Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: is the most desirable.
liny195

posted on 9-10-2018 at 06:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
is the most desirable.

For a while the mantra around the Washington Wizards was: ”Everybody eats.”

With the regular season winding down Jason Witten Jersey , the slumping Wizards are starving.

Taurean Prince scored 23 points, including 10 in the fourth quarter, and the Atlanta Hawks rallied to beat the Wizards 103-97 on Friday night.

Washington, which led by six points in the fourth quarter, dropped its fourth straight game and fell into eighth place in the Eastern Conference.

”Nobody wanted to share the basketball tonight. Simple as that. Nobody wanted to share the basketball tonight,” Wizards coach Scott Brooks said. ”When you take bad shots you end up missing. Simple game.”

Washington shot 40.2 percent (35 of 87) from the field compared to 48.1 percent (38 of 79) for Atlanta.

Bradley Beal led the Wizards with 32 points.

Wizards point guard John Wall sat out what was the second of back-to-back games for Washington, and forward Markieff Morris left with 4:11 remaining in the first quarter when he picked up two quick technical fouls.

Six Hawks scored in double figures. Reserve Tyler Dorsey had 22 points, including 13 in the second half for the Hawks, who had lost two straight.

Kelly Oubre Jr. scored 13 points for the Wizards and Otto Porter Jr. had 10.

”The ball has been sticking,” Porter said of the Wizards’ offense. ”We’ve got to do a better job of moving the ball, looking for the extra pass, looking for the right pass.”

The Wizards trailed by four to start the fourth quarter Tyrone Crawford Jersey , but Beal scored seven straight points to put Washington ahead 93-87 with 5:28 left to play.

Atlanta rallied and Mike Muscala’s corner 3 gave the Hawks the lead at the 2:04 mark.

Prince scored four straight points to make it 99-93 as the Wizards went over five minutes without a field goal before Tomas Satoransky’s basket cut the deficit to 99-95 with 43 seconds remaining.

Dewayne Dedmon’s dunk off a pass from Prince pushed the Hawks’ lead back to six.

”They made a little run in the fourth and we just battled back,” Dorsey said. ”And we just made big shots. Timely passes, timely shots.and we finished the game strong with big plays.

Beal was 0 for 4 from the field down the stretch.

”When you lose a lead in the fourth quarter and you’re on the road it’s not easy,” Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said.

TIP-INS

Hawks: Earned a split of the season series. … Improved to 7-33 on the road. … DeAndre’ Bembry missed a pair of free throws early in the fourth quarter and, as a result, everyone in the arena won free fast food. … The Hawks were just 16 of 23 from the free throw line.

Wizards: C Ian Mahinmi (concussion) did not play and is day-to-day. … Topped 2,000 assists (2,016) for just the second season since 1992. . Morris has 13 technical fouls on the season. … Beal recorded the 21st 1,800-point season (1,825) in team history, joining Wall as the only player on the active roster to accomplish it.

FINDING HIS RANGE

Oubre hit multiple 3-pointers in a game for the first time since March 23. He went 3 for 7 against the Hawks after going 2 for 35 over the past seven games.

DORSEY DOING IT

Dorsey is finishing his rookie season strong, averaging 16.8 points over his last five games. ”He’s just grown with his opportunities J.J. Watt Jersey , doing more and more, making big shots,” Budenholzer said.

UP NEXT

Hawks: At Boston on Sunday.

Wizards: Host Boston on Tuesday night.

The time for the Minnesota Vikings to commit anew to a starting quarterback has almost arrived.

They're still in evaluation mode, according to general manager Rick Spielman.

With Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford each on track to become an unrestricted free agent in two weeks, the Vikings have yet to make any final decisions about any of them. That's what Spielman said at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis on Wednesday.

"There have been no decisions made, and I know there have been a thousand reports out there," Spielman said. "We're going to move forward and continue to evolve this process through the meetings this week with the agents."

The most notable report, by the NFL Network this week citing unidentified sources, was that the Vikings don't plan to use the franchise tag on Keenum. That's a way they could essentially kick the quarterback-decision can down the road by keeping him for 2018 at a rate in the top tier of current league-wide salaries at the position, which would be well more than $20 million this year. That's also a lot of money for a player who was a career backup until Bradford's knee injury after the season opener paved the way for his breakout performance.

Spielman dismissed that report, praising Keenum in general terms after the run to the NFC championship game at eventual champion Philadelphia. He said the Vikings have discussed how Keenum could fit in new offensive coordinator John DeFilippo's preferred scheme but otherwise declined to divulge any specific assessment.

"Case Keenum led our football team and did a phenomenal job and has a knack for making plays Marcus Cooper Jersey ," Spielman said. "He made a lot of big plays for us because of not only his smarts and leadership but his mobility as well."

Bradford, given the long-term uncertainty about the stability of his knee, is the likely the team's least-desirable option. Bridgewater carries the same health risk, having not started a meaningful game since the wild card round in the playoffs on Jan. 10, 2016, because of the knee injury that kept him off the field until a brief appearance late last season. He's younger and cheaper than both Keenum and Bradford, though, which would give the team the most flexibility under the salary cap to sign other stars to pricey contract extensions and upgrade other positions of need.

There's a murky provision in the collective bargaining agreement that allows a player's contract to be tolled to the next season if he's physically unable to perform as of the sixth regular season game. Bridgewater was on the PUP list then, per the minimum stay, but he has said he was fit to play prior to then. Spielman has said the matter would be up to the NFL, but he said Wednesday that he expects Bridgewater to become a free agent like the others.

"I don't personally believe, with what I know today Joe Mixon Jersey , that his contract will toll," Spielman said, adding: "One thing I would say is that Teddy has been such a great teammate and is a great person and has been great for our organization. Any time our organization can reach out and help a player, even though it may not benefit us, we are always going to look out for the best interest of our players."

That of course leaves the open market, where former Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins will be beginning March 14. He'd be more expensive than any of the other three, but the package of his age, durability and resume is the most desirable.

"I haven't had the chance to pick where I'm going to play since 2007 when I chose to go to Michigan State, so I'm looking forward to that opportunity," Cousins said during Super Bowl week on an appearance on SiriusXM satellite radio. "I think it's a pretty short checklist. At the end of the day: I want to win."

Adidas Mike Green Jersey
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2016 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats