Board Logo

Repeat playing
jojo - 11-10-2004 at 06:20 PM

I haven't seen this posted or mentioned, yet so I'll ad it.....

It sems that upon occasion Ejukebox will repeat play a song, at random intervals. For some reason it isn't changing the up next song and replays the same song, multiple times.

ochristmas - 11-11-2004 at 11:58 AM

yeah I had a spate of that happening a while ago. I THINK the problem was if the next track due to be played had a problem (ie was missing or corrupted) then it couldnt play and would instead repeat the song. Clicking next wouldnt cure it - instead I had to pick a track for eJ to play and then click next and all was fine. So double check your database is clean (ie you have refreshed/rebuilt recently) and see how you go!

jojo - 11-12-2004 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ochristmas
yeah I had a spate of that happening a while ago. I THINK the problem was if the next track due to be played had a problem (ie was missing or corrupted) then it couldnt play and would instead repeat the song. Clicking next wouldnt cure it - instead I had to pick a track for eJ to play and then click next and all was fine. So double check your database is clean (ie you have refreshed/rebuilt recently) and see how you go!

It appears to be a different issue than before. It's not changing the "Up Next" field, thus playing the same song over and over again. It's happening at random intervals on random songs, with no particular patern, but is happening often. I've cleaned the database, didn't help. I'll try a rebuild and see if it stops, it's about driving me crazy today :(

rlailey - 11-15-2004 at 11:30 AM

Yeah - I've had this happen on v3.97 yesterday. Had to stop and start eJ again. Happened just after I Next'd through many tracks very quickly.

rllercstr7 - 11-28-2004 at 03:44 AM

I have also had this problem after switching quickly through many tracks.

bertkessels - 7-17-2005 at 09:55 AM

I'm having the same problem with the 3.98 version.
Does anyone has a solution for it yet?
I agree with Jojo, it drives you crazy.