Board Logo

& in artist names
robbieg123 - 5-18-2004 at 05:47 PM

if the artist's name contains an & symbol, no tracks are shown in the track lists on the right. the top header will show the text before the &, nothing after it.

junk - 5-18-2004 at 10:12 PM

True for me as well... and another issue, it doesn't display the songs at all, when there is a "foreign" character in the artist name, such as "Fläskkvartetten & Freddie Wadling".

As another minor issue, the drag'n'drop info also displays the &'s as _'s.

Fishy - 5-18-2004 at 10:19 PM

That makes three of us, as this applies for me as well..

ochristmas - 5-19-2004 at 08:38 AM

How about only listening to solo artists?
<joke!>

Pirk - 5-19-2004 at 09:16 AM

Well, four! (or five...) in fact i think that applies for everyone!
My own observations:

If Artist = Bob Marley & The Wailers:
Top header = Bob Marley
Songlist = Bob Marley albums + Bob Marley & The Wailers albums.

If Artist = Sting & The Police:
Top header = Sting
Songlist = Only Sting albums are displayed, NOT those of Sting & The Police!!!
So the major bug occur each time you have ONLY ONE WORD BEFORE THE &.

Another curious thing (maybe that will help to fix the problem):
If i type "Police" in the search box eJ finally display my Sting & The Police albums, but if i click on Sting & The Police in the songlist, the top header displays "Sting and The police" (plus the right album in the songlist). The "&" as been replaced by "and", curious...

Moreover i think that would be better if when we click on an artist name FROM THE ARTIST LIST the songlist displays only the EXCLUSIVE albums of this artist.

Fishy - 5-19-2004 at 07:27 PM

Yepp the real trouble starts when it's one 1 word before the "&" and applies for the artistlist, dnd and the albumlist as well.

This bug has been around a little too long, and hopefully looked into and figured out as we speak :)

The "show only albums on artistlist click" should be made optional if implemented. Not all users are as album-oriented as we tend to be :)