Board Logo

License xfer from XP box to Win7 box
Rankled - 11-6-2011 at 04:45 PM

I am migrating Ejukebox to a pc I built specifically for this jukebox and my guitar aps.

I removed the license from my XP box and I have tried to enable / register Ejukebox on my Win7 pc. A small box pops up and says:
"Login to Your EJukebox Account"
"EMail:"
"Password:"

I then enter my emaill addy, and enter the password that I use to log onto the Audiosoft forums. I then get the message: "Invalid Email Address / Password."

Am I doing something wrong?

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, ASUS M5A78L-Mlx mobo, AMD Athlon II 645 3.1 GHZ CPU, 4 GB RAM.

Rankled - 11-6-2011 at 07:05 PM

I was using an old manual for reference. I did find this info in Fishy's version:

"If you bought Ejukebox before the registration system update (February 19, 2006) you are entitled to a lifetime license corresponding to the version you originally purchased. Make sure you are using the latest version of Ejukebox with the new registration system, then proceed to  HYPERLINK "https://secure.audiosoft.net/cart/description-32.html" t "_blank" https://secure.audiosoft.net/cart/description-32.html and fill out the correct form to setup a new account. You will notice a balance of $0.00 for your order. Make sure you select CHECK as your form of payment or the order will not go through. You will receive an e-mail notice when the license name and password you provided are activated."

This applies to me and I completed the "newer registration". When I submitted the registration request I was presented with a web page which barked at me about an invalid pay pal account. I am hoping that this does not affect my registration since I used the "Check" pay option for $0.00.

Rankled - 11-12-2011 at 02:01 PM

When I attempt to register my license for xfer to my new EJ box I choose check as the payment option and then "Submit secure order". The registration is just not working for me.:(

I am getting the message shown below.

"Error Detected"
"Error Message"
"The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount."

Audiosoft - 11-13-2011 at 01:41 AM

ok Rankled you are all set. i found your order from 2004 and have credited your new email/password license account

Start EJukebox click Tools->About->Register Now
Enter your account email and password
Click ‘Use License’ next to your license.

Rankled - 11-13-2011 at 04:44 AM

I appreciate your help.

This new PC with more memory, running Win7 and IE9, eJukebox seems so much more enjoyable. It was good before, but my FrankenPC was such a piece of junk.

Thanks again.:D

peleus - 1-26-2013 at 04:41 PM

Thanks. How much system memory is recommended to be using this at the optimum level?