Board Logo

Ape tag Support problem
SilverSquadron - 9-21-2004 at 12:32 PM

Which program is responsble for displaying music tags
1) Winamp or 2) eJukebox?

At the moment i cannot get APE files displayed descent into the playlist. !

Winamp does not add APE tag support (see the forums) so i suggest that AT LEAST the filename should be used, to split into artist, track and title.

That we eJukebox should not support all the diffenerent tag types !!

rllercstr7 - 9-21-2004 at 10:18 PM

I think its winamp since eJukebox is just a plugin. I am guessing if winamp doesn't support it eJukebox won't either.

cbsoundman - 9-22-2004 at 03:24 PM

DAMNED Dirty Apes!

SilverSquadron - 9-22-2004 at 05:05 PM

Dirty ??!

On the contrary, they can't get any cleaner !!!

cbsoundman - 9-23-2004 at 07:28 PM

That was a reference to "Planet of the Apes".

Fishy - 9-23-2004 at 07:46 PM

A classic movie..
"Somewhere out there, there must be something better than man" ;)

junk - 9-24-2004 at 11:04 AM

"Get your filthy paws off me, you dirty ape", or something similar. But to play .APE files, you need a Winamp plugin, but after that, it is up to eJukebox. EJ decides which files to add to its database, and also what info to extract from the files. It could easily use the "artistname - tracknr - filename" method, but getting the tag info requires a lot more work from Audiosoft.

SilverSquadron - 9-24-2004 at 04:50 PM

Oke, if that is the case, than when eJukebox wants to RATE an APE file, it should implemented in eJukebox itself and not winamp ! Is that correct ?

Maybe rating a song that is NOT an mp3 should be saved into a textfile with the same filename.. That would work for any music type.

At the moment RATING an APE file shows the correct rating, but as soon as the database is refreshed, the ratings are restored again.

Or maybe the ratings could be stored into a database file itself ??.

Hmm. so much for standarisation !!!!