Board Logo

Music Download sites
highburychix - 4-11-2006 at 11:01 PM

I'm new to all this download music stuff - Have managed to get all (apart from 2) of 300 CD's on EJ but want to start downloading - can anybody recommend a good (pref. UK based) site to download music from that will let me put files into EJ and then burn CD's - Everywhere i look confuses me ! - I need something simple !!

CiXel - 4-11-2006 at 11:58 PM

Try out http://www.emusic.com/ You can download your files as regular MP3s and do what you want with them from there.

Well_Jaggy - 4-13-2006 at 02:56 PM

Woolworths are also doing downloads for 59p per track, 5.99 for albums

rlailey - 4-15-2006 at 07:23 PM

Unfortunately, Woolworths sell in copyright protected Microsoft WMA format and eMusic forces you to register your details with them before you can even view their site so I lost interest.

The UK is still a little behind the rest of the world in buying music on-line (unless you solely have an AAC format iPod or ATRAC3 format Sony device) so I suggest you buy the CD from Woolworths and copy it in MP3 format unprotected and at a healthy bit-rate with eJukebox.

inslag - 5-24-2006 at 02:20 PM

This is a great site.

www.allofmp3.com

rlailey - 5-29-2006 at 11:21 AM

The section in Help 'About Audio Compression' on the above named site (allofmp3.com) is really worth reading - very interesting. I might actually be tempted to use this site to get the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album!