Board Logo

eJukebox suddenly closes
junk - 11-16-2003 at 04:52 PM

Some times after i rate a song, then click in the scrollbar to make the album list roll down a notch, eJukebox sudden quits. It kills itself without a whisper... no saving of the database or nothing.

I've only had this happen to me recently, after i installed XP. I think the mouse pointer have been over the scrollbar all the times this has happened... one time i didn't even click anything, the pointer just passed through the scrollbar and eJukebox disappeared. It might be a false clue, but i got the feeling that the XP scrollbar might have something to with it, since it differs from the win2k one. But, on the other hand, the rest of you XP users haven't had this happening to you... or have you?

Pirk - 11-16-2003 at 05:01 PM

Er... no, i never have eJukebox which kills itself! And i use Windows XP (Home edition) since a long time. Only sometimes eJukebox (or Winamp) monopolize all the CPU time, but my computer is so old now!

junk - 11-16-2003 at 05:55 PM

Hm, i also believe this must be to a fault on my setup, but i don't know what. I am using a fresh install of Windows XP professional edition with SP1 and .NET 1.1 installed. I also run ZoneAlarm v4, Norton Antivirus v4.

Fishy - 11-16-2003 at 07:08 PM

Have you tried to disaable the themes service to see if this has any effect on stability?

junk - 11-16-2003 at 09:52 PM

Hm, no, not yet... i want to see if i can isolate the event first. If there's something i can do to provoke it... i'd rather keep the themes if i can.

Brandir - 11-16-2003 at 10:27 PM

I have eJukebox sometimes killing itself, but that only if I try to edit a song and eJukebox was allready running for some time.

But aside from this bug eJukebox runs stable.

junk - 11-16-2003 at 10:37 PM

Hm, i think this thing only has occured after i've had the "edit song" window open during my eJ session... i don't edit the songs that often, so this might be a lead. I'll try to experiment a bit further with this.