Board Logo

CoverFlow in eJukebox!
Pirk - 10-3-2007 at 08:07 PM

Audiosoft,

Here is CoverPlay, the "coverFlow for windows": http://labs.beffa.org/coverplay/
That would be great if you can add something like that in eJukebox.. What you think? :)

Audiosoft - 10-4-2007 at 08:01 AM

Pirk, I was going to keep this a secrete a little longer but since you brought it up...Surprise! I am way ahead of you on this one! :D

I have been working around the clock on this (see screenshot) for the past 3 months! I just finished the config and skinning options on monday. It is coming along really great but is very time consuming to code which is why there have been mostly small eJukebox updates lately. The thing is I like it best when it fills the entire screen width instead of shrinking it inside eJukebox. Plus I am not sure how or if it should be integrated inside since eJukebox already has an album list. Right now I am considering making it separate exe and allowing it to be purchased as a fullscreen addon for eJukebox. Let me know what you think.

Pirk - 10-4-2007 at 09:15 AM

Waoh! What a surprise indeed! :o You are already working on it.. since 3 months! I like much your secrets (when they are revealed) as you know.. :D And even it is almost finished!! :cool: Your version of coverflow looks very good, great job! I like much the option box too. I'm longing to play with it..
Otherwise I think maybe your cover flow could replace the current carousel? That doesn't prevent to have a fullscreen option of course.. :)

Keep up your fantastic work!

Pirk - 10-4-2007 at 07:54 PM

Audiosoft,

I'm examining your screenshot, and compared with the "official" version, I think maybe your eJ Flow would look more attractive if the previous and next album covers was more visible: a bit more large and less at an angle. Unless you can reduce a bit the central album image so that it doesn't hide so much the other albums? In this way I think we will be more tempted to browse our album collection.
Well as I've not tried your work yet, I can't be sure.. but it's my presentiment. What you think?

Thanks.

PS: Well looking at your Options box, maybe all that is already possible? It seems that a few key parameters are just waiting to be adjusted to our convenience!! :)

http://images.apple.com/itunes/jukebox/images/coverflow_hero_mac20060912.jpg

Fishy - 10-4-2007 at 09:22 PM

Looks very neat. Flash-based? Can one adjust the resolution of this in fullscreen?

Anyways, I think this has literally evolved into everything one could ever dream about in a carousel. Therefore I think that the best sollution would be to replace the carousel with a mini-version of the cover-flow and have an additional version of the cover-flow in fullscreen. Just as Pirk suggested.

If hard cash is a desire, and considering the amount of time used on programming this I do not find that unreasonable, I think the fullscreen version of the coverflow could be a "pay-extra" feature. And do not make it too expensive :)

Whatever solution you choose to implement, very good work!

Pirk - 10-5-2007 at 08:57 AM

Audiosoft,

I think that would be great if the text under the central album in your eJ Flow could display "Artist - AlbumName" instead of just "AlbumName" like on my coverplay screenshot.

Thanks.

Pirk - 10-6-2007 at 02:13 PM

Here is how the eJ Flow would look once integrated in eJukebox:

Pirk - 10-6-2007 at 02:15 PM

Pirk - 10-7-2007 at 10:17 AM

Audiosoft,

Here a screenshot of the original coverflow in fullscreen mode.. You can notice the Play controls on the left side, and the Volume control on the right side, plus the Shrink/Expand button. I think our eJ Flow will also needs of the same features!! :)

Thanks.

privatejz - 10-13-2007 at 04:47 PM

just to add my 2cents.. i love the idea and would also like the idea of giving the image art some kind of thickness like an actual cd case. the "i" version has always bugged me that the images always looked so flat and 2 dimensional.

if you had the cover flow you could loose the album list at the bottom in my opinion or the option to switch between the two i guess. options are always good.

looking freakin sweet.. keep up the great work.

Audiosoft - 11-11-2007 at 11:22 AM

have made some major progress...
check out this new screenshot

whats new:
-side images are now actually 3D transformed when at an angle.
-added XD effect to fit more images on the sides by shrinking each cover a bit more
-set angle to 0 for 2D
-shade border option to give it even more of a 3d effect when at an angle

Pirk - 11-11-2007 at 11:57 AM

Nice improvements Audiosoft! The red version should work good with my crimson skin! ;)

Otherwise I think the Previous and Next buttons are too distant. I think that would be more handy if there was close using the << >> style. Well I would need to test your eJ flow.. I'm ready! :)

Wow! the last screenshot is very impressive!! Excellent work! :cool:

Thanks.

SimonC - 11-11-2007 at 02:26 PM

Wow - this looks like an exciting developent!

I'd very much be in favour of a version replacing / or an option for the current carousel and a full screen version as a chargeable download.

I just hope that an integrated version would work on my touchscreen with a native res of 800 x 600!

privatejz - 11-12-2007 at 05:29 AM

AWESOME.. keep those great improvements coming audiosoft.

mchawk - 11-16-2007 at 06:39 PM

Great! Why did you tell us about? Now I'm really, really impatient. ;) & :o
I cannot wait to see it on my computer.

Just my 2 cents:
* As SimonC mentioned: replace the album-carousel with it.
* and my wish: An option to turn off the album list, when eJ-Flow is enabled.

Do you plan an "Automatic Flow when idle"? This would be great.

Did I say "wow!" already?

mchawk

Well_Jaggy - 12-3-2007 at 11:09 PM

This looks like it could be a BIG winner.

Can't wait for this.

Audiosoft, I assume this will be a EJ version 5 release?

Audiosoft - 12-12-2007 at 07:11 AM

some more progress...
-increased angled image quality
-display is now 4x anti-aliased when not in motion
-now coded to show up in the carousel area. can use above or below and will be able to change the height from options panel or use old carousel. still needs allot of work to make it functional.
-added the ability to use alpha transparent pngs inside for the nocover image (see first album in screenshot).
I was thinking that it could possibly have a menu made up of pngs for internet radio, rip cd, etc. With the border turned off and the angle set to 0 it looks like a mac dock.
If you have any pngs or ideas on this please feel free to share.

and YES it will be in v5.0.

Pirk - 12-12-2007 at 10:24 AM

Wow Audiosoft, that's good news! :cool:
The mac dock in eJukebox? what a great idea!! With transparent pngs I'm sure that will look awesome and very functional. I'm longing to enjoy this feature in eJukebox!
If I can find any nice pngs for the dock I will post them..

Keep up your excellent work!

Pirk - 12-12-2007 at 09:16 PM

What you think of this icon guys? :)

http://www.icondrawer.com/img/free_img/Adium_anim.gif

Well_Jaggy - 12-13-2007 at 07:14 PM

eh?

WTF?

A Duck? whats that all about?

Pirk - 12-13-2007 at 09:28 PM

Well_Jaggy,

Audiosoft needs some transparent png icons for the new 3D carousel in order to make a mac dock in eJukebox. So if you can find a few nice png icons (better than my nasty duck..) you can post them. Otherwise I fear that my duck will be in the next eJukebox update! ;)

Thanks.

Pirk - 12-13-2007 at 10:17 PM

Audiosoft,

Maybe could you use in your dock the great png graphics that was made by rllercstr7 for the "new eJukebox Homeview"? What you think?

Pirk - 12-13-2007 at 10:22 PM

Pirk - 12-13-2007 at 10:23 PM

Pirk - 12-13-2007 at 10:25 PM

Pirk - 12-13-2007 at 10:31 PM

Audiosoft - 12-13-2007 at 11:20 PM

Thanks Pirk...keep them coming. Just know that it cant's use animated GIF. Regular transparent GIF will work but PNG with alpha transparency is allot better.

Pirk - 12-13-2007 at 11:36 PM

OK Audiosoft, no animated gif in the 3D carousel.. I'm longing to see how it looks in real! Have you any idea of a approximate date for the first eJukebox release including the new 3D carousel?

mchawk - 12-15-2007 at 03:16 PM

audiosoft,

I've been playing around with some pictures.
Perhaps you can use it.

mchawk

mchawk - 12-15-2007 at 03:42 PM

and some settings-cover/buttons....
if you need other wording (config, options, ...) no problem.

Audiosoft - 12-31-2007 at 01:58 AM

Here is a screenshot with the png images you guys shared so far. Looks like we will need to resize/make all of the pngs the same dimensions otherwise the images and the reflections will not align well. 400x400 for them all so they will look good when it is fullscreen.

I hope to be able to post a beta with EJ Flow before the end of January. There is still allot to do. I did get some functionality done today...eJukebox is now coded to load the albums for the current songlist in EJ Flow and open the correct album songlist when you click on an album in EJ Flow. Also made the covers 10% transparent so you can see a bit of the cover behind it for more of a 3d feel. Also when you mouse over a cover it gets rid of the transparency for a nice highlight effect. I still need to work on A-Z, menu and a million other things for it but day by day i am making allot of progress.

Pirk - 12-31-2007 at 01:37 PM

Thank you very much for giving us some news about the EJ Flow project. I see that's a lot of work for you.. but it's really worth it!
Concerning the 3d menu, hmm.. sure that we will need to create (or unearth in my case..) a set of nice and large icons. 400px icons it's quite hard to find! Unless I can turn away some real objects.. I'm looking.
Otherwise I've a suggestion concerning the background of the coverflow: Will it be possible to set a image as background?

I'm longing to test the first beta! So "rendezvous" in January 2008! ;)

Thanks again Audiosoft.

Audiosoft - 1-1-2008 at 03:34 AM

Pirk,

The pngs do not need to be 400x400 but yes higher resolution is better. They must be same X same (225x225 or higher). if original image is not already same x same just increase the png's canvas size in photoshop (keeping original image centered) . If you don't know how to do this don't worry I will take care of it. You guys can help by just posting any pngs you create or find for it. I would really appreciate it.

Also YES is will be possible to set the background image from the EJ Flow options panel. Just Type/Paste in a local path or http link to the bmp, gif, jpg, png file and it will popup in the background. works great with high resolution images and will stretch the image over the entire background. plus there is the other png stretched on top of it all like over the carousel.

Pirk - 1-1-2008 at 11:52 AM

All right Audiosoft, same X icons or centered.. But I think the more hard (for me) will be to get a coherent set of nice icons. I'll do my possible.

Background images will be allowed? Wonderful! :cool:

mchawk - 1-1-2008 at 07:09 PM

audiosoft,

you wan't 400 x 400 pixels? You got it! ;)

I put the pictures on my webspace: http://www.be-frank.net/en/blacklight/blacklight_dev_en.htm

I think that's better than make 4-5 postings with one attachment.

I've got one question: For which functions you need covers?

Greetings and of course a happy new year,

mchawk

Pirk - 1-1-2008 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Message original : mchawk
I've got one question: For which functions you need covers?

Greetings and of course a happy new year,

mchawk

That's a good question! I think that any button or menu choice from the top bar, there are many different choices.., or any link from the home view can be potentially used in the eJ Flow. Plus any "Top xx" songs. I'm right Audiosoft? But if you have a list of precise functions..
Personally I would like a "Top 50" songs!

Happy new year mchawk.

Pirk - 1-1-2008 at 09:38 PM

Here is a png image I've personalized for the "Videos" link. :) Even if I don't have much videos.. I should remedy that!

Pirk - 1-1-2008 at 09:51 PM

Another one for the Homeview link:

All these last images are "same X same". They just need to be reduced a bit eventually..

Pirk - 1-1-2008 at 10:10 PM

This one maybe for the southcast radios link? If you want to use this image it would just need to mask the brand name!

Pirk - 1-1-2008 at 10:26 PM

What you think of this one for the List Builder, alias "Automator"? :D Nice isn't it? :o

Pirk - 1-1-2008 at 10:37 PM

I'm not sure for this one: maybe we could use it for the "New songs" list? or to launch the CD Ripper??

Pirk - 1-1-2008 at 10:59 PM

A composition.. if you like it for the CD Ripper?

OK.. I stop to post new images, it's a lot for a New Year's day!

ScAtMaN - 1-11-2008 at 01:23 PM

This sounds like a great feature.

I prefer the carousel to the static album view so if this could replace both I woudl be a happy man!

How close are you to releasing a beta?

blackcat - 1-12-2008 at 12:07 PM

Audiosoft,

How are artists to be sorted in CoverFlow?

Could I please request that they are sorted as per the artist list i.e. artists such as The Fall are correctly sorted under 'F', rather than the current album list which embarrassingly shows all artists starting with 'The' under 'T'.

I'm really looking forward to this new feature.

P.S. Can we fix the album list sorting?

ScAtMaN - 1-30-2008 at 12:33 PM

Nearly the end of the of the month :D

How are you doing with this feature?

Pirk - 1-30-2008 at 01:16 PM

Next Week Scatman, Next week! :) http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2271

ScAtMaN - 1-30-2008 at 04:04 PM

Cool! :cool: