Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: eJukebox v4.0 Alpha 6
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-27-2006 at 10:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

It currently shows the albums in order of popularity (based on pick count)..then alphabetical if the pick count is the same. It will need to stay that way for genre, year, etc. I could make it go only in alphabetical order for artist and album listings but if you have over 9 albums; wouldn't you want the most popular ones instead of it always cutting off the albums that are later in the alphabet?

I will work on getting multiple CD albums to show up as one album in the carousel.

I like your idea for the 20 albums but modifying the carousel to do that would be a monumental undertaking. It would probally be easier to just modify it to allow 20 albums by making the size of each album smaller when over 9 so that they all fit.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-28-2006 at 07:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah OK Audiosoft.. the albums in the carousel are sorted by popularity! But for me they seem untidy because I use to see them in "AlbumYear" order in my Albumlist! You know that I always name all my albums: "Year - Albumname", so when years are not increasing.. that jump to the eyes!
Thus, the day you will allow 20 albums in the carousel, I would really appreciate if I can see them in alphabetical order. Well, in "album years" order in my case.. :)

If my swapping idea is too complicated to program, I would be satisfied with your idea that makes the size of each album smaller when over 9:
I'm longing you add this feature! :)

And thanks in advance for when you will work on getting multiple CD albums to show up as one album in the carousel. I'm longing too..

:cool: Pirk
rllercstr7

posted on 6-30-2006 at 03:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have noticed that with the addition of resizing the album images in the now playing area the playlist area can look well pretty bare. When the now playing area reaches a certain size how about modifying it to do something similar to what is pictured below. This way the area is rid of the bare look when the album image is large while accomidating the viewing of more songs in the playlist at one time.

rllercstr7 has attached this image:
Multi Queue.jpg - 111.86kb
Fishy

posted on 6-30-2006 at 04:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7: I agree that there is room in the playlist are for intersting things. What I would like to see there are maybe small coverimages, bitrate and other information. Although, the total time of duration is not a bad idea! I hope audiosoft has an good idea. I think at least a small coverimage, when each new album starts would be a good start. The playlist needs improvement!

Pirk: Ah, attending to the world cup these days? I think football is coming home this time. I hope England will do it, even if they don't have played very well so far. Rooney will do things... also against France if they they happen to get in the way ;) Do not feel to comfortable.. Brazil has done it too many times anyhow. Go England! (or Ukraine if the fail!). I know the french don't really like the english and vica verca BUT, Football is coming home :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
rllercstr7

posted on 6-30-2006 at 04:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good idea Fishy! Maybe the year would be a good idea too. :D
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-30-2006 at 11:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy: Usually I'm not a football fanatic.. but normally when France plays against the greatest teams it's still a big show! :o Of course Brazilians are gifted, but we have already defeated them.. ;) with the same team! :D
England.. What? They play football? :P

Otherwise, I don't like so much the "2 columns" playlist. Like Fishy I would prefer to have a image by album (each first song). But I would also appreciate to have more song informations displayed: total time and others..

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-1-2006 at 11:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Alpha 5 is now available for download in the first and second posts.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-1-2006 at 12:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice work Audiosoft! :)
The carousel is very responsive, even with 20 albums. It's very intoxicating to have all the albums of a artist just under the mouse.. and all in the correct order! :o

Now it would just miss you remove the duplicate covers and the carousel will be perfect..

Thank you very much! :cool:

PS: I still prefer to have the carousel below the songlist, like a minialbumlist.
OR ELSE.. if the carousel is on Top: I think the songlist title bar sould display the ARTIST name instead of the album name. Maybe the songlist title bar could display something like: "Led Zeppelin albums" or "Led Zeppelin Showcase".
I have to admit that the carousel is more spectacular on Top: This is just the fact that the songlist is cut in two pieces which bother me a bit. So if you change the songlist title, maybe that will be sufficient.. Well I'm not sure!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-1-2006 at 04:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, I've just found the right background color for the carousel to use with my skin: It looks Fan-tas-tic, on Top! :cool:

Audiosoft,

If it wasn't my own skin I would be ready to pay a lot for it.. :D I'm sure this showcase will boost your sales!
PS: Look into your email box.. :)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-1-2006 at 08:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And France win Brazil, again!! :P :D

Fishy

posted on 7-2-2006 at 02:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Henry....... In offside.

Congratz! And England lost on those dang penalities again... France and Germany in the final then? :) At last we can state that Europe rules soccer? Although, Norway suck but we have also beaten Brazil, during the world cup in 1998. ;D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
VWBUG

posted on 7-2-2006 at 05:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Fishy
I know the french don't really like the english and vica verca BUT, Football is coming home :D

Football does not originate in England. They just like to think it does. It was Scotland were football was first developed, we also have the oldest and origional cup competition. The Scottish Cup.

Anyway they are out now, but Andy Murray is still in Wimbledon. Also Scottish, although they will no doubt be calling him British, bacause he is doing well, but if he loses he will be Scottish again. :P

Made in Scotland
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-2-2006 at 08:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
VWBUG,
Ha ha! Andy Murray.. the guy who tread on Portuguese balls!? :o What ardour.. ;) Out! :D

Fishy,
That's true.. ;) but these Brazilians was sleeping or what?? :D They are ridiculous in defense.. and they have been incapable in attack! :P

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-2-2006 at 12:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
Quote:

-fixed clicking now playing album when # in album name locking up songlist

- There is also the sign + in album name which lock up songlist when clicking now playing album.
- And the sign & in ARTIST name lock up songlist too when there is nothing (or ...) after the &. (e.g.: Bertrand &...)

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-2-2006 at 03:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

-fixed foreign characters causing carousel to stop loading more albums

About Foreign characters in the carousel:
- Accents in album name are ignored by the carousel.
- When you click in the carousel on a album including foreign characters, the album name displayed in the songlist title bar replace all the accents by %.
e.g.: Au delà du délire --> Au del% du d%lire

Spaca

posted on 7-4-2006 at 12:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft

The v4.0 Home button view still needs work. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
If homepage could be wider then album carousel (with 20 albums) will look better with bigger resolutions (1200x1600). Maybe it is time to take off maximum value of the homepage width and make it freely adjustable!

I love eJukebox!
Dyno Don

posted on 7-4-2006 at 02:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know if this is the right place, or the bug section.. But if you right click on the artist list, it lets you choose some options designed for IE, not eJ.

And... where is "added 'Music Videos' quicklink"
I must be blind... as you can tell, I right clicked everywhere.

Cheers!

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-4-2006 at 04:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Dyno Don
I don't know if this is the right place, or the bug section.. But if you right click on the artist list, it lets you choose some options designed for IE, not eJ.

It's weird, the artist list doesn't let me choose any option designed neither for IE nor for eJ!

Quote:

And... where is "added 'Music Videos' quicklink"
I must be blind... as you can tell, I right clicked everywhere.

Right Click Menu (on a song or a image) -> Info Links -> Music Videos

It's just a link to the "YouTube" web site. I don't know this site.. and if it can be useful for eJukebox?

Cheers, Mr Don! ;)

Pirk

Fishy

posted on 7-5-2006 at 03:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mw neither get any ie things when right clicking the artistlist.. And I guess that is the whole point..

As for the musicvideo link. Me too hoped that it was a new button in the top view. It could simply be a button that held just videos imported into ejukebox. The user himself had to take care that it was just musicvideoes. Ejukebox already support video, it is just a question about inviting the user to use it in a adequate way.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-5-2006 at 08:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And France win Portugal too! :P :D

We are in final !! ;)

Dyno Don

posted on 7-6-2006 at 05:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I tried to figure out how to post a pic, but sadly I can't

It is the same menu you get when you right click on a web page.

So it really is a right click menu for this pane. I can even export the list to Excel this way. I never remeber being able to do that...

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-6-2006 at 09:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Don,

I will get rid of the right click menu on the artistlist for the next update. For some reason it doesn't show up on most systems even though it is not disabled by code yet.

Dyno Don

posted on 7-6-2006 at 10:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No Problem, just trying to help the cause....

Some options make eJ unusable, like backward links... You want no little gotchas when you release the next major update.
rllercstr7

posted on 7-10-2006 at 04:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I updated my eJukebox Manual today to include the carosel in the Interface overview section. I also added to the FAQ and Troubleshooting section with the latest questions brought up in in forums. As always please let me know if you find any typos, incorrect information, or additions that should be made.

How is the Home View comming Pirk?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-10-2006 at 11:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : rllercstr7

Well.. I must confess I've not worked on it yet: I work all the week, and the week-end either I do other things or I rest.. I hope I will find enough time someday soon, probably at night! ;) Sorry for the delay.

Also, notice that I've never created a html page with css.. Until now I just modify the existing Audiosoft dis files for my skin attempts. So I can't promise you a good work! I would like.. but I do that only as a hobby. :)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-15-2006 at 06:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Alpha 6 is up!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-15-2006 at 12:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ahh, great Audiosoft!

The cached Artistlist is a good idea! Indeed the artsistlist opens faster now, especially when the list is a bit overloaded.. Furthermore when I open it using my crimson skin, the artistlist now starts directly in red instead of in the default blue before..

And thanks for the update of the songlist titlebar showing the artist name when the mouse pass over the carousel, or showing "Top 12" when necessary: That's some very useful indications on the carousel contents! :)
Quote:

-eJukebox's Web Browser now blocks popups unless CTRL key is held down. Browser status bar now shows # of popups blocked for the page

Well.. about popups: How is the famous "Album popup" feature coming, Audiosoft??
Because now the bear cub starts to growl seriously! :D

Thanks.

Spaca

posted on 7-19-2006 at 09:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for alpha 6, great work Audiosoft!

I have one suggestion:
There is only four options under "Only show entries when the Song or a song from the artist etc", disabled, week, month, 24 hours. They are too sort to me and I want more options like 3 months, 6 months and year. :P
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-23-2006 at 09:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : rllercstr7

I posted my work on your graphics <HERE>, rllercstr7 ;)

Tell me what you think of the result in HTML... It's a bit different but I think that looks good too! :D

Thanks again for your superb graphics.. rllercstr7. They are great fun to use! :cool:

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats