Board Logo

Some help with Girder/EJ
jojo - 6-10-2005 at 06:38 PM

I've looked and can't find a way to map something to girder to use on my remotes. I'm wondering if someone else might have a way to do this.

I usually let EJ play random 4-5 stars during the day, and 3 star at night. I'd lik to be able to map to my remote butons 3 stars, 3-4 and 4-5. Does anyone have ideas? or a girder file that can help me out with this. I seem to have a basic idea of Girder and have it working great with both the X-10 (ATI) remote and the Streamzap on the same system....

This would be especially great in my case since the media server doesn't currenlty have a monitor, keyboard, or mouse on it. I do all access from my laptop via remote desktop and is wonderfull for the space on my desk;)

rlailey - 6-10-2005 at 09:14 PM

This requires a bit of skill to achieve. You have to create a batch file or vb script to swap-out the ejukebox.ini file in C:Program Filesejukebox with another one every time you want to change the star rating. in eJukebox.ini, modify the following lines:

[Star]
atleast=60
atmost=100

The above will cause eJ to play all songs with at least 3 stars (your nighttime setting). This batch file will have to relaunch eJ for the new settings to take effect. For other settings, such as Play, etc. you can map key-strokes (Ctrl-P = Play, etc.) using the Girder application or create another vbscript using ActiveAmp (search Winamp.com for this).

jojo - 6-10-2005 at 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rlailey
This requires a bit of skill to achieve. You have to create a batch file or vb script to swap-out the ejukebox.ini file in C:Program Filesejukebox with another one every time you want to change the star rating. in eJukebox.ini, modify the following lines:

[Star]
atleast=60
atmost=100

The above will cause eJ to play all songs with at least 3 stars (your nighttime setting). This batch file will have to relaunch eJ for the new settings to take effect. For other settings, such as Play, etc. you can map key-strokes (Ctrl-P = Play, etc.) using the Girder application or create another vbscript using ActiveAmp (search Winamp.com for this).

So, I take it there isn't much of a beter way to do i then? Hmmm, I was hoping it was just something I'd not found yet.