Board Logo

Program crashes when I access the tag editor
Vems - 10-2-2004 at 10:46 PM

When I go to "Edit Song", the tag editor pops up and then the program experiences an unexpected error and must close.

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

Thanks

junk - 10-3-2004 at 10:22 PM

There is a problem with opening the tag editor and using Windows Media Player at the same time, if i remember correctly. This happened when playing a movie or similar?

Fishy - 10-3-2004 at 10:32 PM

hmm I just tried to recreate that bug by fooling a lot around with the editor while playing some divx and mpg files in Windows mediaplayer... But I didn't get into any sort of trouble.. :P

Might be something else maybe? How does windows mediaplayer influence the tag editor? I am using the 9x series of the media player..

Vems - 10-4-2004 at 07:24 PM

This problem occurs everytime, whether it's the only program running or with other programs running.

I don't run windows media player at the same time ejukebox is open. This issue has occurred everytime since the first day I had this program.

Fishy - 10-4-2004 at 09:59 PM

hmm.. Those files you try to edit are pure clean mp3's? No corruption or weird formats?

Audiosoft - 10-4-2004 at 11:11 PM

How many songs do you have in your eJukebox database?

eJukebox v3.95 will be released soon, probably tomorrow, and includes many updates to the editor... so it may end up correcting this problem. Let us know after you have upgraded to v3.95 if you still experience this problem.

Vems - 10-4-2004 at 11:44 PM

I have 7181 songs.

I'm looking forward to v3.95 and will keep you updated.

Thanks

inslag - 10-5-2004 at 07:17 PM

I think how many is not the problem. I have 18500 songs. And i works very nice.

Audiosoft - 10-6-2004 at 10:26 PM

Vems,

If you are still experiencing this problem under v3.96:
It is probally related to your system not having the windows media player control properly installed.

Download and Install Media Player 9 from either the 1st or 2nd link on the following page (depending on your OS) and see if that fixes the problem of the Editor crashing eJukebox: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=4

Vems - 10-6-2004 at 11:55 PM

I updated to v3.95 and it didn't fix the problem. I installed all of the windows updates (except sp2). I installed wmp10 and it still didn't fix the problem. I uninstalled some of my other tag editors and it still didn't fix the problem. I was running winamp 2.95 and updated to version 5 and that didn't fix the problem.

Version 3.96 hasn't fixed the issue.

I tried installing wmp9, but it wouldn't install since i had a more recent version.

The thing that's really frustrating is that I don't need to use the tag editor except to check that little box for compilation.

Audiosoft - 10-7-2004 at 12:08 AM

See if you have a file called: msdxm.ocx
under C:WindowsSystem32

Vems - 10-7-2004 at 12:15 AM

I do have that file, however I downloaded it again and replaced it and it still did not fix the problem.

Fishy - 10-8-2004 at 12:08 AM

hmm don't want to interrupt the problemsolving process going on here. But is it not possible to ensure that you got the latest version of Win mediaplayer through http://www.windowsupdate.com? Maybe upgrading from there will be more successfull.. Don't know?