Board Logo

Tag issue
kennyd - 1-21-2009 at 01:11 PM

I am running EJ on Vista with Winamp player, v45. I have no real problems until recently, the database keeps getting corrupted. It seems like as soon as I get the database rebuilt, it is corrupted again. I use Winamp for my MP3 tags, and I noticed that when EJ plays some songs, the tag is cleared in the main file. Not on all songs, just on some. I have moved EJ to C:... as discussed in previous post. Any ideas?

Audiosoft - 1-21-2009 at 08:12 PM

Which folder do you have eJukebox installed?
Try right-clicking the ejukebox.exe in the folder and selecting 'run as administrator'.

kennyd - 1-21-2009 at 10:08 PM

EJ is installed in C:ejukebox. I ran as administrator and it still wipes the tag info. I did notice that it seems to only wipe the tags with albums that have a long title. Is this a Winamp issue?

kennyd - 2-1-2009 at 11:30 AM

OK, I copletely uninstalled EJ, then went through my entire library and re-tagged eveything. After reloading into EJ, I noted that allot of my tag info was changed in the parent folder. Allot of the album names are missing, and anytime you "Instant Play" a song it erases the album name and/or renames it. I have allotof albums that I have created, but once in EJ all of t info is canges. How can I turn off the auto look ups or just block EJ fromdoing anything to the parent files? Or is it Winamp. Winamp appears to work fine when I play directly from the application and not from EJ. Please elp. I have spent countless hours tagging anf re-tagging. :(