Board Logo

Gyration Media center remote with eJukebox
Pirk - 6-10-2010 at 12:52 PM

Audiosoft,

I use a Gyration remote to control eJukebox. But some essential buttons are not working in eJukebox with the internal player: (currently I'm forced to use the mouse feature of the remote!)
- Stop, OK
>| Next song, OK
|< Previous song, OK

> Play, Not OK
|| Pause, Not OK
>> Forward, Not OK
<< Rewind, Not OK

All these buttons are fully functional (natively) in Windows Media Center.

Can you make something for eJukebox?

Thanks.

http://www.materiel.net/live/101624.jpg

Pirk - 6-10-2010 at 11:17 PM

well I've made some searches.. it seems this Gyration remote can work with a "HID" plugin.
I found 2 HID plugins, one for Winamp and another for Windows Media player, from the same author. It's shareware.. but working for free with the more basic commands.
The Winamp version seems to work a little better, and the Windows media player version doesn't work at all with eJukebox.

You can found these HID plugins on the Deepsoftware site

so now using Winamp, I get these commands in eJukebox:
Play, Pause, Stop, Previous, Next.
Forward end Backward are not working reliably.

Probably it could work better using Girder, but now that Girder is not free...

Pirk - 6-11-2010 at 01:59 PM

OK.. I found the new "girder": now that's EventGhost which can do this job for me.
EventGhost seems to be perfect with a lot of possibilities. It is similar to what was Girder in the past... so I just need to mount my own sauce for eJukebox! :)

http://www.eventghost.org/images/logo_small.png

Pirk - 6-11-2010 at 03:40 PM

Audiosoft,

There is a problem when I make my macros with EventGhost for eJukebox: CTRL+[ doesn't work in EventGhost. (syntax error!) and CTRL+P bring up the Printer box...

Could you add another shortcut for the play button?
Maybe SHIFT+CTRL+P or any other combination if you prefer?

Thanks.

Pirk - 6-11-2010 at 11:38 PM

still no joy.. I think SHIFT+CTRL+P as shortcut for the Play button would save me!

Pirk - 6-12-2010 at 07:27 PM

Audiosoft,

I can't send any command to eJukebox with my Gyration remote through EventGhost. Any idea??

Thanks.

Audiosoft - 6-12-2010 at 07:43 PM

Pirk,

Can't you set it to the standard media keyboard keys?
those should work even when EJ is minimized.

MEDIA_NEXT_TRACK = 176
MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE = 179
MEDIA_PREV_TRACK = 177
MEDIA_STOP = 178
VOLUME_UP = 175
VOLUME_MUTE = 173
VOLUME_DOWN = 174

Pirk - 6-12-2010 at 07:50 PM

My media keyboard is working fine with eJukebox. But it's a keyboard, not a remote control.. It's not the same use, I think. I can't move with my keyboard in hands!

Audiosoft - 6-12-2010 at 08:02 PM

;) i see that it doesn't like [ but can't you set the remote to use the media keys?

Pirk - 6-12-2010 at 08:05 PM

Thanks for these codes. I will try that too.

Do you think eJukebox should work with a MCE remote? because my Gyration remote is sensed to be a Media Center remote (My Gyration works fine in the Windows media center). There is no standard for that?

Pirk - 6-12-2010 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
;) i see that it doesn't like [ but can't you set the remote to use the media keys?

Well, probably that could be a solution too. but I don't know how to do that in EventGhost.. :(

The Gyration remote in PC mode is working like a (windows) MCE remote, additionnaly the mouse feature of the remote is working like a air mouse! :)

Pirk - 6-12-2010 at 09:33 PM

Audiosoft,

How the HECK, using my Gyration remote these buttons are working in eJukebox with the internal player:
. Stop
>| Next song
|< Previous song

While these other buttons are Not Working?
|> Play
|| Pause
>> Forward
<< Rewind

How this is possible?

Pirk - 6-12-2010 at 10:02 PM

Well, finally I think I'll keep Winamp with the DeepSoftware HID plugin. At least this solution gives me the standard play controls..

However if anyone, God, or a any programmer, can make so that the Gyration works directly with eJukebox (internal player). I'm interested! :cool:

Audiosoft - 6-12-2010 at 10:19 PM

While these other buttons are Not Working in eJukebox?
|> Play
|| Pause
>> Forward
<< Rewind

How this is possible?

Maybe winamp and EJ are both getting them at the same time?
to find out see if internal player works with them.

Pirk - 6-12-2010 at 10:27 PM

That's already with the internal player! using winamp as external player I have play, pause, stop, next and previous song working good.

Audiosoft - 6-12-2010 at 10:57 PM

ok i suspect it would work with regular CTRL+P if you make EJ be the active window on screen before sending the key

also what is in the "use alternate method to generate key option"???

if needed will add global keys for play << and >> besides the multimedia keyboard keys:

SHIFT+CTRL+B Previous Song
SHIFT+CTRL+P Play/Pause
SHIFT+CTRL+N Next Song

Pirk - 6-13-2010 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
ok i suspect it would work with regular CTRL+P if you make EJ be the active window on screen before sending the key

No chance, that doesn't work, neither with the real keyboard, neither through EnventGhost. I always get the Print box.
Quote:
also what is in the "use alternate method to generate key option"???

I don't know.. (it's just a check box). I also tried with this option checked, but it's not better.
Quote:
if needed will add global keys for play << and >> besides the multimedia keyboard keys:
SHIFT+CTRL+B Previous Song
SHIFT+CTRL+P Play/Pause
SHIFT+CTRL+N Next Song

Ah great! but I have another BIG problem with EventGhost. I don't know on which eJukebox window I should send the emulated keystrokes? Because until now I don't have any success in sending keys to eJukebox through EventGhost. Maybe can you help me on that?

In the past there was no problem sending commands to eJukebox using another software: PC Remote Control. but it seems PCRC is no more updated.. and there is no option for HID protocol.

Pirk - 6-13-2010 at 04:17 PM

I managed to send a message in the search box of EJ with my Gyration remote, but it's not the first purpose! ;)
Where is the "door" for keyboard shortcuts ? :o

Audiosoft - 6-13-2010 at 08:20 PM

The door is the EJukebox process itself
but the regular keys only work while EJ it the top most window
so will add global SHIFT keys but probably should not use P since print is showing and we know [ is no good in your controller app

Pirk - 6-14-2010 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
can't you set the remote to use the media keys?

I don't know if EventGhost can do that? It seems it's only possible to emulate the regular keys of a keyboard.

The Gyration remote is a "MCE" remote, so it ALREADY has its own media keys which are working great (natively, without any driver or additional software) in Windows Media Center. I think it's eJukebox which doesn't "understand" the media keys of this kind of remote (with the big Green button!).
Maybe you could investigate in this direction. I think there is probably a standard for that from Microsoft. You already caught the media keys of Multimedia keyboards, I hope you can also capture the media keys of MCE remotes. eJukebox will spread even more easily! :cool:

Quote:
The door is the EJukebox process itself
but the regular keys only work while EJ it the top most window
so will add global SHIFT keys but probably should not use P since print is showing and we know [ is no good in your controller app

well I managed to send [ to Notepad with EventGhost using the code "Oem4" and a US English keyboard (emulated)!! but you will agree with me: that's not the panacea. Especially that CTRL+Oem4 still doesn't work in eJukebox. -> LINK
NONE of the eJukebox shortcuts works when it is emulated through EventGhost. Even if eJukebox is set as the "top most window" before sending the emulated key. :o

If you want to test with eJukebox, you can find EventGhost here: http://www.eventghost.org/
Even if you don't have any remote for your PC, you can try to send emulated keystrokes in EventGhost.. and see if eJukebox receives its keyboard shortcuts or not!

I'm not sure that adding SHIFT+ will be sufficient..

Thank You very much!

Pirk - 6-14-2010 at 06:18 PM

I just found this: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/offtopic-57/emulate-any-multimedia-key-eventghost-35181/

It's very interesting but still not working for me in eJukebox. maybe I am doing something not good..

Pirk - 6-15-2010 at 07:04 PM

Using the Remote Control Device with Windows: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms867196.aspx

Audiosoft, maybe could you manage these commands in eJukebox?

Thanks.

Pirk - 6-16-2010 at 02:25 PM

well I managed to send Play commands to eJukebox from my Gyration remote. but my method is quite fussy! I used 2 softwares..
1) EventGhost captures the Gyration Play button
2) EventGhost finds the eJukebox window
3) EventGhost brings it to front
4) EventGhost starts the second application "AutoHotkeys"
5) AutoHotkeys executes a script
6) This script send the Play command {Media_Play_Pause} to eJukebox!
7) eJukebox plays the music!

Audiosoft, if you could make that directly in eJukebox... :D

Pirk - 6-16-2010 at 07:33 PM

-Reading this link: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/offtopic-57/emulate-any-multimedia-key-eventghost-35181/

-I followed the example: [desired command] * 65536
APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE -> 14
14 * 65536 = 917504

-So normally this action should work in EventGhost:
<Action>
Window.SendMessage(793, 0, 917504, 0)
</Action>

-But that doesn't work in eJukebox...

Pirk - 6-16-2010 at 07:49 PM

More to read about the Gyration remote: http://mediacenterguides.com/advancedremotes#Gyration

Pirk - 6-17-2010 at 04:42 PM

Audiosoft,

Maybe can you answer to this: http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2579&p=15041#p15041

Thanks!

Audiosoft - 6-17-2010 at 09:18 PM

Pirk here is v5.17 with the new global keyboard shortcuts
What's new
-added < Load Playlist output method button to List Builder
-List Builder's genre and artist list boxes are now taller if screen height > 600
-Updated alert message for Windows7 when using Large Fonts DPI with XP scaling checked
-added global Keyboard shortcuts that will work even when EJukebox is not focused:
SHIFT+CTRL+B Previous Song REV
SHIFT+CTRL+P Play/Pause
SHIFT+CTRL+N Next Song FF

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 01:17 PM

Thanks a lot Audiosoft for your work on this update. The playlist button in the List Builder is very handy!

About the global keyboard shortcuts: well..
SHIFT+CTRL+P: not working for me in eJukebox through EventGhost. and if I send this command when Firefox is the front window, a private browsing session is open in Firefox!
SHIFT+CTRL+B: not working through EventGhost. and it also starts something in Firefox..
SHIFT+CTRL+N: not working either through EventGhost.

I think that was not a so good idea to add SHIFT+.. I'm sorry for this bad suggestion.
eJukebox and EventGhost:
Maybe it's also a bad idea to try to use this brilliant tool with eJukebox. I don't know why eJukebox doesn't understand the commands sended by EventGhost. Maybe this problem only occurs for me? Have you tried EventGhost with EJ, Audiosoft?

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If I DON'T use EventGhost (program completely closed) or any other tool of the same genre, just my Gyration in Windows 7. I have 3 buttons of the Gyration remote which are working good with eJukebox, in any case: STOP, PREVIOUS SONG, NEXT SONG.
Why these buttons are working good, and why not the others?!

Audiosoft - 6-18-2010 at 01:34 PM

I am not sure...maybe check that it is sending both Keyup and Keydown. and try sending those keys to a different app while EJukebox is running

Haven't tried it myself yet from that app. Do you have a link to download event ghost?

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 01:41 PM

http://www.eventghost.org/

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 02:28 PM

great if you possess a windows media remote! :) I only have Win7 Home edition, so no Virtual PC XP Mode for me.. I still have XP on my previous drives, but a long time I not booted XP!

I enjoy much with the transparent frames! :D

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 03:02 PM

I think it's time to upgrade to Visual Studio 2010!

Audiosoft - 6-18-2010 at 03:08 PM

I have it installed on Windows 7 ;)

OK the remote is working now to download that app
you want to send me your remote profile?

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 03:13 PM

so maybe it would better if you program EJ on Visual studio 2010?

here is my setup for the gyration:

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 03:19 PM

it's only a "Beta" release.. :D

Audiosoft - 6-18-2010 at 03:20 PM

i got the remote installed. thanks for the xml. before i run eventghost i would like to see what keys are working out of the box the remote keys that work in EJukebox:
<- -> = change current selection and up/down for scroll on the remote
Enter = list current selection - add to playlist

1 = Focus Playlist
2 = Focus Songlist
3= Focus Album list/Shelf3D
5 = focus artist list

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 03:31 PM

It's a pity if there is no backward compatibility. or at least a converting tool..

Audiosoft - 6-18-2010 at 03:36 PM

yeah but the code would be twice as big and EJ would be slower.
the nice thing is i can add things compiled in vc2010 to EJ

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
out of the box the remote keys that work in EJukebox:
<- -> = change current selection and up/down for scroll on the remote
Enter = list current selection - add to playlist

1 = Focus Playlist
2 = Focus Songlist
3= Focus Album list/Shelf3D
5 = focus artist list

I just tried, all these functions work for me too!

Audiosoft - 6-18-2010 at 03:41 PM

Event Ghost is just giving me errors.
I am going to take a break and will try more in a 1/2 hour

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 03:46 PM

ok I see! ;)

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 03:52 PM

NOTE: I think the best would be we don't need EventGhost (or any other tool) with eJukebox. if you can make EJ works with all the standard HID commands..

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Event Ghost is just giving me errors.

I think maybe you should not start with my setup. probably it is not corresponding to your system, wrong paths..

Audiosoft - 6-18-2010 at 04:47 PM

stop replay |< and skip >| also work out of the box

play pause >> << are not sending a code # like the other buttons
hmmm

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 04:57 PM

very interesting for me. you have exactly the same problems than me.. so if you fix it for you, probably that will work for me too! :)

Audiosoft - 6-18-2010 at 05:37 PM

OK i figured the other buttons out! their codes are being sent different. now have them working when EJ is focused. trying to get when not focused.

Pirk - 6-18-2010 at 06:00 PM

GREAT!
just a small thing: when we will have media center running (for TV with the time shifting feature :cool: ) at the same time than eJukebox. what it will occur if I press pause (or any other command) ? how to select the right application when they are not focused? unless you can add eJukebox to the windows media center menu!

Audiosoft - 6-18-2010 at 10:10 PM

well the default remote's play and pause commands only get sent to the focused app.

Here is an updated exe

Remote control Play/pause/ff/rev/ buttons now work when EJ focused
-when focused remote control Record button plays the current track or album when pressing 2 or 3 then <- OK -> to select songlist tracks/albums
-Remote control previous/next/stop do not need focus
-hold down previous and next to ff and rev seek without focus

Pirk - 6-19-2010 at 11:05 AM

Excellent work Audiosoft! as always. I can now use my Gyration also with eJukebox. It seems that I will not need EventGhost.

Thank you very much.

Pirk - 6-19-2010 at 02:23 PM

My Gyration remote works also when EJ utilizes Winamp, EXCEPT the PLAY and PAUSE buttons which work "too much": when EJukebox is focused they act as if I pressed them twice! Strangely when EJ is not focused there is no problem.

[EDIT] well in fact it's not exactly like that: There was a HID plugin still actived in Winamp. Since I uninstalled this plugin, the "story" is different:
-when EJ is focused all the play controls of the remote work.
-when EJ is not focused, Play and Pause are not working.

OK I just figured why it works like that... it's due to my request for the time shifting on the windows media center. Life is not simple! :D

Pirk - 6-19-2010 at 03:13 PM

Ideally the Pause button should not act like the Play button. I think you used the same code than the single play/pause button of the keyboard. There are certainly 2 different codes for these buttons on the remote.
-if the music is Stopped, pressing the Pause button should do nothing.
-when the music is Paused, pressing the Pause button should do nothing.

And for the Play button:
-if the music is already Playing, pressing the Play button should not pause the music, but do nothing.
-if the music is Stopped or Paused, pressing the Play button should play the music, of course!

Could you separate the Play and Pause functions, Audiosoft?

Thanks.

Audiosoft - 6-19-2010 at 06:56 PM

thanks pirk you are right i reused the multimedia keyboard play/pause toggle key. i will separate play and pause on the remote for the next exe.

Pirk - 6-19-2010 at 07:00 PM

fantastic! :cool:

Audiosoft - 6-20-2010 at 06:53 AM

Check it out..just made remote controller and keyboard number pad control work allot better :D

What's new
-separated play/pause for remote controller
-Remote controller Channel up and down now moves artistlist and albumlist a-z
-updated artistlist <- -> key selection so it shows the artist name in the main title
-updated songlist <- -> key selection to use skin's titleedithi and hi version of the artist and album highlight instead of using the old keybrdhi background color in songlist.dis
-fixed songlist <- -> selection was requiring 2 key presses to select the next track
-fixed ALT+Letter was not jumping the artist and album list
-updated 2 key to minimize the album list when it focuses the songlist
-fixed using 5 and then <- -> keys to move selection in the artist list so it does not keep repeating after you let go of the key
-updated Home view so <- -> keys pass over the < > pagers for songs, artist, and albums
-added Keyboard/Remote control <- -> support for songlist NetRelated items. includes add to playlist and play now (* or Play remote controller key) functionality like the regular songlist tracks
-you can turn netrelated on and off and page next and previous as well but there is no highlight over those
-fixed previous list was loosing focus when video played
-added SHIFT+8 (* on remote) to restore video from fullscreen
-added SHIFT+3(# on remote) to set video fullscreen
-updated the top of Keyboard Shortcuts.txt

EJukebox Interface Control with Remote controller or Keyboard Number Pad:
4 or 6, <- -> = move to previous or next item
Enter or OK button on remote = adds to playlist or lists the tracks for current selection
* or Play button on remote = Plays selected song or album
1 or 0 = Focus Playlist
2 or . = Focus Songlist
3 or / = Focus Shelf3D or Album List When open
5 = Focus artist list - can also then do any a-z key to jump to artist section
Channel Up/Down on Remote - Scan Artist and Album List from A-Z
SHIFT+8 (* on remote) to restore video from fullscreen
SHIFT+3 (# on remote) to set video fullscreen

Up - Move Song Up in Playlist
Down - Move Song Down in Playlist
Delete - Delete currently selected playlist song

Pirk - 6-20-2010 at 08:24 AM

Waaoh! Audiosoft, all that for the remote?! you are unchained! :D
I'll test all these features as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot.

Audiosoft - 6-20-2010 at 08:40 AM

:o one thing i have decided to change is instead of the Record button on the remote will make it use the bigger play button on the remote to play tracks and albums <- -> selected. now that there is separate pause why not? it makes more sense. if EJukebox is paused or stopped Play on the remote will Play the current song otherwise it Plays the currently selected track. updated the post above to that effect.

Pirk - 6-20-2010 at 08:49 AM

Excellent idea Audiosoft, as always. Work great! ;)

Thanks for the exe!

Audiosoft - 6-20-2010 at 10:33 AM

-updated again fixed video fullscreen button on remote was sometimes not working
-fixed video starting was sometimes was causing the songlist to lose focus

Pirk - 6-20-2010 at 07:53 PM

Magnificent Audiosoft! :o I tested a bit more this evening.. You have made a magnificent work on the remote controller! It becomes a pleasure to travel in eJukebox using the remote. :cool:

Just a small imperfection in the songlist panel: when the artist is selected using the remote, the Artist Arrow is NOT highlighted.

And some small requests:
-a way to launch and drive the shelf3D in full screen using the remote. plus a animation/refresh like for the small version! :)
-a way to select and click with the remote the now playing album (in order to see the song's album in the songlist). maybe 0 to focus the nowplaying panel then OK?

Audiosoft - 6-21-2010 at 07:54 PM

Thanks Pirk all very good ideas i will see what i can do

Pirk - 6-21-2010 at 08:01 PM

Great! I'm longing already! Thanks in advance.

Audiosoft - 6-22-2010 at 10:19 AM

Keyboard/Remote is now functional in Full Screen Shelf 3D:

<- -> -Moves album selection left and right
Enter/OK - Lists Current Tracks
-Up and Down arrows move A-Z in full screen Shelf3D
Remote Record button - Make Shelf3D go fullscreen and start inactive animation. press < or > to stop animation
-shelf3d animation will also start with scroll albumlist on inactive option
-also fixes CTRL+SHIFT+P B N to work on Key Up instead of Down which was repeating

Pirk - 6-22-2010 at 10:42 AM

a Big Thank You Audiosoft, sincerely!

I'll test more as soon as possible, but it seems there are a few bugs in this exe: the shelf3d in fullscreen animate a lot as soon I press the Record button. and there it is not resized when I return to the "small" version in EJ. I think it crashed..

Audiosoft - 6-22-2010 at 10:49 AM

your welcome :D
grab the exe in this post i made it so the animation is only on inactivity and not Record so it shouldn't crash as much
still having a hard time getting it to process other things while animating which is making it difficult to get it to stop animating when desired
if it does crash uncheck and recheck Use Shelf3D
eventually will make it do that automatically when it crashes but need to get it to crash less often first ;)

Pirk - 6-22-2010 at 11:58 AM

well the shelf3d works pretty good with this exe. but you surpassed what I meant by "animate"! if you agree of course, I would prefer the shelf3d in fullscreen animates exactly like the normal version: so after a time of user inactivity it would be Updated with the now playing artist albums, and Focused on the current album each time the now playing song change. I'm not for such kind of "perpetual bouncing". above all if that doesn't reflect what is currently playing.
However I agree a such animation could be interesting if that was with the full albumlist (well as much as possible) and when EJ is not playing, as a jukebox screensaver? but probably it's too much for our PCs. Only Apple can handle a "all in shelf3d" mode? ;)

Thanks a lot for your hard work!

[EDIT] if you keep this auto-scrolling effect, I would feel better if you paused scrolling maybe 1 second on each album. Or else I prefer it scrolls fast, but until the Target: the Now Playing Album! You know, like in iTunes in fact..

PS: Could you make so that if we press the Record button again on the remote controller, it returns from the shef3D in fullscreen to the normal eJukebox?

Audiosoft - 6-22-2010 at 10:42 PM

Here you go Record now takes the shelf out of full screen
also got the play and pause buttons working while shelf is full
and made channel up and down do the same as up and down arrow while full.
also made it so when the shelf is not full and you use 3 <- -> it shows the artist - album caption in the EJ main title
plus added code to the shelf so it will be possible to know when it is crashed...and disabled the inactivity animations on the shelf for now
-oh and the remote's Play button now works to play the album while in the shelf...if playback is not paused or stopped

Audiosoft - 6-23-2010 at 12:31 AM

-improved up and down arrow / remote channel up/down handling of a-z in shelf3d full screen.
once you press one of those keys you can use them or <- -> to move the A-z selector.
when you are on the right letter press OK/Enter.
-added 0 key to load the songlist/shelf for the currently playing song's album
-fixed issues with fullscreen video and fullscreen shelf3d at the same time
-made video go fullscreen if shelf3d is fullscreen
-album list should now scroll smoother when inactive
-now automatically restores shelf3D after shelf crash
-made shelf respond better and not go faster than it can display when using <- ->
-now shows shelf caption in main title bar when you use arrows, mousewheel or click covers

Pirk - 6-23-2010 at 12:36 PM

Audiosoft, could you Update the Full Shelf3d automatically (on song changes, on inactivity) with the Now Playing Artist Albums? My request for a animated shelf3d is only about that.. I think that would be a very Useful feature when EJ is used with the remote!

-when I scroll the shelf3d continuously with <--> it scrolls really too fast! I think the max speed should be set so that the album covers always move a bit smoothly.

-Ping-pong effect (disabled on this version): if the animation was a bit more smooth, with a brief pause on each album, maybe the effect would be better?

-Loss of control: sometimes while selecting the desired panel with the remote, I lose the control: 0-1-2-3-5 are not responding anymore.. I don't know about you, but I feel this selecting mode with the remote is not very handy, even when it works good.. maybe we could change this! why not to add a remote.png icon which would appear over the selected panel? so we can pass easily from one panel to another with a single button.

Many thanks for all these quick improvements!

Pirk - 6-23-2010 at 07:06 PM

Here is the remote! if you want to try it in EJ.. ;)

Audiosoft - 6-23-2010 at 07:09 PM

If those 1-2-3-5 keys stop working Record or Channel Up/Down should get you back. Also you know when you load a songlist you don't need to press 2 it auto selects it on load so just press ->
i mostly find myself pressing 3

RE: why not to add a remote.png icon which would appear over the selected panel? so we can pass easily from one panel to another with a single button.

I always liked that idea but which single button?

Pirk - 6-23-2010 at 07:18 PM

it is already used for the full shelf3d, but maybe we could use the Record button? still including the full shelf3d in the cycle..

Pirk - 6-23-2010 at 07:40 PM

-Play controls on the EJukebox miniature in the windows shelf! ;)

Audiosoft - 6-24-2010 at 03:26 AM

please no more itunes :P
how about the BACK remote key instead for the png list selector?

check this one out it improves key control allot more. made it so the Up and Down arrows work the same as Left and Right in the Artist, Song, and Album List. this also shows the artist arrow highlight in songlist.
and this now automatically adjusts for your keyboard repeat rate inside EJukebox so that everything moves at a more comfortable rate while holding down arrows.

Pirk - 6-24-2010 at 10:04 AM

BACK remote key for the png list selector?
This key is already used for Page Back, but why not if you take <- for Previous Page/Page Back, and -> for Next Page/ Page Forward. Because it can be useful to move page by page rather than song by song. It's a shame there is no scroll wheel on the remote.. How does they could forget it, at Gyration?! Otherwise.. you'll kill me if I say that the key repeat rate on the remote is now a bit to slow since this update? Well in fact I think a page per page mode is missing on the remote.. Maybe using the Page Up / Page Down list buttons, you could simulate a Slider on the remote? and when the slider is at the bottom it pass to the next page..

I love to use the 0 button: it positions the shelf3d on the right album, and the songlist directly on the right song! :cool:

Thanks a lot.

Pirk - 6-24-2010 at 07:12 PM

Audiosoft - 6-24-2010 at 07:15 PM

RE: you'll kill me if I say that the key repeat rate on the remote is now a bit to slow since this update

well I have it set to let the repeat keys pass once every 250 ms for song, artist, album, shelf arrows. i could adjust it to be little less so its faster. it is 50ms for the A-Z selection in the full shelf which works good but i tried 50ms on the songlist and it is too fast for the display to keep up.

Also with that last exe i enabled the back and forward commands to work the songlist page forward and back...which is nice since my mouse has 2 side buttons for this. However the same BACK exists on my media center remote and it is just to the left of the arrows - which is why i was thinking it would be better to switch that to do the png list selector instead. does your remote have that back key next to the arrows? just thinking it would be too confusing/annoying to include shelf fullscreen on the png selector rotation.

Pirk - 6-24-2010 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
does your remote have that back key next to the arrows? just think it would be too confusing/annoying to include shelf fullscreen on the png selector rotation.

yep my remote also have a back key next to the arrows. I agree you use this key for the png selector.

I hope you can simulate the Page Up/Down list buttons on the remote, maybe with Channel +/- keys?
[EDIT] well it seems it already works good with the up and down arrows on the remote! :D

Audiosoft - 6-24-2010 at 07:41 PM

but Channel Up and Down works for A-Z in artist and Album List when open doesn't it?

Pirk - 6-24-2010 at 07:50 PM

Quote:
but Channel Up and Down works for A-Z in artist and Album List when open doesn't it?

Yes, Channel Up and Down works very good for A-Z in artist and Album List. it's great! I edited my previous post...

Pirk - 6-24-2010 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
I hope you can simulate the Page Up/Down list buttons on the remote, maybe with Channel +/- keys?
[EDIT] well it seems it already works good with the up and down arrows on the remote! :D

...but it's less fast than if I use Page Up and Down on my Keyboard. It's a pity!
So could you put the page up and down keyboard keys on the up and down arrows on the remote?

Audiosoft - 6-24-2010 at 11:48 PM

Page up and down has no ability to select items in the lists. Once you page up or down and hit < > it will jump back to where the selector left off. there is no way around that

this one fixes a bug with exiting shelf full screen. Makes the Seek << >> a little faster. Fixes a bug where the last popup menu was showing when you use arrows on the songlist while netrelated is loading. also the shelf3d crash detection should actually work now...the next time it tries to load albums and can't it will uncrash itself. also fixes arrows were not working on the songlist when less than 2 tracks were in the list. now works even when no tracks so netrelated selection selection still works.
-fixes netrelated not staying fullscreen and other focusing issues

New v5.19 download available under the latest updates section

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Page up and down has no ability to select items in the lists. Once you page up or down and hit < > it will jump back to where the selector left off. there is no way around that

I know it is not possible to select songs with Page up and down.. however it's very useful if you just want to Look Over your songs briefly! Why Devil shouldn't we have this ability to scroll quickly from the remote? :o Especially as, if I could page Up and Down Lists with the remote, then I could easily Select items in the lists using the Air Mouse feature of my remote! :D
Unfortunately there is no scroll-wheel on my remote.. :( I can still move the mouse pointer with the remote over the scroll-sliders or buttons, then click and drag.. but it's not very handy for a daily use. This is why I request so heavily Page Up and Down on the remote.
I don't know why Gyration hasn't added a scroll-wheel on their remote controller, it would have been perfect!

So please Audiosoft, could you add Page up and down for those who have a in-Air ability to control the cursor on their remote? At least as an option.. :)

PS: It would be a Must if you set as Page up and down on the remote the Lists Large Buttons, which work more smoothly! :cool:

Thanks a lot for all other improvements.

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/itemDetails/G128-1044/G128-1044-callout.jpg

Audiosoft - 6-25-2010 at 06:23 PM

ah the air mouse i get it now but...
page up and down on your remote is actually channel up/down otherwise it would already work like the keyboard page up and down
so i think the only way would be to have EJ recognize another key on the remote to switch the channel a-z to do page up/down
-or could add an EJ option to make the up and down arrows do page up and down (for songlist, artist, albumlists) instead of item selection

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 06:31 PM

glad you get it! ;)
I think the Up and Down Arrows on the remote could be used for Page up and down.

Something very strange is that, as I request for Up and Down Arrows for Page up and down, for the moment it now already works like that! Crazy.. Have you updated my PC Audiosoft? :o
OK.. I understand: each time I lose the eJukebox feature on my remote I recover the default functions on it. Mad!
So it seems there is a bug in EJ that causes the lose of the remote controls.

Audiosoft - 6-25-2010 at 06:47 PM

ok now i am confused :D
i was thinking maybe there was a switch key for channel/page but you say the up and down arrows page now?

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 06:51 PM

i am confused too.. because my remote never works the same way in eJukebox: sometimes I lose the eJukebox feature on my remote, then I recover some of the default functions on it. Mad!
It seems there is a bug somewhere..

It would be interesting for me to know exactly which buttons of the remote you intercepted and changed from the default for eJukebox?

Audiosoft - 6-25-2010 at 07:29 PM

maybe when ej looses focus you loose some of the buttons?
stop button should always work

hmmm should the page up and down key respect the animation page up/down option like the buttons?

Here this has a new option at the bottom of the OTHER tab Up/Down Arrow ->Page Up/Down

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 07:34 PM

When I start EJ, I have the EJukebox functions on my remote: the inconvenient is Up and Down Arrows works like Left and Right and they select the items instead of scrolling.

... later while EJ is still running I lose 0-1-2-3-5. Up and Down arrows return to Up and Down in the lists, which is Good for me! but as I've lost some other buttons..

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 07:52 PM

Thanks for the exe! until now the new option works good. I will see on the long run. I'll try to see if I still lose 0-1-2-3-5 and when. maybe it occurs while I'm doing something particular. I will report here.

Otherwise since your latest updates it seems the Play controls are always working good.

Audiosoft - 6-25-2010 at 07:55 PM

great that last exe won't remember the new checkbox option.
this one will. btw do you think it should animate with pageup/down animate option?

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 08:02 PM

RE: do you think it should animate with pageup/down animate option?

Oh YES! :cool: If you can make it works exactly like the list large Buttons with the animate option. I mean when you hold the key it scrolls very progressively instead of scroll without control..

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 08:57 PM

I've just lost 0-1-2-3-5. it seems it's after I loaded the albumlist. but not just after that, so maybe it has nothing to do!
but this time Page up and down is still working, thanks to the option you added.

Audiosoft - 6-25-2010 at 09:55 PM

Page Up/Down keys now animate like the scroll button page up/down if the Animate Page Up/Down option is checked.
also changed the repeat delay for <- -> from 250 to 200ms so item select will now move faster

RE: Page up and down has no ability to select items in the lists. Once you page up or down and hit < > it will jump back to where the selector left off.

btw that is true for artist and songlist but <- -> works nice in the album list after page up/down.

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 10:10 PM

Thanks a lot. It works great! but just I was trying the new exe with a long songlist.. I've lost again 0-1-2-3-5. so the scrolling with the remote returned to its default settings without animate.

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 10:25 PM

ok Audiosoft, I think I found the problem: in fact it's once I've used the air mouse in EJ.. after that I lose the "eJukebox mode".

How can I switch back to the eJukebox mode for my remote?

Audiosoft - 6-25-2010 at 10:33 PM

maybe by clicking something in EJukebox?
i don't know why the air mouse would make you loose the keys if it just emulates the mouse. if EJ has focus all keys should work.

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 10:44 PM

RE: maybe by clicking something in EJukebox?
hmm no this doesn't work. it's rather the opposite. as soon as I click in EJ or anywhere else with the remote EJ lose the control on the remote.

RE: i don't know why the air mouse would make you loose the keys if it just emulates the mouse. if EJ has focus all keys should work.
I don't know why, but sure the air mouse is overriding eJukebox!

If I only move the cursor with the air mouse in EJ, EJ doesn't loose the control. but once I clicked it's ruined..

Audiosoft - 6-25-2010 at 10:50 PM

when it is ruined...
1. does the Stop Key work?
2. do the play/pause keys work?

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 10:59 PM

when it is ruined...
1. does the Stop Key work? YES
2. do the play/pause keys work? YES

any click options in the air mouse settings?
there is no specific setting or options for this Gyration Remote. No CD, no driver. the remote is just out of its box! :D

Pirk - 6-25-2010 at 11:20 PM

Quote:

Universal MEDIA CENTER Remote for PC, Media Center and Audio/Vclasseo Functions (GYR3101US) In-air cursor control using Patented Gyroscopic Motion-Sensing technology - 2.4GHz RF technology for up to 100 ft. - 30m range with no line-of-sight limitations when controlling your remote PC - Certified for Windows Vista Premium/Ultimate Editions with "Green Button" support - IR Universal Learning Remote Control which can control up to 3 other A/V components - Includes extensive remote code library to assist in programming the remote to operate your existing A/V components. - IR Learning Capability allows customized control of each A/V component - Easily enjoy your favorite streaming entertainment from the web (YouTube™, Slingbox™, IPTV) - Works with all Gyration 2.4GHz products (some limitations apply) - Includes USB Extension Cable for maximum Receiver placement flexibility

http://images.tigerdirect.com/SkuImages/gallery/large/G128-1070-15.jpg

Audiosoft - 6-26-2010 at 08:18 AM

updated v5.19 exe under latest updates allot of bug fixes no time to make a list of them

Pirk - 6-26-2010 at 10:50 AM

Thanks a lot for this new update. It seems you improved the Air mouse / Media center combination on the Gyration remote in eJukebox. If I have clicked on a item in EJ with the air mouse, then I can use again other buttons on the remote like 0-1-2-3-5. But unfortunately there is still a but.. after that, while I'm scrolling with the up and down arrows, suddenly I lose again the eJukebox controls and the remote returns to its default mode. It's weird because since this version the problem doesn't occur just after my first click with the remote, but a bit later, suddenly I lose EJ controls without I've clicked again.

[EDIT] in fact since this version, it seems I systematically lose the EJ controls on the remote after a certain time, well maybe less than 3 minutes(!?) after I've run eJukebox, even if I never clicked with the air mouse!
However I still have the full Air Mouse ability remaining: double click on the Motion button, then the cursor always move as soon as you move. or else after a single click on the Motion button the cursor only move when you press the Motion button.
Thus eJukebox is usable like with a standard mouse. but the major disadvantage is you need to be in front of your screen, well not too far at least, because you must point the cursor precisely. unfortunately this mode is requiring too much attention on the long run.. because it's not so natural than using the real mouse on the desktop. I think the difference in the mind is like between to drive a helicopter in 3D.. or a car, only 2D normally! If eJukebox was in 3D maybe the air mouse would be perfect? ;)

Pirk - 6-26-2010 at 01:44 PM

OK Audiosoft.. you are a Sacred clown! :D I can use Up and Down arrows on the remote, for Page up and down, exactly 11 TIMES and not one more! after that I lose EJ controls like 0-1-2-3-5, the 4 arrows, and animation. channel +/- still acts in the a-z artist list column. all the plays controls are still working good.

The Positive side is the Air Mouse / EJ buttons on the remote are all working good! Provided that I don't used the Up and Down arrows more than 10 times... :o

Pirk - 6-27-2010 at 09:36 AM

I'm trying EJ v5.194, but my problem is still there: I can use the up and down arrows only 10 times... not more. after my remote is acting a bit like a Sacred Clown! a chance that commands are not reversed! :D
I lose Page up and down on the remote, which then turn exactly like the up and down arrows of the keyboard and without animation. the left and right arrows and the play controls are still working, but 0-1-2-3-5 are lost... :(

Audiosoft - 6-27-2010 at 10:51 AM

not sure of the significance of 10 times. are you sure always 10?
try this v5.195 it has allot more bug fixes

Pirk - 6-27-2010 at 11:38 AM

At the beginning I was thinking it's a question of time or after a specific action, but as it always occurs shortly after I started to use the remote, I watched my actions with the remote.. and then I discovered this oddness: I've counted many times and the change always occurs just after I pressed the up or down button 10 times. the 11th time the up or down arrow acts like the arrows of the keyboard. and above all 0-1-2-3-5 are not working anymore.
I was in the hope that a so precise bug report would help you much. it seems it's not the case.. heck!

it's exactly the same with EJ v5.195.

[EDIT] it may work 11 times, then the bug occurs the 12th time.. but that doesn't make a big difference!

NB: If I uncheck the option "up/down arrows -> page up/down" the bug never occurs! :o

Pirk - 6-29-2010 at 11:56 AM

Audiosoft, any clue on the arrows which are working only 10 times as page up/down? it is working good for you or not?

Audiosoft - 6-29-2010 at 03:59 PM

Not happening here Pirk.
What about when you use the up and down arrows on the keyboard?
still the same problem after 11 times?
The keyboard up and down and remote up and down should be the same.

Pirk - 6-29-2010 at 04:18 PM

You are right Audiosoft. I focused on the remote but I just tried on my keyboard with EJ v5.21, and it's exactly the same problem... it only works 11 times using arrows up/down, or page up/down. well the animation works only 11 times, then it still works but without animation. However once I'm over "11 try" on the keyboard, 0-1-2-3-5 are also ruined on the keyboard.

Audiosoft - 6-29-2010 at 04:22 PM

still working here after 20 times
does this occur for you no matter which list is focused when you press up and down?

Pirk - 6-29-2010 at 04:27 PM

yes it occurs on all the lists: home, artists, albums, songs, everywhere!

Audiosoft - 6-29-2010 at 04:31 PM

I just don't know what the significance could be. If you hold up or down it should be 11 times really quick.
is it only when you press and release 11 times?

also if you check and uncheck "disable keyboard shortcuts" on the other tab does the functionality come back?

Pirk - 6-29-2010 at 04:34 PM

RE: also if you check and uncheck "disable keyboard shortcuts" on the other tab does the functionality come back?

MONEY! :D this option acts like a RESET! so all is working again anim and 0..5, but still only 11 times.

Audiosoft - 6-29-2010 at 04:36 PM

what about when you hold the key down instead of pressing 11 times?
Does it die then?

Pirk - 6-29-2010 at 04:40 PM

RE: If you hold up or down it should be 11 times really quick.
is it only when you press and release 11 times?

if I hold up or down it's NOT 11 times really quick: it moves 5 millimeters only!!

Pirk - 6-29-2010 at 04:51 PM

it moves very quick only when it's dead!

Audiosoft - 6-29-2010 at 04:54 PM

What about if you uncheck Animate on Page Up/Down
still same 11 times?

Pirk - 6-29-2010 at 04:57 PM

if I uncheck Animate on Page Up/Down it works normally without any times limitation.

Pirk - 6-30-2010 at 06:39 PM

Audiosoft, maybe you should add "e.Handled = True" is your VB6 code?

KeyPressEventArgs.Handled Property

Audiosoft - 7-1-2010 at 12:45 AM

maybe you should remove it from your code?
maybe a conflict with another program because it keeps working here

Pirk - 7-1-2010 at 12:08 PM

a conflict maybe.. but with which other program? windows 7 itself?!

Pirk - 7-1-2010 at 01:39 PM

Perhaps it has something to do with it:

Quote:

I have a simple application that traps the arrow keys in the form keydown event (key preview turned on).

It works great for between 10 and 30 keypresses then the form doesn't get the arrow down and the form keydown event is not fired.

I've tested this by disabling every item on the form except for one label that has the focus. I even moved the keydown code into the label's keydown event and had the exact same result.

Has anyone else experienced what I presume is a weird bug? Is there a fix?

Many thanks.

Bob

Doh!!! Found the problem. I had a small animated GIF running on one page using a small Activex control I found on the net. I used a timer to change the GIF every once in a while. That form was used to load the form that was trying to trap the arrow keys. When the timer went off, the Activex would run another GIF and for some reason that would screw up the arrow keys. Weirdly enough, not the page up or page down keys. Anyway who needs animations playing on hidden forms? I turned off the timer and stopped the GIF playback before loading form2 and the problem went away. Sorry for the false alarm!

Audiosoft, I suspect that your Page Up/Down animation (timer) interferes with my keyboard up/down keys! :o

http://www.bigresource.com/Tracker/Track-vb-VsZmmDNFjk/

Pirk - 7-1-2010 at 03:20 PM

Quote:

re: KeyPress problem in VB.NET - any ideas welcome

Yes, Keypress and all keyinput events are buggy, in Framework 1.1 at least. We have a larger app where the enter key stops working sooner or later (it happens app wide, only restart will fix it..), instead the last button used get's clicked. (in my case i've teached the user to use cltr-enter instead that seems to work all the time..)

http://bytes.com/topic/visual-basic-net/answers/353334-keypress-problem-vb-net-any-ideas-welcome

Pirk - 7-1-2010 at 04:25 PM

Audiosoft, maybe you should not use KeyPress, but KeyDown instead? or a totally different way... ;)

Audiosoft - 7-14-2010 at 08:39 AM

Pirk,

Think i should have just made the up and down arrows work like they used to when the "up/down arrows -> page up/down" is checked.
Here try this EXE. It no longer does animate full page at a time but it is faster for scrolling up and down in the lists when you hold the up and down arrows.
Let me know if this is better for you and if it gets around the 11 times problem. make sure "up/down arrows -> page up/down" is checked and test arrows vs keyboard pageup/down.

Pirk - 7-14-2010 at 10:33 AM

Audiosoft, i just tried your new EXE. the 11 times problem no longer happens using the up/down arrows, since you removed the animation! but it still occurs if I use the page up/down keyboard keys. thus for someone who would have never seen the animated page up/down on the remote, he could live without it.. but it's a pity!

I would have my own way to solve this 11 times problem: be careful it's not very scientific, but efficient! maybe at the 10th page/up down or more often if necessary you could discretely (internally) check/unchecked the "disable keyboard shortcut" option. so the bug would be reseted before it occurs!

Thanks.