector.
when you are on the right letter press OK/Enter.
-added 0 key to load the songlist/shelf for the currently playing song's album
-fixed issues with fullscreen video and fullscreen shelf3d at the same time
-made video go fullscreen if shelf3d is fullscreen
-album list should now scroll smoother when inactive
-now automatically restores shelf3D after shelf crash
-made shelf respond better and not go faster than it can display when using <- ->
-now shows shelf caption in main title bar when you use arrows, mousewheel or click covers

Pirk
Posting Freak

cool.gif posted on 6-23-2010 at 12:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
AutoUpdate the Shelf3d when it is Fullscreen (v5.19)

Audiosoft, could you Update the Full Shelf3d automatically (on song changes, on inactivity) with the Now Playing Artist Albums? My request for a animated shelf3d is only about that.. I think that would be a very Useful feature when EJ is used with the remote!

-when I scroll the shelf3d continuously with <--> it scrolls really too fast! I think the max speed should be set so that the album covers always move a bit smoothly.

-Ping-pong effect (disabled on this version): if the animation was a bit more smooth, with a brief pause on each album, maybe the effect would be better?

-Loss of control: sometimes while selecting the desired panel with the remote, I lose the control: 0-1-2-3-5 are not responding anymore.. I don't know about you, but I feel this selecting mode with the remote is not very handy, even when it works good.. maybe we could change this! why not to add a remote.png icon which would appear over the selected panel? so we can pass easily from one panel to another with a single button.

Many thanks for all these quick improvements!

remote icon.jpg - 470.55kb
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-23-2010 at 07:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is the remote! if you want to try it in EJ.. ;)

remote.png - 28.46kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-23-2010 at 07:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If those 1-2-3-5 keys stop working Record or Channel Up/Down should get you back. Also you know when you load a songlist you don't need to press 2 it auto selects it on load so just press ->
i mostly find myself pressing 3

RE: why not to add a remote.png icon which would appear over the selected panel? so we can pass easily from one panel to another with a single button.

I always liked that idea but which single button?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-23-2010 at 07:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
it is already used for the full shelf3d, but maybe we could use the Record button? still including the full shelf3d in the cycle..
Pirk
Posting Freak

eureka.gif posted on 6-23-2010 at 07:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
something to add at the end of your "to do list"

-Play controls on the EJukebox miniature in the windows shelf! ;)

miniature.jpg - 169.55kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-24-2010 at 03:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
please no more itunes :P
how about the BACK remote key instead for the png list selector?

check this one out it improves key control allot more. made it so the Up and Down arrows work the same as Left and Right in the Artist, Song, and Album List. this also shows the artist arrow highlight in songlist.
and this now automatically adjusts for your keyboard repeat rate inside EJukebox so that everything moves at a more comfortable rate while holding down arrows.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-24-2010 at 10:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
BACK remote key for the png list selector?
This key is already used for Page Back, but why not if you take <- for Previous Page/Page Back, and -> for Next Page/ Page Forward. Because it can be useful to move page by page rather than song by song. It's a shame there is no scroll wheel on the remote.. How does they could forget it, at Gyration?! Otherwise.. you'll kill me if I say that the key repeat rate on the remote is now a bit to slow since this update? Well in fact I think a page per page mode is missing on the remote.. Maybe using the Page Up / Page Down list buttons, you could simulate a Slider on the remote? and when the slider is at the bottom it pass to the next page..

I love to use the 0 button: it positions the shelf3d on the right album, and the songlist directly on the right song! :cool:

Thanks a lot.

remote icon3.png - 754.07kb
Pirk
Posting Freak

cool.gif posted on 6-24-2010 at 07:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

remote icon5.png - 749.51kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-24-2010 at 07:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: you'll kill me if I say that the key repeat rate on the remote is now a bit to slow since this update

well I have it set to let the repeat keys pass once every 250 ms for song, artist, album, shelf arrows. i could adjust it to be little less so its faster. it is 50ms for the A-Z selection in the full shelf which works good but i tried 50ms on the songlist and it is too fast for the display to keep up.

Also with that last exe i enabled the back and forward commands to work the songlist page forward and back...which is nice since my mouse has 2 side buttons for this. However the same BACK exists on my media center remote and it is just to the left of the arrows - which is why i was thinking it would be better to switch that to do the png list selector instead. does your remote have that back key next to the arrows? just thinking it would be too confusing/annoying to include shelf fullscreen on the png selector rotation.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-24-2010 at 07:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
does your remote have that back key next to the arrows? just think it would be too confusing/annoying to include shelf fullscreen on the png selector rotation.

yep my remote also have a back key next to the arrows. I agree you use this key for the png selector.

I hope you can simulate the Page Up/Down list buttons on the remote, maybe with Channel +/- keys?
[EDIT] well it seems it already works good with the up and down arrows on the remote! :D
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-24-2010 at 07:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
but Channel Up and Down works for A-Z in artist and Album List when open doesn't it?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-24-2010 at 07:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
but Channel Up and Down works for A-Z in artist and Album List when open doesn't it?

Yes, Channel Up and Down works very good for A-Z in artist and Album List. it's great! I edited my previous post...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-24-2010 at 08:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
I hope you can simulate the Page Up/Down list buttons on the remote, maybe with Channel +/- keys?
[EDIT] well it seems it already works good with the up and down arrows on the remote! :D

...but it's less fast than if I use Page Up and Down on my Keyboard. It's a pity!
So could you put the page up and down keyboard keys on the up and down arrows on the remote?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-24-2010 at 11:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Page up and down has no ability to select items in the lists. Once you page up or down and hit < > it will jump back to where the selector left off. there is no way around that

this one fixes a bug with exiting shelf full screen. Makes the Seek << >> a little faster. Fixes a bug where the last popup menu was showing when you use arrows on the songlist while netrelated is loading. also the shelf3d crash detection should actually work now...the next time it tries to load albums and can't it will uncrash itself. also fixes arrows were not working on the songlist when less than 2 tracks were in the list. now works even when no tracks so netrelated selection selection still works.
-fixes netrelated not staying fullscreen and other focusing issues

New v5.19 download available under the latest updates section

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-25-2010 at 11:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My remote has a Secret Weapon: The Motion Sense!

Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Page up and down has no ability to select items in the lists. Once you page up or down and hit < > it will jump back to where the selector left off. there is no way around that

I know it is not possible to select songs with Page up and down.. however it's very useful if you just want to Look Over your songs briefly! Why Devil shouldn't we have this ability to scroll quickly from the remote? :o Especially as, if I could page Up and Down Lists with the remote, then I could easily Select items in the lists using the Air Mouse feature of my remote! :D
Unfortunately there is no scroll-wheel on my remote.. :( I can still move the mouse pointer with the remote over the scroll-sliders or buttons, then click and drag.. but it's not very handy for a daily use. This is why I request so heavily Page Up and Down on the remote.
I don't know why Gyration hasn't added a scroll-wheel on their remote controller, it would have been perfect!

So please Audiosoft, could you add Page up and down for those who have a in-Air ability to control the cursor on their remote? At least as an option.. :)

PS: It would be a Must if you set as Page up and down on the remote the Lists Large Buttons, which work more smoothly! :cool:

Thanks a lot for all other improvements.

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/itemDetails/G128-1044/G128-1044-callout.jpg
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-25-2010 at 06:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ah the air mouse i get it now but...
page up and down on your remote is actually channel up/down otherwise it would already work like the keyboard page up and down
so i think the only way would be to have EJ recognize another key on the remote to switch the channel a-z to do page up/down
-or could add an EJ option to make the up and down arrows do page up and down (for songlist, artist, albumlists) instead of item selection

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-25-2010 at 06:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
glad you get it! ;)
I think the Up and Down Arrows on the remote could be used for Page up and down.

Something very strange is that, as I request for Up and Down Arrows for Page up and down, for the moment it now already works like that! Crazy.. Have you updated my PC Audiosoft? :o
OK.. I understand: each time I lose the eJukebox feature on my remote I recover the default functions on it. Mad!
So it seems there is a bug in EJ that causes the lose of the remote controls.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

puzzled.gif posted on 6-25-2010 at 06:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok now i am confused :D
i was thinking maybe there was a switch key for channel/page but you say the up and down arrows page now?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-25-2010 at 06:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i am confused too.. because my remote never works the same way in eJukebox: sometimes I lose the eJukebox feature on my remote, then I recover some of the default functions on it. Mad!
It seems there is a bug somewhere..

It would be interesting for me to know exactly which buttons of the remote you intercepted and changed from the default for eJukebox?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-25-2010 at 07:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
maybe when ej looses focus you loose some of the buttons?
stop button should always work

hmmm should the page up and down key respect the animation page up/down option like the buttons?

Here this has a new option at the bottom of the OTHER tab Up/Down Arrow ->Page Up/Down

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-25-2010 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When I start EJ, I have the EJukebox functions on my remote: the inconvenient is Up and Down Arrows works like Left and Right and they select the items instead of scrolling.

... later while EJ is still running I lose 0-1-2-3-5. Up and Down arrows return to Up and Down in the lists, which is Good for me! but as I've lost some other buttons..
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-25-2010 at 07:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the exe! until now the new option works good. I will see on the long run. I'll try to see if I still lose 0-1-2-3-5 and when. maybe it occurs while I'm doing something particular. I will report here.

Otherwise since your latest updates it seems the Play controls are always working good.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-25-2010 at 07:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
great that last exe won't remember the new checkbox option.
this one will. btw do you think it should animate with pageup/down animate option?

Pages:  1  2  3  4  5
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats