Board Logo

Copy function
perf - 6-13-2003 at 04:34 PM

I find the eJukebox interface so good it will be the only way I browse my MP3s. Sometimes I want to copy a song to a memory card (for my portable player). To do this, it would be nice to have a right-click option to copy the song to a defined path. (Would probably work for many players and PDAs that map to a drive letter also.) Is this something that could be implemented?

/Per

jhlurie - 6-13-2003 at 07:06 PM

A logical extension would be to allow all songs in the quelist to be exported (copied) to a set directory--for either a player or buring (which would of course be handled by an external program).

With that much I/O, you'd probably have to pause the currently playing song though.

Audiosoft - 6-13-2003 at 10:12 PM

Hmmm...
That shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Do most USB Portable MP3 players map themselves to a drive letter?

jhlurie - 6-15-2003 at 04:25 AM

I have a CD-based MP3 player... so, yikes... I've no idea.

Blaze - 6-16-2003 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Hmmm...
That shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Do most USB Portable MP3 players map themselves to a drive letter?

Yes, normally when you've installed the driver, it creates a new drive when you plug in the unit. Sometimes it makes "drives", wether it's plugged in or not

Demnos - 6-17-2003 at 01:52 PM

I really like the idea, that way you would immediately support also all USB card readers for things like Compact Flash, Smart Media, MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, xD Cards etc.

My MP3 Player for example works with MultiMediaCards and I use a USB Card Reader to fill them. And yes, these Card Readers use drive letters...