Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: eJukebox 4.90 Released
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-7-2007 at 03:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox 4.90 Released

4.90 Released January 18th, 2008

4.90 Beta 5:
-Play Mode random playback updated to ensure that all matching songs are open to random selection.

4.90 Beta 4:
-switched the CDDB server that eJukebox's cd ripper uses so that the disc info and track titles show up automatically again.
-popup now keeps time and playcontrols visible when you drag/move the popup

4.90 Beta 3:
-fixes reported problem with importing itunes mp3 tags

4.90 Beta 2:
-updated to make sure that the new popup LCD skin files are automatically installed.

Whats new in 4.90 Beta:
-updated eJukebox's database setup so that it reads the id3 tag from .wv files.
-added skinable LCD Time/Volume % Display on Song Change Popup
-click LCD Time to toggle time remaining. hold down << or >> to scan time
-clicking the Popup to focus it no longer moves the popup position
-albumpop png stars are aligned based on image file width and now also image height
-Popup now gains focus if mouse is over its cover image for 1 second. ensures mouse scrollwheel can control volume without clicking popup first
-C:\Program Files\eJukebox\images\albumpop\ now contains the fallback skin files for the LCD that get used when the current skin does not yet contain these files:
\albumpop\timeback.png
\albumpop\lcd.ini ...
[LCD]
BackColor=0
BorderColor=0
BurnInColor=5263360
SegColor=16776960

Let me know what you think.

Download eJukebox v4.90 HERE

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
privatejz

posted on 12-7-2007 at 03:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
all great updates. that popup window moving when clicking on was buggin the crap out of me

edit:
AWESOME updates.. love the revisions to the pop up. well done.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-7-2007 at 08:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot Audiosoft! for your skinable LCD Time/Volume % Display on Song Change Popup. Great job! :)

-Popup now gains focus if mouse is over its cover image for 1 second. ensures mouse scrollwheel can control volume without clicking popup first:
This feature doesn't work for me. I need to click on the popup before I can control the volume.

Here is my first draft on the new LCD time:
I think maybe it could look even better if the "BackColor" can be set as transparent. So none BackColor in fact.. I would add a semi-transparent "pseudo-backcolor" directly in the timeback png image instead.

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-7-2007 at 09:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, you can make the timeback.png totally transparent if you want but the LCD rectangle area must use solid colors from the lcd.ini.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-7-2007 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK Audiosoft. I'll make without transparency in the LCD rectangle.. Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-7-2007 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Pirk
-Popup now gains focus if mouse is over its cover image for 1 second. ensures mouse scrollwheel can control volume without clicking popup first:
This feature doesn't work for me. I need to click on the popup before I can control the volume.

Well, it works, but ONLY when it's eJukebox which is displayed behind the popup.. But I'm not sure this case is the more useful for this feature!

privatejz

posted on 12-8-2007 at 09:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

this works perfect for me. is it an OS thing?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-8-2007 at 09:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
privatejz,

Maybe this problem only occurs with vista..
So you are saying that you can change the ejukebox volume from the popup without clicking on it first, all that when ejukebox is reduced or not in focus? Glad for you!

privatejz

posted on 12-8-2007 at 09:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
exactly. like right now i have mozilla open and in focus but when i scroll over the popup it immediately come in focus without clicking on it and i can change the volume. i am running xp pro sp2 so maybe it is a vista thing.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-8-2007 at 10:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK privatejz. Thanks.

Audiosoft,
So it seems it's a vista thing!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-10-2007 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
beta 3 is up

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-10-2007 at 08:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
no popup fix for vista users?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-11-2007 at 08:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, not sure why it would be different on Vista. well beta 4 is up and it does change something with the popup so it might fix it. let me know.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-11-2007 at 09:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well I see no difference with the beta 4.
As soon I active any other window than eJukebox I can't change the volume from the popup, unless I first click on the popup. What is strange is the play controls and the time counter always show up but the scroll wheel doesn't change the volume, it scrolls the window behind the popup..

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-11-2007 at 09:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Even eJukebox crash if I insist over the popup with the mouse!! twice, one just now.. Well It's not systematic, currently I can't crash it again!

privatejz

posted on 12-12-2007 at 09:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
4.90 Beta 4:

-popup now keeps time and playcontrols visible when you drag/move the popup

this does not work for me. both volume and controls still disappear when moved.

xp pro sp2
privatejz

posted on 12-12-2007 at 09:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok.. this is odd. i just installed beta 4 and now my volume control acts exactly like pirks. i now have to click on the popup to get the volume controlled by the scrollwheel...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-12-2007 at 09:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
this does not work for me. both volume and controls still disappear when moved.
Ah? this works good for me!
But in my case it's the volume control which doesn't work before I've clicked on the album image.. Well right, it seems I'm not alone!! :o

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-12-2007 at 10:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
privatejz,
maybe you forgot to shutdown eJukebox before running the beta 4 upgrade? does it say beta 4 on your startup screen? also are you on Vista or XP?

Pirk,
the instant the time and playcontrols finish animating-in the popup should gain focus and then be able to pickup the scrollwheel. note that you need to keep the mouse over the popup cover when using the scrollwheel to adjust the volume. So you are saying keeping the mouse over the popup doesn't make it gain focus on Vista... right?

privatejz

posted on 12-13-2007 at 03:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
to tell you the truth i don' t remember if ej was shutdown or not, but i have rebooted my computer since and now the time and controls do stay when moving the popup (beta 4 is listed when opened)

but my volume control still acts like pirks after i have updated ej to beta 4. i have to still click on the popup to control the volume with the scrollwheel.

so apparently this is not just a vista thing...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-13-2007 at 10:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Pirk,
the instant the time and playcontrols finish animating-in the popup should gain focus and then be able to pickup the scrollwheel. note that you need to keep the mouse over the popup cover when using the scrollwheel to adjust the volume. So you are saying keeping the mouse over the popup doesn't make it gain focus on Vista... right?

Yes Audiosoft, I keep the mouse over the popup, but it's the window behind which scrolls instead of the eJukebox volume. I'm on Vista.
Sorry for the delay before my reply, I haved not seen your question.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-2-2008 at 09:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beta 5 is up

Dragon_slayer

posted on 1-12-2008 at 04:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft since you’re updating the random playback can I suggest a few features that will take it to a the next level; In the genre drop down list have vacant squares next to each genre with the option of ticking/selecting it to be played for random playback, you could have ‘select all’ as the default option. This set up would be familiar if you’ve ever used Tag&Rename or a torrent. The advantages of such a feature are endless… going to have a party, a romantic night, friends over or play music for the kids, this would defiantly be a great feature.

Another feature that is needed is an expendable genre list, one that allows new genres to be listed if songs or artist have a unique genre tag.

Finally, if you could add ‘music video’ to the genre list so that if some-one just wanted video playback all they need to do is tick it while leaving the others unselected.

For me not having a dynamic and selectable genre list for random playback is a major handicap and one of the very few features that is holding eJukebox back from being the ultimate electronic jukebox. :)
privatejz

posted on 1-12-2008 at 11:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i do what you suggest now. by creating a genre playlist it will play a random selection of just that genre when nothing else is in the playlist.

i have a series of playlists now by all my genre's.

although a drop down menu or something that shows the playlists so you can quickly change between them on the main screen somewhere without looking tacky is a good idea. but it really only saves a couple steps from the already well implemented way of doing it.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 1-21-2008 at 02:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree that it has been well implemented, however, I still think a drop down menu would be more streamline and intuitive. I’m not suggesting that they do away with the Autolist Builder after all; it would just be good to be able to choose genres on the fly.

There’s no need for such a feature to look “tacky” or obtrusive. It could be implemented to work with the current genre tab/drop down list.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-22-2008 at 06:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Genre on the fly for AutoPlay

privatejz and Dragon_slayer,

To select a genre on the fly for AutoPlay:
AutoPlay tab->PRESETS button->Play Genre->Genre Name.

That will activate the old custom autoplay mode for the genre which has a checkbox to use with the popularity settings or not.

Quote:

In the genre drop down list have vacant squares next to each genre with the option of ticking/selecting it to be played for random playback, you could have ‘select all’ as the default option. This set up would be familiar if you’ve ever used Tag&Rename or a torrent. The advantages of such a feature are endless… going to have a party, a romantic night, friends over or play music for the kids, this would defiantly be a great feature.

Dragon_slayer,
I am confused. The Autolist builder already lets you pick multiple genres. The drop down box lets you exclude the generes selected or only use the ones selected...which allows it to already work like 'select all' when you think about it. What am is missing? Also I like the video idea but will probably add that based on file extension rather than a genre entry.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-22-2008 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
I am confused. The Autolist builder already lets you pick multiple genres. The drop down box lets you exclude the generes selected or only use the ones selected...which allows it to already work like 'select all' when you think about it. What am is missing? Also I like the video idea but will probably add that based on file extension rather than a genre entry.

Sure the autolist builder is a great thing with excellent features, but -for a Music Jukebox "in live"- that is not so intuitive and easy than check boxs with all the genres visible at the same time. Dragon_slayer would like to select genres without the autolist builder, using the genre list from the "Genres" button on top of eJukebox, checking each genre directly in the existing list.
Otherwise there was my old suggestion too which have check boxs: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=683&pid=3217

Dragon_slayer

posted on 1-31-2008 at 12:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Right on Pirk!
Basically what we’re suggesting is that the genre list from the “Genres” button can have a dual purpose; firstly to explore genres and secondly to be able to select those genres on the fly for random playback in the ejukebox. A good way to implement this is to have a narrow column of boxes to the left adjacent to each genre, that way if someone wants to pick genres for random playback they simply tick/un-tick the box next to the corresponding genres. If they want to explore artist and albums by genre, they simply do what they are able to do now and click on the genre name. As a default you could have all boxes ticked for random playback.

I would like to see videos as a genre entry especially if you added a genre checklist, simply because it would be so easy to alternate between mp3 and video. If you did it this way you could put it at the top of the genre list separate from the other genres. I’m not sure how it would work having it based on a file extension but as long as it’s quick and easy to alternate between mp3 and video it would probably work just as well. Of course you could always implement both options.
Krobar

posted on 4-27-2008 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think wavpack support (.wv) was broken in the final version. Any chance this can be fixed again in a future version?
Dragon_slayer

posted on 5-1-2008 at 04:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just letting everyone know the test version of my new skin eMetal is available for download.

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats