Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.999
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-27-2006 at 03:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's good Audiosoft, your beta 5 seems really to improve the random play. Even if I've not rebuil-t (!) my database..

Thank you.

:cool: Pirk
Fishy

posted on 4-27-2006 at 04:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One small bug, which is not fixed in the lastest beta, is that ejukebox doesn't remember the imagesize of the now playing cover when you restart it. It always maximize it on startup.
I am pretty sure that it used to remember the size, before 3.998 at least?

In additon it is sometimes impossible to resize the image when you've played a fullscreen 3d game. The sizes of the panels are reset and it is not possible to resize it, without restarting ejukebox. Would be nice to get rid of these small issues.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-27-2006 at 04:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

Unfortunately I fear that is not a bug: Maybe Audiosoft thinks that's better to always maximise ??
But I AGREE with you, the now playing "auto-maximize" feature - if it's a deliberate feature! - proves to often be more annoying than useful.. precisely because it's systematically imposed!

Audiosoft,

A possible solution:
I think that when the user has MANUALLY resized the now playing panel, eJukebox should remember of that for future sessions, by simple respect for him.. (us!) That not prevents to keep the Now playing auto-maximize feature for when the user click on the window maximize button!

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-28-2006 at 02:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is only an issue with how eJukebox is displayed on startup right? I can't seem to locate what is causing this but am still looking. The position is being saved but obviously not being used properly.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 4-28-2006 at 08:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, only at startup

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-28-2006 at 11:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Phew! it's a bug.. not a intentional modification!

So yes, this bug occurs on startup, but also each time you load a new skin or you reload the current skin. If that can help to locate the bug!

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-28-2006 at 01:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

I've noticed a few trails concerning the now playing imagesize bug:

In fact the now playing image is not maximized, rather it is progressively enlarged on each startup (or skin load).
When the user has chosen a size near of the maximum size, the image seems maximized. But if you chose a small size, you will see the image to grow progressively on each startup...
However if you chose the minimum size, the image is not enlarged at all on the next startup!

Also, if you drag the vertical resizing bar or you click on the maximize button, the same bug occurs: the now playing image grow progressively. Unless you use the image minimum size which is still not affected by this bug.

So it seems there is a drift: maybe a wrong calculation?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-5-2006 at 10:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beta 6 is up.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-5-2006 at 07:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you very much for this beta 6 Audiosoft.

I can now reduce and restore eJ like any other program.. with my "auto-hidden" taskbar. That is perfect!

Concerning the white flashs: hmm, they still occur on the now playing panel on track changes (each time a new image is loaded), and also on the songlist when I load a long list (a full artist for example). All this using the Arctic skin.
Sometimes (in particular when eJ is in autoplay mode) the whiteflash doesn't occur in the now playing panel, but it still occurs in the songlist on track changes. But mostly, the whiteflash appears on both.
I can't determine why sometimes the whiteflash occurs and sometimes it doesn't occurs? It seems it's when there is a too long time before the new page is displayed.

Otherwise the now playing panel height is correctly restored now. :)

Thanks.

rlailey

posted on 5-6-2006 at 11:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
White Flash

For me, the white flash seems to have gone with Beta 6. It was greatly improved when setting "background-color: #000000;" but was still slightly noticable before Beta 6. I haven't tried Beta 6 with the default Artic skin install as I have a stable Artic skined eJ now with Beta 6 and the background colour setting so don't want to change it :P

PS The Artic skin out performs any other I've seen for eJukebox
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-6-2006 at 11:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beta 7 is up

rlailey

posted on 5-6-2006 at 11:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was quick - I've only just evaluated Beta 6!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2006 at 12:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Beta 7 seems to fight the whiteflashs! :D Mostly they do not appear any more. The remaining cases where they still appear seems to be when eJ takes a too long time to load a image in the now playing panel or a page in the songlist (full artist..), but it's quite rare.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2006 at 12:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

Would it not be possible we can choose the color of the flash? Black for a dark skin, or red for a crimson skin.. :)
Maybe a "background-color: #000000;" somewhere in the .dis files?
I've tried in the body of the songlist.dis file, but without any success.
I guess this is because of the filters I use in my skins..

It's a shame because I've noticed that since the last versions I can put a lot of css filters without slowing to much eJukebox! :cool:

Fishy

posted on 5-6-2006 at 01:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For me it still flickers when I resize the album image in now playing (arctic skin). It only happens when I downsize the image (drag the picture upwards). Then it flicks downmost at the tiny resize bar and a little in the up next field.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2006 at 01:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

That is curious, I can downsize the album image in now playing (arctic skin) whitout any white flash! Now the image resizing is very smooth with the beta 7.
Only the playlist flash a bit (still in white!) when I drag the vertical or the horizontal resizing bars..

Fishy

posted on 5-6-2006 at 02:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm have you removed the filters in the playlist or simular? To be honest the small flickering doesn't bother me that much. The image resizeing is very smooth!

rlailey: Thanks for the flattering compliments on the skin. Are there any specific changes/improvements you would like to see in the artic skin? I have started using it myself again now, after sticking with the silvertunes skin for a long time. So I am a little more motived to update it again. If I could get some suggestions for improvement, I could try to fool a little around with it again.

Anyways larger playcontrols etc. will be included in it, when it is available.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2006 at 02:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes Fishy, I've removed the playlist background filter, but the resizing flicker still occurs. Of course it's not a tragedy.. since the whiteflash only occurs when eJ is resized.
But I think that would be interesting if Audiosoft could allow us to choose the flicker color in skins. But I don't know if it's possible?!

That's great you plan to update your Arctic skin! I hope that Junk will come back here on this occasion!! ;)

rllercstr7

posted on 5-6-2006 at 06:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
In all previous versions of eJukebox I have noticed a graphical bug that appears on my setup. When I click on a song from the artist list to add it to the playlist, I see a teal green box fly across the interface from where I clicked on the screen to bottom of the artist list. Is this intentional? Thanks! :D

PS - I also noticed this same behavior when clicking on an artists name in the Artist list. A teal green box again flys from the artists name to the top bar where it is then displayed.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2006 at 07:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Of course it's intentional man! :D It's a animation, not a bug.. ;)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-6-2006 at 09:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I see a teal green box fly across the interface from where I clicked on the screen to bottom of the artist list. Is this intentional? Thanks!

Yes this is intentional. Though I wish some skins would be updated so the default teal color is not used. It can be any color. Also if you want you can totally disable the animation effect by checking "Disable OnClick Animation" on the Display options tab.

Regarding the flicker when resizing the now playing height: Beta 7 makes it much better by making the cover resize smoother but there is still a little flickering/white flash. At least I was able to hide most of the whiteflash problems when not resizing so that graphical skins like arctic are more enjoyable to use.

Pirk,
There is no way to change the flash color. The white color is caused by IE and not eJukebox. Hopefully IE7 final will get rid of the flash all together.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-6-2006 at 09:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's all right Audiosoft. But it remains a question in my mind:
Why this whiteflash is just appeared since the last eJukebox versions?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-6-2006 at 11:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Why this whiteflash is just appeared since the last eJukebox versions?

Which whiteflash? The now playing height resize used to flicker much more than in the latest beta. The whiteflash is just IE not updating the display all at once. Which is more evident when filters are used. Beta 7 trys to hide the flash by not updating the screen until after the page is done loading instead of while it is loading.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-7-2006 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Which whiteflash?

Well, all the whiteflashs they appeared during the pages update (in the now playing, playlist and songlist) on dark skins.
It seems to me they wasn't there on the previous eJukebox versions. So I wonder what has changed in the latest versions that can do the whiteflashs occur while they didn't occur in old versions?

I can run eJ v3.997 without any whiteflash!

Thanks for your explanations.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-7-2006 at 12:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I can run eJ v3.997 without any whiteflash!

Pirk, are you sure about that? I can't run v3.997's exe to test that on this computer since I have IE7 beta installed. I thought there was always the white flash problem with arctic when the animation effects were on.

Good news. I managed to improve the now playing height resize so it gets rid of the partial white flash that still existed in beta 7. Resizing the height is now VERY smooth not just on the cover.

I think I am going to have to make this v3.999 final tomorrow and put it up already so people aren't still downloading v3.998 from the website and download.com.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-7-2006 at 01:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also have IE7 beta2 installed and i've run eJ 3.997 without any problem. Is it abnormal?

Concerning the whiteflashs: I would be happy if someone else could confirm, but I'm pretty sure they wasn't there even in 3.998. I think it's since 3.999 beta 2, but I'm not sure of that. I would need to test more with the old versions..
I just know that rlailey reported this bug as he tried 3.999 beta 2.

Thanks for all your continuous improvements!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-7-2006 at 01:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, well I've tested again using older eJ versions and the original arctic skin, and it seems the whiteflash occurs even with 3.997. So forget what I said in my previous post, I need to sleep now! :o

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-7-2006 at 02:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In fact like rlailey said, removing the filter that was in the original playlist.dis file of the arctic skin fix the majority of the whiteflashs on the left panels! But your improvements allow to use more filters in others skins. :)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-7-2006 at 02:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

well I've tested again using older eJ versions and the original arctic skin, and it seems the whiteflash occurs even with 3.997.

Thanks Pirk, that makes me feel better about all the time I just spent fixing the whiteflash!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-7-2006 at 02:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, it's just as well! You have also greatly improved my new crimson skin which use a lot of filters everywhere.. :D

Thanks!

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats