Board Logo

No Keyboard Input while EJ is running
admi-ral - 12-21-2004 at 01:28 PM

Hi There,

i run ej on a notebook and while it is running, no keyboard input is possible, just doesn't react (whether in ej nor in any other program)!? about one of 30keypress-actions brings up a letter.

has anyone the same problem?

using winXP sp2.

admi-ral - 3-31-2005 at 08:57 PM

hi there :unsure:

testet the demo on other partitions of the system and the problem still exists. no keyboard input possible while ej is running... may the notebook keyboard is similar to usb-ones, but should that be a problem?

its veryfrustrating not beeing able to press a key :(

jojo - 4-1-2005 at 12:14 AM

Hmmm... I have noticed my keyboard skipping on my notebook, but I just figured the thing is going out... or my fingers don't work so well anymore.

You might try another keyboard, perhaps a USB one ? see if you have the same problem. I know my Gateway laptop is starting to get well broken in, been handled well but had to take it all aart just to clean the system fans and heatsink. I think I just disrupte the keyboard conector somewhere. I also lost the internal mouse at the same time.

<shrugg>

admi-ral - 4-1-2005 at 05:48 PM

an usb-keyboard doesn't solve the problem. still no inputs :( except one thing:
if the playlist open and save dialogues are open, keyboard inputs *are* possible. in every other case (fullscreen, window, tray) nothing happens on a keystroke ...

cbsoundman - 4-4-2005 at 08:20 PM

I use it on an HP laptop without problems. I wonder if Gateway has an updated driver or something.

admi-ral - 7-17-2005 at 09:33 AM

well, this problem hasn't been solved yet :(

i can add s.th. that might be helpful: the windows-"monitor-keyboard" - where you can point with you mouse at keys in order to send them - doesn't work either. so there has to be a general problem concerning prohibiting inputs while EJ is running.

the function keys: f5-f8,... are working

can anyone help me :( ??