Board Logo

Winamp's AVS OVERLAY Mode
Audiosoft - 10-2-2004 at 09:17 AM

Since eJukebox v4.0, with the new left panel resizing ability, will allow you to make eJukebox fill the entire screen ....we had an idea on how we could allow skinners to specify a spot or multiple spots inside of eJukebox to display a visualization.

Thankfully Winamp 5's Advance Visualization Studio's overlay mode makes this possible without needing to reposition visualization windows....and it hardly uses any cpu if the actual avs window is sized small and winamp is minimized.

To get an idea of how this would work: run eJukebox with the Bitsumo [Red] v1 skin and setup Winamp 5 to use AVS for visualizations. Set it to use the "Lone - Oh my God, It's full of stars (justinmod)" visualization under "newpicks". Then in the AVS Editor Click the "Settings" Menu at the top and Select "Display". Check "Overlay mode" and click the color box and select BLACK. The visualization shows through wherever the skin is absolute black. It looks pretty cool with the left panel wide and solves the problem of unused interface space when the playlist is empty.

Skinners could make a skin that sets the visualization area by simply creating a box (or any shape for that matter) of solid color anywhere in eJukebox. The best place for a visualization would probally be the playlist and/or the now playing panel background.

We are hoping it will be possible for us to make eJukebox automatically change Winamp5 to use AVS for visualizations and setup the overlay settings automatically based on the skinner specification in eJukebox's colors.ini file. If the skin does not have this in the ini file we hopefully could make eJukebox temporarily change the now playing and playlist background to a solid color when the visualization button is clicked so that it would show the visualization underneath the now playing cover and playlist items for regular skins.

ochristmas - 10-7-2004 at 09:31 PM

THAT IS SOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:D

Fishy - 10-7-2004 at 11:36 PM

Sounds really cool.. Too lazy to install winamp 5.0 so I'll just wait until it turns up in ejukebox :)

Rollingstone - 11-26-2004 at 01:05 AM

Hi Guys, This is my first post on the forum, so I'd like to say hi to all.. your past posts were very helpful when setting up the Jukebox, It's brilliant!!! I tried this overlay and wow.. it's the future. Are there any skinners out there could make a skin that really works with this feature? I'll try myself but am short of time at the moment.. It's no excuse I know but I just gave up a week of my life loading 300+ CD's into digital heaven. The Death Skin only needs a bit of tweaking to make Black the new colour..