Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Delete Option
Rich

posted on 5-8-2003 at 06:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Delete Option

Hello,

When I use the delete option from within edit, be it for database entries only (including the delete folder option), or to actually delete the files, it does not remove the file entries from the db.m3u file.

This was a problem because I've been replacing corrupt mp3's, and when I "add new music to the eJukebox database" it won't find songs with the same titles, even though they don't exist in the database. I have to manually edit the db.m3u file and remove the entries, then perform the database update.

Not tough to do, but not evey user's going to know how, or want to do this.

Thanks,
Rich
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-8-2003 at 06:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We realize this can sometimes be a problem. However we are not sure if we should make it always delete the songs from the db.m3u file because usually you do no want these files to be added back in during a database update. For example if you have deleted music files associated with PC games.

We realize you are probably currently using this feature to do small rebuilds on songs to get new ID3 tag data in eJukebox. We are thinking about adding a new feature to the eJukebox database manager to allow you to "Rebuild a Folder of Songs". Where you would select the folder and eJukebox would then delete all songs in that folder from eJukebox then add them all back in using the latest tag data.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rich

posted on 5-8-2003 at 06:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply. I see your position on the db.m3u file, and I agree. I also like the "Rebuild..." idea. Cleaning up my mp3's is a constant battle, and rebuilding the db to avoid related problems takes too long.

I'm looking forward to that feature!

I also see a similiar request here:

http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=95

Thanks,
Rich
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats