Board Logo

Reduce the Artist list lengh
Pirk - 9-28-2003 at 08:07 PM

I have only some compilations with various artists, but they turn my artist list in a long enumeration of names who are not representative of the artists I really would like to see all the time in the artist list...

Could you add, either a way to show/hide artists coming from compilations, or else a filter for artists who have less than 2,3,4... or x songs?

Thanks.

Pirk - 11-17-2003 at 04:33 PM

No one is interested by my suggestion?

Even so i think that could be useful for those of us who have some complete albums of their favorite artists and want highlight these "essential" artists.
What you think?

junk - 11-17-2003 at 05:13 PM

Yes, i would be interested in your suggestion... i recently got a 5-CD pack with swedish folk singers... about 80 different artists which i dont want to crowd up my Artist list all of the time. But i would, however like this function to be easy accessible from the artist list itself. A kind of "expand" and "shrink" function that hides artists with less than three songs or so.

Pirk - 11-17-2003 at 05:32 PM

Ahh, i am very happy you support me. :)

Yes, that is exactly my problem: a few compilations are enough to crowd the artist list with no-typical artists, swamping essential artists...
And the expand/shrink function you propose would be perfect!

Fishy - 11-17-2003 at 07:15 PM

I would like the artist list to only show the artists that the albumlist shows. Nothing more nothing less :).

Pirk - 11-17-2003 at 07:29 PM

Good Fishy, that is my feeling!

Perhaps 2 modes:
Including or excluding artists who come EXCLUSIVELY from compilations.

Rich - 11-18-2003 at 05:28 PM

While I agree with you both that compilations add a variety of obscure artists to the list, I would *not* like to see the artist list truncated on a permanent basis.
This is a jukebox after all, and although many use it as a personal music player, others use it in a more pubic fashion. Limiting the list would make finding a particular artist too difficult by narrowing access to browsing albums or using the search feature.

Maybe the expand / shrink would work, but again, I'm not a fan of altering the list.

Thanks,
Rich

Pirk - 11-18-2003 at 05:44 PM

I am already quite happy and satisfied using the new Artist filter of the version 3.6, not you?
It gives me some good results to hide obscure artists who have less than 2 songs... and you can still show all the artists if you want.

Fishy - 11-18-2003 at 06:01 PM

yeah! The artistlist filters have already becom a friend of mine. Very nice feature. If we get drag and drop support and possibility to set a background in it. It's almost perfect, at least for my use =).