Board Logo

Windows VISTA...
Pirk - 6-12-2006 at 09:07 PM

Hello guys! I'm running Windows Vista! :P

I'll try to run eJukebox on Vista.. I don't know what that will do!? :D

Pirk - 6-12-2006 at 09:17 PM

The eJukebox installer run on Vista beta2! (I've used the windows xp compatibility mode).
I just get a little error message at the end.

Pirk - 6-12-2006 at 09:25 PM

..But eJukebox seems to run!! :) I'm building the database..

Audiosoft - 6-12-2006 at 11:27 PM

That installer error message also appears when you install on Win2K...it doesn't mean anything.

Pirk, does eJukebox work for you after building the database on Vista beta?

Pirk - 6-13-2006 at 08:55 AM

YES Audiosoft, eJukebox works perfectly on Windows Vista!
Sorry for the delay before my reply but I experienced a problem with my internet provider..

Vista works pretty good too! :) Aero looks GREAT.. :o and windows is improved.. well, metamorphosed everywhere!! :cool:

PS: I think eJukebox will need a "newlook" default skin for vista.. Maybe a red one? ;)

Audiosoft - 6-13-2006 at 10:08 AM

:D

jhlurie - 6-13-2006 at 03:35 PM

How much RAM and how huge a processor are you using with Vista?

Pirk - 6-13-2006 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Message original : jhlurie
How much RAM and how huge a processor are you using with Vista?

1024Mo, P4 3GHz

However I must say that Vista is a bit slow compared with XP, but I think this is because it's only a beta version (Beta 2), not optimised yet..
Aero use the graphic card directly, so you also need a recent one with 128Mo at least.

Otherwise no problem on install, and after! But it's advised to put Vista beta on a isolated hard drive without any important datas: That can crash your HD at any moment..
But until now all is free for the Microsoft registred users: The security center told me that I don't have a antivirus installed.. no problem, there is a link to get one for free specially for the beta testers! With 1 year of daily free updates included!! :)
What wants the people! :D

Pirk - 6-13-2006 at 10:22 PM

Quote:
Message original : Pirk
However I must say that Vista is a bit slow...

Well, I've just installed the ATI drivers for Vista (beta version here again..) and now my Vista configuration is as much fast than XP, the transparency extra! :)