Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: crashing while updating library
jojo

puzzled.gif posted on 5-18-2007 at 09:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
moderate news

Hi Audiosoft,

Well, it 4.62 is faster, as promised however it's not doing what we were hoping it would, as far as keep going when a track fails to inport. It seems that there are some stability issues when inporting still.

I've not been able to get a successful library add. It crashes on both WMA and MP3 It seems to crash on tracks that were accepted last night.

I did attempt a re-build since I've been moving and renaming the tracks.

I'm open to ideas, I'd love to help get this fixed up. Below is most recent crashing song
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-19-2007 at 02:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Do you think that would help if I try to remove the id3 images? The cover.jpg image importation will be faster than embedded images??

Yeah no point in doing that since cover.jpg and id3 embedded images get added to the database the same way. Extremely large images will take longer. eJukebox used to add them as JPG to the database with 90% quality. I changed it to 100% quality with 4.60 so that there will be no loss of quality. The only thing is this makes the size of the jpg's in the database larger and slower to add. Maybe I should change it back to 90% quality. What do you think?

jojo,

With v4.62 the last line in the db.m3u will be the last file attempted to be added to the database. So check that file if it locks up again and post the file here so I can test with it.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 5-19-2007 at 06:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Pirk,

Do you have enough free hard-drive space for the 'Temporary Internet Files' IE7 folder? I will do my best to get the database update to import mp3s with the id3 embedded images faster. Also I am going to remove the run in ram from the database update for the next version since that doesn't seem to be helping when you don't have allot of ram. I will also look into the memory faults.

Thanks, Audiosoft.... for the continuing help on this issue. I've had so many crashes it's hard figure what it is, There doesn't seem to be any pattern, it even crashes on songs it accepted earlier.

Edit: I was sitting here, thinking of the disk space issue. The HTPC has plenty of drive available...(off topic a bit, but not) My own PC has been giving me "drive is full" I run the disk cleanup, it gives me some... but almost nothing... Then I reboot and I have 50 GB avail ???! I've never seen this happen before. This is on XP Home with 1.25 GB
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
jojo

posted on 5-19-2007 at 06:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Quote:

Do you think that would help if I try to remove the id3 images? The cover.jpg image importation will be faster than embedded images??

Yeah no point in doing that since cover.jpg and id3 embedded images get added to the database the same way. Extremely large images will take longer. eJukebox used to add them as JPG to the database with 90% quality. I changed it to 100% quality with 4.60 so that there will be no loss of quality. The only thing is this makes the size of the jpg's in the database larger and slower to add. Maybe I should change it back to 90% quality. What do you think?

jojo,

With v4.62 the last line in the db.m3u will be the last file attempted to be added to the database. So check that file if it locks up again and post the file here so I can test with it.

I was thinking the images looked really sharp in the current versions, I guess I attributed that to re-doing all tags and renaming.

As for the crashes, I'ts been bad... Really bad today :( I pretty much just pulled each album that gave me trouble. I'll re-rip them to MP3 next week, or when I get a chance. There have been many times I'd only get a partial name (Path only) not the actual file that failed.... So that hasn't been so helpful, other than giving me the album.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-19-2007 at 10:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Extremely large images will take longer. eJukebox used to add them as JPG to the database with 90% quality. I changed it to 100% quality with 4.60 so that there will be no loss of quality. The only thing is this makes the size of the jpg's in the database larger and slower to add. Maybe I should change it back to 90% quality. What do you think?

I would prefer you keep 100% QUALITY! Even if it's slower to import the images, eJukebox will look better! :) I will try to boost my PC adding more RAM..

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-19-2007 at 10:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : jojo
I was thinking the images looked really sharp in the current versions...

Same here! I noticed my skin looks better, in particular the songlist.. I was thinking Audiosoft has improved the transparency!! :D

Otherwise concerning your problems, just a idea if you use Tag&rename: Have you unchecked the option "Write unicode data in id3v2 tags"? because eJukebox is incompatible with unicode..

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-19-2007 at 12:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Could you make so eJukebox doesn't paralize the system during the database updates? The processor is not used a lot but even so it's almost impossible to use the PC during a update, in fact each time it loads a image all the RAM is used and the system freezes (see my screenshot).. I think it's not normal: the database update can be slow without it necessary freezes the system, no?

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-20-2007 at 12:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
4.63 makes the database import faster on songs with an id3 embedded image/cover/folder.jpg image.
Give it a try and let me know how it performs.

Download 4.63

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 5-20-2007 at 11:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Once more you rooted me to the spot: 4.63 works at the speed of a rocket!! :o
But how can you make it goes from extremely slow to so fast?? Are you sure that 4.63 has still enough time to import images, at this boosted speed? :D What is your secret?!

Well, now I'm got over this new version -My database is now up to date! It imported the last 1800 files so quickly..- I can say a little thing: At the very beginning of the database update, my system was 99,9% freezed during maybe 2 minutes, but then the booster taked up his post and it imported the remaining files in less than.. time to say it! :D

Thanks a lot for this efficient update Audiosoft! I think I'll save some money on RAM.. although prices have fallen much.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-20-2007 at 04:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

That's right, with 4.63 I noticed that each time I import a new group of albums, the update process first scan the folders very fast (like before), then as it seems to import the first song my system freezes during maybe 1 or 2 minutes.. But since this version all the following songs and albums are added torrentially and during the database update my system is not freezed at all! So the version 4.63 is already a hell of a progress.. :)

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-21-2007 at 01:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

wow! so it went from 48 hours for 27,000 to only 2 hours for 40,500 with v4.63...very impressive!! The reason is is so much faster is because eJukebox now turns the images into jpg on the fly instead writing a bmp to the drive first. Also it previously filled a recordset with all the image data in the database every time a new cover was imported....now it only does that one time at the beginning of the update process.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-21-2007 at 12:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

OK, thanks for your explanations. 48 hours for 27,000: Well it's not me.. In my case that was to slow, but furthermore, the database update was also very erratic because of the system freezing.. phew! In any case, you made a nice piece of coding.. Bravo! :cool:

Just a crazy dream which goes through my mind: If ever you could boost the ALBUMLIST construction in the same way! :o

Thanks again.

Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats