Board Logo

EJukebox v5.31
Audiosoft - 6-25-2010 at 08:18 AM

Full and Upgrade installers are now available for v5.31 at http://audiosoft.net/download.htm
For smallest download do Tools->Check for New Version in EJukebox

What's new v5.31 September 5th, 2010
-Improved WMA and Mp4 read/write tag support
-Fixed Shelf3D width was incorrect after resizing EDV button clicked
-Fixed Scheduler was not showing ListBuilder Profiles created during the same session
-Various Tweaks

v5.30 August 24th, 2010
-new EJukebox Task Scheduler on the Tools button menu
-made A5 Vinyl the first time default skin and replaced A5 Silver in installers
-fixed 2 column NetRelated video results were not aligning correctly under some layout configurations.
-various tweaks

What's new v5.28 August 4th, 2010
-fixed now playing right click previous and next was not working when album popup was showing
-added LevelPrevNext=1 option to colors.ini to make all of the play control images align with the Top
[LargePlayControls]
Top=5
LevelPrevNext=1

v5.275 July 31st, 2010
-adds TCMP compilation read support when adding files to the EJ database for MP3 tags and write support from the EJ song editor's compilation checkbox.
-added editor support for writing "MusicBrainz Album Type" = compilation on MP3
-added editor write support for releasetype = compilation on FLAC

v5.27 July 30th, 2010
-improved bad startup crash detection when media codec caused the crash. now detects crash caused by codec after ej loaded so that next startup will switch startup media file so it does not crash on startup. before it only fixed itself on the next startup after crashing during startup
-added support for reading "MusicBrainz Album Type" = compilation on MP3
-added read support for releasetype = compilation on FLAC

v5.26 July 29th, 2010
-fixes mp3 id3 tags with duplicate frames on writing
-now reads/writes .flac compilation flag
-now writes MP4 embedded cover image when dropped on the editor or use image from
-fixed Find lyrics button in the song editor.

v5.25 July 22nd, 2010
-made auto cover lookups, star rating change and pick count of currently playing song get written to the tag after the file is no longer playing so that temp .xxxxx files are not created
-fixed quicktime netrelated streaming no longer working in previous versions because of server change
-makes netrelated results always search Hd on the first 1/2 of the first page. before it only did then using Quicktime for NetRelated playback.
-song editor's bit rate, sample rate and track duration is now calculated for all audio files not only mp3

v5.24 July 21st, 2010
-improved tag read/write support
-now reads cover art embedded in .m4a and .mp4 audio files
-now reads/writes mp4 m4a Compilation flag
-added PCNT pick count id3 tag read support - also read/writes alternative version of this tag. when ej version doesn't exist it will use PCNT
-now accepts Front.jpg in song's file folder for cover art
-right click over non-fullscreen video now brings up now playing right click menu
-playlist files now listed on Playlist MENU button under Load Playlist
-fixed playlist loading progress bar was floating above the playlist bar when loading playlists into bookmark mode
-previous load playlist now stops loading when playlist cleared or new playlist starts loading
-Tag Editor save on the currently playing song temporarily unloads the playback so the tag writing can update the file right away

v5.23 July 14th, 2010
-Fixes crashing when moving the mouse over the video area
-Exiting Fullscreen Flash HD video on click is now more responsive
-Shelf3D now restores itself after crash

v5.22 July 11th, 2010
-Song Announce option on Sound tab now functional on Windows 7
-added netrelated flash video HD 1080p stream playback support
-fixed netrelated flash video were sometimes not starting until play/pause button clicked
-new netrelated flash stream Full Screen Quality options on the viz button menu while playing flash stream
~allows you to save cpu/bandwidth by streaming HD only when fullscreen - when not full Default Quality HQ 480 or Medium 360 recommended
-viz button now also highlighted when using Quicktime for stream playback
-sounds events now enabled by first time default
-bug fixes

What's new v5.19 June 25th, 2010
-netrelated flash video playback now supports HD 720p streams
-new netrelated flash stream quality options on the viz button menu
-much improved keyboard and remote controller control
-fixed database import locking up on invalid pick count tag
-many additional bug fixes

Pirk - 7-11-2010 at 06:53 PM

the song announce is now working good on win7, but i don't use this feature because the voice speaks in English only: unfortunately it cannot be bilingual, English and French for instance..

Thanks.

Audiosoft - 7-12-2010 at 02:17 AM

Pirk,

Haven't quite figured out how to get the voices to appear in the select box in ej options like on XP
but the Voice should be tied to the same voice selected in the Windows 7 control panel. Type Speech in the control panel search to find it.
Only one voice Microsoft Ann i think was showing on my win 7 control panel. I don't know..does French Windows 7 come with a French voice?

Pirk - 7-12-2010 at 06:20 PM

The only voice i have on my win7 French install is an English voice! (Microsoft Anna), but it seems there is a trick to add French voices installing Microsoft Reader: http://www.zebulon.fr/astuces/200-synthese-vocale-windows-en-francais.html

However even if, using the trick, i could install a French voice, that will still not be ideal for me. because in ejukebox i play French AND English songs at the same time: How ejukebox could select the right language depending on the French or English titles? I fear it's impossible, or at least not easy i suppose!?

Thanks.

Audiosoft - 7-12-2010 at 06:57 PM

well if i can figure out how to get the voice name selection working in EJ it might be possible
then EJ could detect french characters or words and switch between the 2 voices automatically

Pirk - 7-12-2010 at 07:20 PM

Woah really Audiosoft? if you can make ejukebox use 2 voices/languages automatically, that will be genial! :cool:

Audiosoft - 7-22-2010 at 08:23 AM

v5.25 is up

CiXel - 7-22-2010 at 10:52 AM

Quote:

-made auto cover lookups, star rating change and pick count of currently playing song get written to the tag after the file is no longer playing so that temp .xxxxx files are not created

Ah, that's a good idea. The time calculation for other file types will be helpful as well.

CiXel - 7-27-2010 at 11:53 AM

While trying to set new compilation flags vis EJ, I noticed that EJ seems to be mangling tags that it rewrites...
See the below example using dBPoweramp to read the tag (though the same things happens in other editors like Mp3tag.)
EJ can read its new tags fine, but no other program can. Additionally, I have a loss of meta data such as all my replay gain settings and MusicBrainz info. I've only tried on MP3s so far. I haven't broken into my FLACs yet.

In any case, this is not good.
I can send you and example file if that's helpful
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7282/ejtagbreak.png

Audiosoft - 7-27-2010 at 08:34 PM

odd the id3 tag writer working good here.
What version of id3 is the before in?
Can you post the before mp3?

CiXel - 7-27-2010 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
What version of id3 is the before in?
Can you post the before mp3?

Good idea with the version. These were v2.3
ID3v2.3 (UTF16) & ID3v1.1

Sample is attached

Audiosoft - 7-28-2010 at 04:36 AM

Thanks CiXel for the sample file and for reporting this.

There must be a duplicate frame somewhere in that sample.mp3.
With the attached exe it now automatically fixes duplicate frames on writing instead of choking. I tested with the sample and the main fields now show correct after EJ writing to the tag with the song editor.
Please test this exe and let me know how the extra fields come out

CiXel - 7-28-2010 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
There must be a duplicate frame somewhere in that sample.mp3.
With the attached exe it now automatically fixes duplicate frames on writing instead of choking. I tested with the sample and the main fields now show correct after EJ writing to the tag with the song editor.
Please test this exe and let me know how the extra fields come out

Yes!
This seems to work properly now. I've marked a bunch of MP3 files as compilations and they seem to have been written successfully. Thanks for the quick fix. Now to fix the other tags ;)

Side note. After this was 'fixed' I tested writing tags to FLAC files to make sure this wasn't affecting them by. They seem to work OK as well presently. There were 2 things I noticed.

1) ASNCOMP does not seem to get written back to the FLAC files when the COMP flag was updated.

2) If you change a title in the song editor and hit the forward button to save, the change DOES get written to the FLAC file but does not seem to update in the DB, so if you then hit backwards it shows the old value.

This is not an issue with MP3 files which reflect the change when you return to the edit song entry.

Audiosoft - 7-28-2010 at 02:37 PM

CiXel,

i have updated the installers to v5.26 to incorporate this.
You should probably download the upgrade from audiosoft.net/download.htm because i made a change to id3 cover writer after you got the exe attachment.
well i am going to get some rest now as i was up all night working on the fix. glad it did the trick. will test flac when i wake up.

CiXel - 7-28-2010 at 02:44 PM

I appreciate your effort here. Messed up tags are no fun.
G'night

Audiosoft - 7-29-2010 at 01:07 AM

This one adds Flac read/write on Compilation tag

CiXel - 7-29-2010 at 02:05 AM

So for MP3 files the flag flipped is 'asncomp' from 0 to 1
'Compilation' is never changed

for Flac 'asncomp' is never written and 'Compilation' is modified 0 to 1

Which are we using? (I'd prefer 'Compilation') Whichever, it should be consistent.

Back to tagging
Flac compilation flag writing is a mixed bag.
Untagging from Compilation 'yes' to 'no' works 100% of the time
Trying to retag back to 'yes' doesn't always seem to take on the file, but the DB does get updated.

I created the following sample file from a file that was exhibiting this. Hopefully it still has the issue.

Audiosoft - 7-29-2010 at 02:54 AM

mp3 should be writing to both TCMP compilation as well as asncomp.
It reads TCMP from id3 and if it doesn't exist or is 0 it reads asncomp if it exists.

Flac and MP4 read/write their standard Compilation.

Keep in mind if the Artist starts with "Various" it always gets read as a compilation.

Audiosoft - 7-29-2010 at 04:10 AM

Just updated official v5.26's audiosoft.net/download.htm links with a new exe. tested the flac sample and checking and unchecking compilation in the editor appears to work in the tag. this now also writes MP4 embedded cover image when dropped on the editor or use image from. also updated the tag notes on the features page on audiosoft.net to be current with this.

CiXel - 7-29-2010 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Just updated official v5.26's audiosoft.net/download.htm links with a new exe. tested the flac sample and checking and unchecking compilation in the editor appears to work in the tag.

This is still not quite happy. In fact, I noticed Rechecking 'Compilation' for Mp3's is also not getting written 100% of the time. (I couldn't find an older version to test against to see if this is new behavior or not)

I PM'ed you a video of what I'm seeing along with some sample files.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Audiosoft - 7-29-2010 at 08:43 PM

Thanks for the video CiXel.
I put quotes around the compilation 1 and 0 in the code; maybe there was a type casting problem. Also when it doesn't update on the entire album you will need to click > in the editor to save. Flac seems to work perfect now. Mp3 still not adding Compilation right...working on it.

Audiosoft - 7-30-2010 at 05:27 AM

OK first the bad news.
Turns out read/write mp3 id3 TCMP compilation flag does not work because TCMP is not part of the id3 standard. i could make EJ detect it but to do so i would be forced to make EJ always read from the mp3 tag twice in 2 different ways. same for writing to the TCMP. i really don't want to do this as it will make db setup and the song editor slower.

Good news is the v5.27 now on audiosoft.net/download.htm supports reading the "MusicBrainz Album Type" TXXX tag. When "MusicBrainz Album Type" = compilation EJ will set compilation in the database on import. if not it will look for EJ's asncomp tag.

Cixel can you tell me what "MusicBrainz Album Type" says when it is not a compilation? Once i figure that out i will add write support from the editor for that tag.

Also for FLAC i noticed in your samples that
releasetype = compilation just like "MusicBrainz Album Type" on mp3.
So i made it check for that first before compilation = 1 or 0
i am just unsure of what the value should be when releasetype not "compilation". once i know i will add write support for releasetype on flac and musicbrainz on mp3.

CiXel - 7-30-2010 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Good news is the v5.26 now on audiosoft.net/download.htm supports reading the "MusicBrainz Album Type" TXXX tag. When "MusicBrainz Album Type" = "compilation" EJ will set compilation in the database on import. if not it will look for EJ's asncomp tag.

Can anyone tell me what "MusicBrainz Album Type" says when it is not a compilation? Once i figure that out i will add write support from the editor for that tag.

OK... First the Bad News
On MP3's this field is called 'MusicBrainz Album Type'
on FLAC's this field is called 'releasetype'
(Might still be the same TXXX frame but I'm not sure)
Joy.

That said
The options for Release Type are:
I don't know
Album
Single
EP
Compilation
Soundtrack
Spokenword
Interview
Audiobook
Live
Remix
Other

Side note:
I hate the fact that the itunes comp flag is non-standard and in such widespread use. I can fully understand not writing it for MP3's as part of normal use. You may want to consider adding a persistent checkbox (that starts unchecked) in the update/scan window 'check for iTunes compilation flag (much slower)'. This would allow those users with existing tags in place to gain the benefits of reading them and having EJ automatically pick them up.

Audiosoft - 7-30-2010 at 08:06 AM

ok so we wont write musicbrainz or releasetype

CiXel - 7-30-2010 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
for mp3 musicbrainz album type will change to album when you uncheck only when tag says compilation

same for releasetype on flac

Sure, that'll work.

Audiosoft - 7-30-2010 at 08:16 AM

changed my mind...
because the anscomp = 0 already being 0 would change MusicBrainz to album. better to only write to asncomp on mp3 and compilation on flac

this reads flac releasetype for compilation first and if not then compilation = 1 or 0

mp3 it is reading musicbrainz album type for compilation and if not then asncomp = 1 or 0

CiXel - 7-30-2010 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
no don't think it will...changed my mind
best to only write to compilation = 1 or 0 on flac but will read releasetype for compilation first and if not then compilation = 1 or 0

for mp3 it is just reading musicbrainz album type for compilation and if not then asncomp = 1 or 0

Yeah, I prefer that as then EJ won't mess with anyone's meticulously groomed tags =P Reading is super helpful though as it hopefully means the checkbox won't ever have to be messed with and when it is it's a simple bit flip.

For MP3's does it make sense to 'standardize' and write to Compilation = 1/0 as well?

Audiosoft - 7-30-2010 at 08:34 AM

RE: mp3 Compilation = 1/0 as well?
You know what i tried that. but dbpoweramp's tag editor still showed a 1 because TCMP compilation was 1

CiXel - 7-30-2010 at 08:36 AM

MP3 tags are back to 'breaking' with the above exe.
Does not happen with the 5.26 'upgrade' posted at download.

Compilation 'on' tagging is exhibiting the same behavior as in video with above exe.

CiXel - 7-30-2010 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
RE: mp3 Compilation = 1/0 as well?
You know what i tried that. but dbpoweramp's tag editor still showed a 1 because TCMP compilation was 1

Ah good point... it does use TCMP even though it just shows Comp=1

That probably explains my confusion earlier when it looked like EJ 'wasn't updating' that tag.

Just stick with asncomp for writing to mp3's. It's been well loved over the years. And if someone REALLY want to set a TCMP tag for those, it could be done using DBpoweramp's utility codec (or mp3tag). It won't matter to most people what's done in the background as long as they see it show up properly in EJ upon import, so it's more important to have the extra read parameters that you've set up anyway.

CiXel - 7-30-2010 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
I wish i could get that very first sample you posted in this thread so test it again myself.

Wish Granted

(The original sample was just a small version of the problem file I sent you.)

CiXel - 7-30-2010 at 08:59 AM

Above .exe AOK as far as writing 'normal' mp3 tags

Audiosoft - 7-30-2010 at 09:05 AM

ok Cixel thanks. was not totally fixed in that last one as it didn't clean up the double frames.
i am going to upload v5.27 final to the download links in 10 minutes or so that will totally fix it...tested with your sample mp3 file.

Audiosoft - 7-30-2010 at 09:26 AM

v5.27 is up

Audiosoft - 7-31-2010 at 05:25 AM

Ran a few tests and TCMP always took less than 15 ms per read. usually it did it in less than 1ms. so it doesn't really slow database setup/add new files down much if at all really since it is only reading the tag from the top of the file.

The following exe adds TCMP compilation read/write supported for MP3 tags.
EJ checks for mediabrainz album type = compilation and if not it checks for asncomp = 1 and if not then it reads TCMP.
EJ now writes TCMP along with asncomp from the compilation checkbox in the editor.

EJ also writes musicbrainz album type to album if musicbrainz is compilation when you uncheck compilation in the song editor. and writes musicbrainz compilation if it reads album when you check compilation in the editor. EJ does this also for FLAC releasetype.

CiXel - 7-31-2010 at 12:55 PM

I blanked out my DB and started over with a few select compilation heavy paths. Happy to say it's the cleanest they've ever imported.

Additionally, those two problem sets of MP3 and FLAC are now writing back to the files with no issue. TCMP is correctly stripped and written to MP3's and the MB compilation is flipping under both formats.

I'll play some more later, but from my initial tests it seems like this is a solid release.

Audiosoft - 7-31-2010 at 09:02 PM

Happy to hear that CiXel thanks for testing!
v5.275 is now on the download.htm full and upgrade links.

Audiosoft - 8-4-2010 at 08:58 PM

v5.28 is UP

Dragon_slayer - 8-6-2010 at 11:00 AM

Hi Audiosoft, I just installed the latest build, & I’m having a problem with the 'now playing' area. The album art is being displayed at the very top, & there is no artist name, song name, etc being displayed. I was just wondering if this is a new option or a bug. If it’s a new option, then how do I enable the display artist, song & album names?

Also the albums in the albumscroll area are not split by the artist names, I think I asked about this before but I can’t remember how to change this option. They are grouped by artist, but the name of the artist is not being displayed.

I have also had the problem with my tags being wiped when I add album art, or do any adjustments in eJukebox.

Audiosoft - 8-6-2010 at 11:21 PM

Dragon_slayer,

I don't know how the now playing names would not show. Which skin are you using with v5.28?

also its on the Options button on the album list header bar. Check "Do not Separate Albums by Artist"

Dragon_slayer - 8-7-2010 at 12:50 AM

It’s alright; I’ve got it working now. When I was having the problem, I tried reinstalling ejukebox & it didn’t help, so I restarted my computer & reinstalled it & everything was back to normal. Bit mythed as to what was wrong with it.

Tags aren’t being wiped with this latest build, awesome, that will save me a lot of time! :)

Audiosoft - 8-24-2010 at 07:12 PM

v5.30 is up

CiXel - 8-24-2010 at 07:17 PM

Download page says 5.28 downloads 5.30. Update from EJ doesn't pick up the change yet. I'm sure you're on it. Just passing it along.

Audiosoft - 8-24-2010 at 07:21 PM

you are quick was just getting to that

CiXel - 8-24-2010 at 07:32 PM

I love the idea of a scheduler, I've wanted to autoupdate my DB for a long time.

One thing I've found. If you set up the action: Scan for new songs in folder and goto browse [...] The Dialog is looking for a file not a folder so you can't select a grouping of folders. Typing it in manually or fixing the path once a file selected seems to work as intended.

Audiosoft - 8-24-2010 at 07:42 PM

ok everything is set to v5.30 now
and i updated the downloads to make that browse for folder instead of file when you select the Scan for new files Action. and fixed changes to the check boxes on the schedule list were not being saved to the Schedule.ini

FYI The Schedule's Path text input supports
C: etc for audio/video files and playlist files
as well as
Stream:tubeid
http://
mms://

Audiosoft - 9-7-2010 at 01:46 AM

v5.31 is up