Board Logo

3.999 Windows Restart Problem
Willum - 5-10-2006 at 04:52 PM

IMPORTANT:
If Windows refuses to boot after running v3.999 please follow these steps to correct the problem:

1. Press the F8 key to access the Windows boot menu a couple seconds after restarting your computer.
  2. From the menu select Last Known Good Configuration
  3. After you have successfully booted to the Windows desktop: Do Not Run v3.999 again until you have installed the updated download.
    Go to: Audiosoft.net/download.htm and Re-download and Install v3.999.
Note: You are not at risk if you downloaded v3.999 from Download.com (or from Audiosoft.net after 05:29 PM EST on 5-10-2006). If you downloaded v3.999 before that it might not be a problem but there is a chance that you will need to follow the above steps if you have trouble restarting your computer.

Original Post:

Hi Audisoft, I have a big problem:

After updating EJ to 3.999 from the Hompage evrything looks ok, but after rebooting i got the next message:

STOP: C000021A {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown

So that's end of story :-)

I have an immage of the 8th of may restored.. Runs normaly.. After installing the new version of EJ (update 3.999 from the hompage) I got again after rebooting above message. (I have repeated this for 4 times, each time 3 hrs restoring, So i'm pretty shure it's the new install of EJ)

Any Idee ?

XP Pro SP2 (All updates)
Intel Pentium 4, 2881 MHz
1024 MB RAM
IE6.0
DirectX 9.0c[

Pirk - 5-10-2006 at 07:15 PM

Willum,

I would not to alarm you for nothing.. but perhaps you hard drive is dying? :(
I hope that I'm wrong!

Audiosoft - 5-10-2006 at 09:29 PM

Willum,

I am very sorry this happened. I think I have fixed this problem which I believe is related to eJukebox attempting to raise the system GDI limit. The v3.999 installers have been updated so that eJukebox no longer does this since you have proven it to be unsafe on some systems. BTW Are you using onboard video or a video card?

After booting Windows, do not run eJukebox until you have downloaded and installed the now updated v3.999 from audiosoft.net/download.htm

Pirk - 5-10-2006 at 09:50 PM

Audiosoft,

Everybody risk that using the original v3.999 ?

Audiosoft - 5-10-2006 at 10:03 PM

It is unlikely to be a problem on most systems. I tested the original v3.999 on 1 Win2K system and 1 XP Sp2 system without a restart problem.

If it does cause a problem it is more likely to just show an error message dialog on windows login and then proceed as normal loading the desktop than to require use of 'last known good configuration' at the boot screen.

Pirk - 5-10-2006 at 10:09 PM

I don't have any error message, but I think it is advised to install the updated v3.999, no?

Audiosoft - 5-10-2006 at 10:14 PM

Pirk,

You only need to re-download and install v3.999 again if you experience the restart problem.

Pirk - 5-10-2006 at 10:18 PM

Well OK..

Willum - 5-11-2006 at 03:51 AM

Hi Audiosoft, if yu don't mind i'll do this tommorrow (friday), I still have a job :-).

I use a videocard, but mabe it has to do with a reat ? I will attached a report of my system. If you need anything more, just ask me (before friday :-)

Harves - 5-11-2006 at 04:03 AM

I am also having a simular problem. I did a clean install of Win XP sp2, direct X9, on a Celron 1100 system with own graphics card. Downloaded a new install of winamp and Ejukebox Yesterday (10th).
The problem is not with the program itself but when i reboot the computer it just continues to reboot itself, just when its about to bring up the enviroment. No error is given just a black screen. I can go back to last known configuration but as soon as i run that particular program agian, same thing happens on next (cold) reboot.

Cheers,
Harves

Audiosoft - 5-11-2006 at 05:02 AM

Harves,

After you do 'last known configuration' and boot into windows do not run ejukebox again until you re-download and reinstall v3.999. Once v3.999 is installed from the new download you will no longer get the boot problems.

Fishy - 5-11-2006 at 09:33 AM

Puh! :o I seriously thought my harddrive had starting saying goodbye. I have taken backups and prepared for the big crash. I know I suggested this GDI change a while ago, but it definately doesn't work correctly with my present system. Just a big "clack" under bootup and then it reboots. The new update to 3.99 fixes it!

ps. I changed this value because the arctic skin tended to bug on my old system. But I have not had any problems after a reinstall of windows. So I think I will just leave this setting alone :)

Willum - 5-12-2006 at 05:44 AM

Ok,
it's now 20060512-07:43, if you don''t hear from me within the next hour i'm buzy to restore an immage :-)

Willum - 5-12-2006 at 05:59 AM

Welcome back.. it's working 20060512-07:59

inslag - 5-12-2006 at 06:03 AM

dang, i have that same problem, same error code, i thought my drive was broken, i didin't could get in the pc anymore, so i reinstal windows, and now i must a new key, i send already a mail too audiosoft for the key. But this is serious problem.

wow,

Heavy

Willum - 5-12-2006 at 06:23 AM

Hi Inslag,

if you download the latest version (the update version, I don't know or the problem exist with the compleet version) the problem should be solved.. at least it did for me.

(Inslag .. dutch ?? [Edit]stomme vraag.. staat er onder ):D [Edit]

inslag - 5-12-2006 at 08:00 AM

Hi Willum,

I try'd, but i only got the blue screen, even not in save mode etc etc.At last i reinstall windows again.

(inderdaad dutch, mijn mailadres robbie@wxs.nl)

Audiosoft - 5-12-2006 at 08:16 AM

What about "Last Known Good Configuration" on the F8 Windows startup screen, did you try that?

inslag - 5-12-2006 at 09:00 AM

Audiosoft,

I did that, and it work, but at that time i was not know the problem was cause by ejukebox, so i thought that everythig was oke after that, but the next day it was again, but than nothing was helping, so now we know that we can use this only one time (Press the F8 key to access the Windows boot menu a couple seconds after restarting your computer.
From the menu select Last Known Good Configuration), first thing to do than, install the update 3.99.

, so i reinstall the pc, that will solve the problem.

Everything is oke now.

Rob

Willum - 5-12-2006 at 09:28 AM

Hi Audiosoft,
Evrything seems OK now..
But changing that kind of things the next time should be worth a beta.

But I think you already have come to this conclusion.

Keep up the good work.

When can I bother you again with the Drag and Drop function again ? (Drag from Winamp playlist, drop onto EJ playlist). It works nice with one song, but when I have a selection of files EJ only accept the first file dropped. Let say as a little compensation for the trouble last week ? :D

Audiosoft - 5-12-2006 at 10:22 AM

Quote:

Hi Audiosoft,
Evrything seems OK now..
But changing that kind of things the next time should be worth a beta.
But I think you already have come to this conclusion.

You got that right. I can't tell you how stupid I feel for enabling the registry change. It was a last minute thing too. I was using the arctic skin with a ton of other windows open and the display got all garbled from the GDI limit being too low. I thought the change was safe since I tested it on XP and 2K but I should know better by now. I will never make a mistake like this again. That I can promise you. It is just a shame that I couldn't even give the update a new version number because v4.0 must be next for Auto updates to work. Maybe I should just release 4.0 already and put all the big improvements in v4.1.

Regarding the multiple file drop:
eJukebox's playlist can take multiple files from windows explorer. I am not sure why it does not work from winamp. I will look into this more but don't be discouraged if you don't hear back from me right away. I am going to be leaving soon for a friend's bachelor party in Las Vegas for the weekend. I'll see what I can do when I get back late on Monday. I would appreciate it if you guys would look after the forums especially this topic while I am gone.

Willum - 5-12-2006 at 10:27 AM

Las Vegas ?? I hope you don't win to much so you can stop working ! :D
And about the version numbers.. as they say: what's in a name :cool:

Willum - 5-12-2006 at 11:35 AM

Audiosoft,
don't bother about the Drag 'n Drop.. its working now (on the WinAmp site there's still version 0.8 but here http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/dnd/ is version 1.0a, and that's working with EJ.

Have a nice weekend

Dyno Don - 5-19-2006 at 04:45 PM

We have been dealing with this for days and days on two machines. Almost ready to do a complete rebuild. We have been using the F8 also. I found the solution by perusing the event veiwer and found it to be eJ, not the video decoder we just installed (and deinstaled and reinstalled countless times). Too bad you couldn't have told ej to tell us about the problem...

At least it is to be fixed.....

Don

rllercstr7 - 5-27-2006 at 03:18 PM

Wow,
My computer is not the only one that went nuts! I thought I was having a serious hard drive read issue last week :) Audiosoft can you let us know when you will be sending out the new registration information as this prompted me to re-install windows. Thanks!

Spaca - 6-7-2006 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
do not run eJukebox until you have downloaded and installed the now updated v3.999 from audiosoft.net/download.htm
This solved my booting problem too!

At download page you can read: "Note: Make sure to Shutdown eJukebox before installing the upgrade."

I think better text is: "Note: If you just used eJukebox please reboot your computer before installing the upgrade."