Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Database Corruption Detected
robbieg123

posted on 12-1-2004 at 10:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Database Corruption Detected

I am running Windows Media Center XP, with service pack 2 (by the way, its XP professional, if that makes any difference), 32.2 GB free, IE version 6.0 also SP2, Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Winamp 5.

I tried running ejukebox today and a database error came up. So I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Didn't make any difference and the same message came up. I tried the Jet 4.0 download which installed, but didn't have any problem installing; the MDAC 2.8 updates, didn't install on XP since "its already on the system." I tried running eJukebox again, same problem.

I get the usual new install setup the database message, when I click on Continue Setup, the message "Database Corruption Detected. eJukebox will now attempt to repair its Database" comes up, clicked on OK, "Database can't be repaired again". After clicking on that message's OK button, "Error copying File" messages come up and after clicking on OK on these the same message comes up repeatedly. The only way to stop it from coming up is Control/Alt/Delete.

I've tried deleting the database file (ejuke.asn i believe?); somewhere on the message boards there was a link to a new "ejuke.asn" file, and I downloaded it and put it into the eJukebox folder. still the same problem.

also, not that it is a huge problem, an eJukebox entry in Add/Remove Programs isn't appearing in the screen. i can remember if there usually is one put there, but I know of the uninstall program in the ejukebox folder.
rlailey

posted on 12-3-2004 at 02:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is that XP Media Center 2005 or 2004? I know the 2005 version is a little different than just XP Pro plus a green button app (Can't join to domains, etc. etc.). The MCE 2004 version I'm running with eJ is OK, but when I installed the latest version of MDAC from the microsoft download site it did have something to do on my XP SP2 PC!
robbieg123

posted on 12-3-2004 at 05:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by rlailey
Is that XP Media Center 2005 or 2004? I know the 2005 version is a little different than just XP Pro plus a green button app (Can't join to domains, etc. etc.). The MCE 2004 version I'm running with eJ is OK, but when I installed the latest version of MDAC from the microsoft download site it did have something to do on my XP SP2 PC!

I currently have 2004. I bought the upgrade to 2005, but its not recognizing my Media Center PC as one. So, I gotta call HP back to find out whats going on.

I'm not sure what you meant by the MDAC download. Do you mean it messed up programs on your computer?
robbieg123

posted on 12-3-2004 at 06:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought I'd add this to maybe help....

1) When this first started happening, I tried opening the program, the status bar in the loading screen got to about halfway and stopped; several minutes later, the status bar hadn't changed, so I used Control/Alt/Delte to end it from loading, and so (maybe) started this problem. I would think that a new install would fix this..?

2) I created a new XP administration profile on my computer which deleted the previous administration profile I had been using. Maybe something the program needs is put into the profile's documents/settings folder that no longer exists?
robbieg123

posted on 12-10-2004 at 02:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i tried randomly to open the program and i didn't get the database error detected message... all is good, but i didn't do a thing! no complaints though
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats