Board Logo

Ripping two cd's at a time?
drewster98 - 4-28-2007 at 05:41 PM

Can you rip two cd's at a time with this program? I just hooked up another cd rom and I want to speed up the process of adding my cd collection to my jukebox.

Pirk - 4-28-2007 at 06:01 PM

Well I don't know.. but I think it would just need it was possible to launch two instances of the cd ripper at a time. So maybe Audiosoft will allow this in the next version!

drewster98 - 4-28-2007 at 06:16 PM

It seems like it should be easy to implement. The ripper program recognizes both drives but when you try to rip another cd while one is going already it cancels the first rip. It would be awesome to get this in the new version!

Audiosoft - 4-29-2007 at 01:22 AM

Alowing multiple intances of the ripper from the same ejukebox.exe would require allot of the code to be rewritten. It would be easy if the ripper was one window but there are elements linked to the main window such as the ripper options and the actual rip to mp3 process which is hard coded for one ripper instance.

If you want to "Rip 2 CD drives at the same time" all you need to do is is make a copy of ejukebox.exe in C:Program fileseJukebox then run ejukebox.exe and the copy.exe at the same time. then ejukebox will load up 2 instances but will use the same database. so just run the ripper from each instance and it should work for both drives at the same time. when you are done close both ejukebox instances at the same time because after you close the first one the second will not function properly until ejukebox is restarted.

Pirk - 4-29-2007 at 10:44 AM

Ah.. OK Audiosoft. I thought that would be easy because in the past I've already made that with some external rippers.. but I forgot that our ripper is inlayed in eJukebox!

mchawk - 4-29-2007 at 01:31 PM

The Freeware Audiograbber
allow to use multiple instances.

I do not recommend to rip more than one CD at a time - it may cause interferences in the audiofiles.

Think of one rule for ripping: Time is Quality!
The less the CD-Drive uses error-correction the better.
The slower a CD-Drive rips a CD the less Read-Errors.

More tips/tricks on the audiograbber-site and the local forum.

BTW: Don't forget LAME for encoding!

Pirk - 4-29-2007 at 02:31 PM

On the other hand, traditional CDs tend to become virtuals.. I think we are close to a mutation, whether we like it or not!