Audiosoft Forums : EJukebox Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: ll pitch for the Giants
huangjian123

posted on 9-14-2018 at 04:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ll pitch for the Giants

DENVER — The Colorado Rockies begin a weekend series Friday with the Miami Marlins Kemal Ishmael Jersey , hoping to finish a homestand by taking advantage of another National League East laggard.

A 6-4 win over the New York Mets on Thursday enabled the Rockies to take three of four games in that series. The Marlins (29-46), who were off Thursday, have the worst road record (15-25) in the NL but have won nine of their past 16 games overall. They are 3-3 on a road trip that included stops in Baltimore and San Francisco and will end in Denver.

“This has been a good little three-game swing for us,” Rockies manager Bud Black said after his team beat the Mets for the third straight time. “We were scuffling a little bit on the mound. We were starting to hit. So collectively, these three hopefully produce a little momentum going forward.”

The Rockies (37-38) broke their major-league record-tying string of allowing at least eight runs in nine consecutive home games but have won a season-high tying three straight games at Coors Field where they are 14-20.

Jon Gray (6-7 5.89) will start for the Rockies against Marlins left-hander Wei-Yin Chen (2-3, 5.91). Gray is 0-2, 7.36 in his past two starts, the most recent Sunday at Texas where he gave up one run in five innings and left after giving up five runs and facing four batters in the sixth. The last was Jurickson Profar, who hit a two-run homer that gave the Rangers a 6-5 lead. Gray ended up with a no-decision in what became a 13-12 loss to the Rangers.

Gray is 1-2, 6.75 in four starts against the Marlins and 3-3 Dion Dawkins Jersey , 6.45 in seven starts at home this season.

Chen gave up three runs in six innings Saturday at Baltimore and won 5-4. It was his first victory in nine starts since he made his 2018 debut against the Rockies in Miami and held them to one run in 5 1/3 innings.

Chen is 1-3, 8.88 in six starts on the road this season. He’s 1-1, 7.07 in three starts against the Rockies and will be pitching at Coors Field for the first time.

The Marlins scored three runs in the ninth Monday to beat the Giants 5-4. They are coming off a 6-5 loss Wednesday to the Giants. In that game, Miami came back from a 5-1 deficit and scored two runs in the seventh and two more in the ninth before J.B. Shuck struck out to end the game with runners on first and second. For a young team in a total rebuild like the Marlins, a stirring comeback win followed two games later by a close-but-not-quite effort can help.

“If we’re going to grow,” veteran Marlins outfielder Cameron Maybin said after Wednesday’s game, “these are the kinds of series that you need to be in. The type of series where the fans come at you. I think series like this can help a young team like us grow, more than anything.”

Unlike the Marlins, the Rockies, an NL wild-card team last year Rayshawn Jenkins Jersey , have realistic aspirations of returning to the postseason, something they have never done in consecutive seasons.

A series win against Miami would complete a 5-2 homestand for the Rockies, a series sweep would make it 6-1 Regardless, a stumble against the Marlins would be ill-advised.

“We know that we’re a good team that’s got to take care of business, especially when we play at home and play teams that everybody will say on paper we’re going to win those games,” Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez said. “I think we’re making progress. We’re hitting the ball well. Pitching is making progress, too. We believe in each other. I think this is the perfect time for us to continue to play good baseball and finish strong the first half.”

Enrique Hernandez has helped the Los Angeles Dodgers solve a problem they’ve had for years – Giants ace Madison Bumgarner.

Hernandez and Matt Kemp each homered for the second consecutive game, Alex Wood got his first victory since May 20 and the Dodgers beat Bumgarner and San Francisco 3-1 on Saturday night.

Hernandez’s two-run shot in the fifth inning was his fourth career homer against Bumgarner in 34 at-bats. He also has five doubles against the left-hander.

The utility player usually feasts on Bumgarner’s fastballs, but he punished the left-hander for a bevy of breaking pitches Saturday, crushing one into the left field seats for his 10th home run this season.

”He adjusted to me and I hadn’t really made many adjustments Harrison Butker Jersey ,” Hernandez said. ”Today he came at me with the same gameplan and it took me three at-bats to adjust, but I’m glad that I did.”

Bumgarner (0-2) was making just his third start since returning from the disabled list because of a broken finger that occurred during spring training. He threw 112 pitches while giving up three runs on five hits over six innings.

”Each time out I’m getting better and better, that’s all I can ask for,” Bumgarner said. ”It’s the first time I went over 100 pitches and my velocity is creeping up and my stretch and grip is coming back.”

The Dodgers have won five straight, all at home, and are 11-2 in June and 21-6 since May 17.

The Giants have lost 17 of their last 23 road games and are 3-6 on their 10-game trip to Washington, Miami and Los Angeles.

Kemp hit his 12th home run and has reached base in 15 of his last 18 games against the Giants. Both Hernandez and Kemp went deep in a 3-2 win Friday over the Giants.

The Dodgers lead the majors with 34 home runs in 13 games in June.

Kenley Jansen pitched the ninth for his 17th save.

The Dodgers clinched their first series victory over the Giants this season and evened the season series 6-6.

WOOD STANDS TALL IN VICTORY

Wood (2-5) credited a change in mechanics for his improvement Saturday. He was coming off a three-start stretch when he gave up 13 earned runs in 12 innings, going two innings in one start and 4 2/3 in another.

On Saturday, the left-hander gave up one run on four hits over 5 2/3 innings with two walks and two strikeouts. He held the Giants hitless until Mac Williamson singled to lead off the fifth.

”We found something with my posture,” Wood said. ”I saw some good strides in my (between-start) bullpen and got some repetitions out there. I felt really good with the adjustment and saw that translate over.”

Wood gave up three hits in the fifth Daryl Worley Jersey , but the Giants’ only run in the inning came on a sacrifice fly from Alen Hanson. Wood threw 29 of his 85 pitches in the fifth inning.

”As the game went on, I got a little fatigued,” Wood said. ”I think you naturally start to revert back to some of the things you got yourself into, but I felt really good about the progress tonight.”

TRAINERS ROOM

Giants: 3B Evan Longoria elected to have surgery to insert a pin into his fractured left hand with the hopes of returning shortly after the All-Star break. … RHP Johnny Cueto, on the DL with right elbow inflammation, will throw live batting practice Monday. … RHP Jeff Samardzija (shoulder) pitched three innings for Triple-A Sacramento on Friday and manager Bruce Bochy said he believes his starter will be back soon.

Dodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaw (back) will pitch a three-inning simulated start either Tuesday or Wednesday at Dodger Stadium while the Dodgers are in Chicago to face the Cubs. Manager Dave Roberts said Kershaw will follow that outing with a bullpen session and likely another simulated start before going out on a minor league rehab assignment. … LHP Rich Hill (blister) followed his minor league rehab start Thursday with a bullpen session Saturday and remains on track to return to the active roster Tuesday at Chicago.

UP NEXT

RHP Chris Stratton (7-4, 4.56 ERA) will pitch for the Giants on Sunday at Dodger Stadium in the finale of a three-game series. LHP Caleb Ferguson (0-0, 9.53) will be looking to pitch past the fourth inning for the first time as he makes his third career start for the Dodgers.

Womens Ryan Switzer Jersey
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2016 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats