Board Logo

LockX.Lock
blackrh - 2-7-2015 at 04:04 PM

Why is there a keylogger in this software? What purpose does it serve?

mchawk - 6-3-2015 at 03:02 PM

As I checked a short time ago my pc with the anti-virus-DVD (Linux-Live-DVD) "Desinfec't" from the german c't-magazin and I got no virus-alert on eJukebox, there may be another problem with your pc oder a false alarm.

The check inculdes Antivirus-Scans from Avira, Bitdefender and Kasperky. No alert at all.

nobby - 7-3-2015 at 10:04 PM

I just installed the new 5.8. version, and being alarmed from this post I checked for Trojans. It is correct, I found the keylogger in the registry together with the *.ocx files. Antivirus programs do not necesserily detect this trojan, but spybots, adwcleaner and perhaps others do. I generally test my installations every day with different scanners in addition to my general protection (kaspersky), and also immediately after installations of freeware and software from not generally known distributions.

However, why is this trojan in the software?

Nobby

blackrh - 7-11-2015 at 09:54 PM

Spybot - Search & Destroy finds it and quarantines it.

The way I found it was Ejukebox is every time remove LockX.lock Ejukebox would not work and I have to reinstall EJukebox. The next time I ran Spybot Lockx.lock was back. Finally I put together.

I like Ejukebox but I don't want anybody spying on me.

That is why I ask what is LockX.Lock's function in this software?

Audiosoft - 8-1-2015 at 03:46 AM

EJukebox doesn't log the keyboard or do anything nefarious.
That file is part of the trial registration system.

blackrh - 8-1-2015 at 11:44 PM

I did start with the trial version but later purchased it.
So why when LockX.Lock is removed from a purchased version does it break Ejukebox. And when Ejukebox is reinstalled it puts LockX.Lock back in the registry.

Like I said before I like you software, I just don't want LockX.Lock on my computer.

Thanks,
Richard

Audiosoft - 8-2-2015 at 07:13 AM

I understand your concern. It is a false positive based on name; it is not detecting bad code. It is because i named the registration file the same as someone named their logger. i would never put anything bad in EJukebox yet i get false claims all the time it gets me upset. Some scream virus in the comments after watching the video demo without even downloading it to test. I just don't get that. Sorry this just gets on my nerves. Being accused of something you didn't do is the worst. I wish i could rename the registration file and be done with this but then everyone would have problems with their existing registrations.