Board Logo

database on network?
privatejz - 10-27-2007 at 03:53 PM

is it possible to have EJ read the database from a networked drive?
I have all my tunes on a server that the end machine reads which works fine but if i want to install ej on a different computer i have to either copy the database over and keep it updated when i change one or the other. i would like the ability if i change one the other updates automatically.

anybody else doing this?

thanks

jz.

now that i think about it some more.. it would be nice to have a 'browse to existing database' option.

snow02 - 1-10-2008 at 09:59 AM

I noticed no one responded to this. I have just done this without issue. I installed program on new computer, moved the license, and then pointed eJukebox to a network drive on the original computer without issue.

privatejz - 1-11-2008 at 02:34 AM

may i ask how you pointed ej to the networked database?

thanks.

snow02 - 1-18-2008 at 02:00 PM

I selected rebuild database, pick location, and then browsed to the shared folder on the network. Alternately you could map the shared drive to your computer and point ej there.

privatejz - 6-15-2008 at 03:06 PM

i was referring to the actual database (ejuke.asn) not just the files. right now i point each computer to the networked folder with all the music but have to build the database on each one which takes a long time. i would like the ability to use one database on multiple computers that way if i update the database on one computer when i go to the other computer it will already be updated.