Board Logo

Couple of questions....
darin - 6-15-2003 at 07:16 AM

I just downloaded ejukebox and have a few questions:

1). Where are the instructions?

2). Does it support FLAC and Replaygain?

3). Is .tif files supported for CD cover art?

Thanks,
-Darin

Pirk - 6-15-2003 at 09:58 AM

Welcome darin,

1) The instructions are here, in the forums! Since ejukebox is always on development, the Audiosoft guys don't have enough time to write them...

2) I don't know what are FLAC and Replaygain.

3) I don't think so. Files supported are gif, jpeg and bmp.

darin - 6-15-2003 at 06:42 PM

Hmmm....where? I don't see any or any pinned topics.

Thanks,
-Darin

Blaze - 6-17-2003 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by darin
Hmmm....where? I don't see any or any pinned topics.

Thanks,
-Darin

Without being the smartest man in the world I would say the program is pretty self-explaining. Just play around with it and IŽm sure you figure it out within 10 minuttes.
If there is something that puzzles you, just ask, and weŽll help you if we can:)

stsirois - 6-18-2003 at 05:31 AM

I wouldn't say that it is totally self-explanatory as there are a lot of not-so-obvious features crammed into this awesome program. For example, I didn't know that the box in the upper right was a search box until I asked a question about it on this forum. Also, as a hint, right-click everywhere! You'll find a lot of useful shortcuts this way.

Monkey Audio files work on eJukebox, but I don't think FLAC or Replaygain are supported. Does Winamp play those types of files? If so, they might work in eJ. Give it a shot & let us know.

Steve

BTW, Blaze, cool avatar!

Blaze - 6-19-2003 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stsirois
I wouldn't say that it is totally self-explanatory as there are a lot of not-so-obvious features crammed into this awesome program. For example, I didn't know that the box in the upper right was a search box until I asked a question about it on this forum. Also, as a hint, right-click everywhere! You'll find a lot of useful shortcuts this way.

True that, but like I said, if you play around with it you quickly discover a lot of what it can do. But maybe your right, there should be some sort of quick guide to the most basic features.
Quote:

Monkey Audio files work on eJukebox, but I don't think FLAC or Replaygain are supported. Does Winamp play those types of files? If so, they might work in eJ. Give it a shot & let us know.

Here's a link for a FLAC plug-in for winamp.
CouldnŽt see why Replaygain shouldnŽt work
Quote:

Steve

BTW, Blaze, cool avatar!

Audiosoft - 6-19-2003 at 10:44 PM

eJukebox supports every file format that can be played in Winamp. That said, you must play files that are not (.MP3, .WMA, .APE, .OGG, or .MPC) in Winamp while eJukebox is running inorder for them to be added to eJukebox.

Feel free to suggest any new File Extensions (.???), besides the ones list above, that you think should be added during the automated database building.