Board Logo

Album covers ?
Montana - 9-28-2006 at 09:35 PM

At the moment I am in the middle of trying to put my entire music collection on and some on the singles I have I can't find images on the net through Amazon.

So, my question is, where to get covers from? Any and all suggestions would be fantastic.

Andy

Audiosoft - 9-28-2006 at 09:37 PM

if it is not on amazon I would try allmusic.com

Fishy - 9-29-2006 at 03:23 AM

Although allmusic is a good source for information etc., their pages have grown terrible. I would use good old google.

Or, specifically the image search engine in google. I actually think you will find more covers in there than you'll ever find on any site. At least google image search is my best friend if I can't find images from ej lookup (amazon). Simply because it searches amazon and several other sites at the same time. Just copy the url from google (copy url) into the ej editor (ctrl +v) and push set4all. Personally I think it would be wonderful if ejukebox could transparently lookup images from google image search, locate the biggest albumimage and import it directly. From my experience there are bigger chances of a match from google on artist, albumname, than from Amazon. . It locates just about everything, just look after quite large images so they will look good when you scale them in ejukebox :)

Pirk - 9-29-2006 at 10:35 AM

I also proceed exactly like you Fishy, for my album covers searchs.. And I agree, if eJukebox could take the biggest image automatically, that would be fantastic! However I fear that eJukebox would have some difficulties to select the right cover amongst a lot of intruders..