Board Logo

eJukebox 4.99.82 BETA
Audiosoft - 3-29-2009 at 09:55 AM

What's new in .82? May 2nd, 2009
-improved hd stream/pre-buffer stability
-loading/saving playlist files with streams now work correctly
-added ability to click the songtitle on the now playing panel
-fixed songlist so duplicate titles are never hidden when they have different artist names
-changed shelf3d max framerate from 60 to 99
-made shelf3d advanced options panel take up 2 rows less in height
-fixed loading shelf3d images possibly could have thrown Runtime error 481 nvalid Picture
-fixed so non-widescreen edv with artistlist so it shows NetRelated results in 2 columns instead of 3
*updated exe 8:20pm ET May 2nd, 2009
-fixed non-square high-resolution shelf3d images were showing as low resolution in earlier .82 build
*updated exe 4:38pm ET May 3nd, 2009
-fixed right click songlist play icon song/video preview was conflicting with playing hd stream

Do Not run this file until you replace it over your existing eJukeboxejukebox.exe
You can download 4.99.82's BETA ejukebox.exe HERE

-new options on Auto List Builder: 'Include Media Types' with checkboxes for Audio Files, Video Files and Internet Streams. These allow you to restrict Autoplay to only audio files or only video files and prevent internet streams. List builder now allows you to generate an custom Album List of only videos or streams.
-fixes Newest Songs so it no longer sh
-fixes hd streams and prebuffer sometimes getting crisscrossed when winamp enabled.
ows all streams first in the songlist and carousel/shelf2d
-tubes and pre-buffer now work correctly when winamp enabled and not
-now pre-buffers upnext streams between winamp tracks and internal player tracks so they no longer need to be back to back.

-now pre-buffers the up next stream
- fixed missing image icons were eventually showing on tube streams. stream images are now automatically restored

-now starts quicktime stream playback more reliably and a little faster
-now stops buffering previous tube when now playing changes to a non stream
-NetRelated now load a little faster
-fixed playing new tubes so it does not overwrite tubes with edited artist name.
-fixed various quicktime hd tube player issues

-improved tube initialization
-added .m4v video extension now picked up during import and drop on playlist
-fixed .mp4 videos were only playing audio - internal player now shows video when video detected on play instead of only when it is a known video file extension
-.mp4 now always played by internal player instead of winamp when use internal player for videos checked. can use .m4a extention instead of .mp4 to force ejukebox to play .mp4 audio files in winamp
-will now keep stream links in your database (even after rebuild) if you open editor and rename the artist to an actual artist name... otherwise your recent stream will eventually be overwritten when you play new ones.
-the pickcount and rating fields are now properly reset when recent tubes are overwritten with new ones

-tubes now streamed in highest available bitrate. now supports HQ, HD, 720p and 1080p streams
-got rid of the titlebar icon on the top left corner of the going fullscreen video window
-double clicking file path box in editor on tubes now loads the tube page in the songlist area
-fixed NetRelated results were sometimes off by one in the list causing it to show up with the wrong title
-NetRelated now lists HD videos first
-now lists a maximum of 50 tubes at a time under the songlist
-homeview song count no longer includes the recent tubes

-added NetRelated ON/OFF toggle to the bottom of the songlist - OFF does not show the tube results under the songlist and also disables the display of the recently played related tubes inside the artist/album's songlist
-NetRelated now works with genre/year
-fixed up next NEXT text was sometimes showing even when songs were in playlist

-fixed next song tube was not starting when winamp had last song
-fixed ej was crashing when you added tubes really fast from under the songlist to the playlist
-tubes now always show thumbnails in playlist instead of 0:00
-tube flash quality now set to high
-fixed playlist repositioning was not always working in recent betas

-winamp now stopped instead of paused when internal video starts playing - prevents winamp from unpausing when videos are played back to back
-made tubes stay fullscreen if you have them one after another in the playlist -now reuses tube player instead of respawning it
-going video fullscreen maximize effect no longer occurs again if already fullscreen while video files played back to back
-made tube results use tube thumbnail images instead of showing full sized images as thumbnails - saves bandwidth and thumbnail dl time
-made non-edv show tube results in 2 columns instead of 3 so text is visible
-fixed so tube thumbnail images under the songlist do not get clipped at the bottom
-tubes now show buffer progressbar
-can now add the following to eJukebox.ini to ignore old low resolution lookup image data stored in mp3s during database setup so that eJukebox will look them up again when you play them.
if you have red x missing image icons it is probably related to old lookups. you can put this in your ejukebox.ini and rebuild your database. the newer high resolution lookup images will still get restored.
[DBImport]
IgnoreOldLookupImages=1

-tube playtime/duration/timebar should work for everyone
-eJukebox now uses a multithreaded wait method which means the interface should perform better and seem locked up less often
-fixed EJ playback was sometimes stopping at end of tube
---------
-'add new files' now safe to use after playing tubes
-tubes should start playing faster
-now has 7 seconds to load a tube before ej automatically goes to next song when offline
-now prevents duplicate tubes from being added to the temp part of the database
---------
-fixes artist list spacers artifact problem for IE8 compatibility
-show songs album in the songlist on now playing change now occurs 100ms after the np panel updates rather than 1 second.
-a bunch of other stuff
-plus something new that you all may really enjoy...i hope all you beta testers do because there is no way to turn it off in this BETA. make sure eJukebox can connect to the net and look under the songlist for a BIG surprise...have fun and let me know what you think! :D

Do Not run this file until you replace it over your existing eJukeboxejukebox.exe
You can download 4.99.82's BETA ejukebox.exe HERE

VWBUG - 3-29-2009 at 04:04 PM

If it's the graphic equaliser that is supposed to appear as per the image on the homepage, it doesn't for me.

I have also had an issue since beta 57 which may be related. most of my album covers vanished to be replkaced by the missing image red cross. Is this something to do with EJ not connecting to the net? I have tried look up for missing covers but this doesn't work either. the only way is to do each one individually through edit track and then look up cover.

As i run EJ on a 50" screen at high resolution I also have problems reading the option menus as the text overlaps so I am unsure whether there is an option that should be checked or not.

Audiosoft - 3-29-2009 at 09:19 PM

VWBUG, That is not it...
answer to your 1st question: to get the graphics equalizer you need to click the button to the right of << || >> to start Transviz. Transviz will only work if your sound driver mixer has enabled record settings. 2nd part...to test if eJukebox can access the net click SEARCH then Google button on vkeyboard. BTW what screen resolution are you running on the 50"? 1280x720?

Pirk - 3-29-2009 at 09:33 PM

Audiosoft, Thanks a lot for this beta, but I can't see anything new under the songlist?! I can use google in ej but nothing more.. What should we see under the songlist?

PS: The image spacers are still visible in the artistlist with IE8 installed!

Audiosoft - 3-29-2009 at 09:46 PM

re: spacers - did you refresh the artist list once with .60 BETA?

on the new feature if you can see google.com from vkeyboard then you should something at the bottom of the songlist. click an artist name anywhere and scroll to the bottom of the songlist and keep scrolling if you can. anyone see the new feature?

Pirk - 3-29-2009 at 09:59 PM

Yes, I refresh the artist list many times with .60 BETA.. otherwise still nothing at the bottom of my songlist!
So in fact there is nothing new that I noticed with this beta compared with the .58.

PS: The "span" option is very useful in the artistlist: I'm making a new version.. :)

Audiosoft - 3-29-2009 at 10:00 PM

says 4.99.60 BETA on the splash screen?
for spacers make sure there is a blank.gif in your skin.

Pirk - 3-29-2009 at 10:11 PM

Perfect Audiosoft! I've added a blank.gif in my skin and now all is looking good. Thanks a lot for this tip..
Otherwise, yes I can see "Version 4.99.60 BETA" on the splash screen.

Audiosoft - 3-29-2009 at 10:19 PM

ok good on spacers. sorry new feature is not showing up for you yet. i think everyone will like if i can figure out whats up. works great here on xp. hope not vista related. i'll figure it out. anyone see the new feature at the bottom of the songlist for an artist yet?

Pirk - 3-29-2009 at 10:23 PM

Here is what looking my skin currently.. I'm quite satisfied! :D

Audiosoft - 3-29-2009 at 10:24 PM

looking good Pirk! once this new feature works for you there will be something new to skin :D
then again it already looks pretty good in your skin...the skin's title and titlehi are its default but will soon allow different ones for it in songlist.dis.
look closely...

Pirk - 3-29-2009 at 10:37 PM

Ah ahh.. great if there is something new to skin! ;) I'm longing to see this new mysterious feature in my skin.. Thanks.

Pirk - 3-29-2009 at 10:43 PM

WoOow Audiosoft!! your new feature is looking Amazing in your skin.. :D Bravo! :cool:

Audiosoft - 3-29-2009 at 11:29 PM

ok v4.99.61 is up! let me know if the new feature works for you :D

Pirk - 3-30-2009 at 12:03 AM

Well Audiosoft.. still no video tunbails for me with your .61 :(
The songlist link "Music videos" works good. I can see youtube videos in the songlist area.. but not the "auto-skinned" version unfortunately.

Audiosoft - 3-30-2009 at 12:09 AM

hmm...so still nothing at the bottom of an artist's songlist

Pirk - 3-30-2009 at 12:21 AM

no.. still nothing more than before. I tried different artist names, but nothing never appeared at the bottom of the artist's songlist!

Audiosoft - 3-30-2009 at 12:29 AM

v4.99.63 is up! Please let me know if it shows up now at the bottom of the songlist.

Pirk - 3-30-2009 at 08:54 AM

.63 is not better for me, nothing shows up at the bottom of my songlist. No way to get the video links!

Fishy - 3-30-2009 at 02:12 PM

Same problem applies for me

Audiosoft - 3-30-2009 at 07:14 PM

Thanks for testing these out...
v4.99.64 is up and should do the trick this time! Please let me know either way.

Pirk - 3-30-2009 at 07:39 PM

Audiosoft, You Win! :D
This time I get the video links in my songlist and I can watch the videos in ej. Perfect, great idea!

Feature request: Could you display the youtube star ratings beside the video tunbails, like on the youtube site?

Thanks a lot.

Ulle - 3-30-2009 at 07:52 PM

Works allmost for me now, running Vista- pretty amazing.
But somehow it crashes when I press any of them.
I also had some trouble before when closing EJ, it sometimes stop working.

Fishy - 3-30-2009 at 07:57 PM

Very, very nice feature. Have been wanting something like this without even knowing it :)

Are the songs from youtube kept away from the database, or are they added in some way? Certainly hope for the first one, since we do not want empty youtube covers to clutter the albumlist :b

I see a small graphical artefact in the now playing panel when I play youtube videos. The tiny progress indicator does not move either when playing normally or forward/rewinding.

Fishy - 3-30-2009 at 07:58 PM

A few things noticed: Sometimes the videos plays downmost in the now playing panel under the playlist and not in the dedicated space in the now playing panel.

Also, the video moves along with the interface when you more ejukebox horisontally, but when ejukebox is moved verically the video stays in one location while ejukebox goes in the other direction. These might also apply for non- youtube videos. Furthermore, videos also tend to cover the volume slider. Kidney diseases :)

Thank you audiosoft you are about to make firefox redundant regarding youtube. Besides this is a fun and a lot more intelligent way to explore music videos than searching by hand in a browser. True innovation :)

Ulle - 3-30-2009 at 08:13 PM

Just a little update. I am able to play sometimes, but it seems unstable on my computer.

Fishy - 3-30-2009 at 08:16 PM

Ulle, some instability could occur (i.e. videos do not want to play) due to a lack of various codecs.

Audiosoft - 3-30-2009 at 08:29 PM

v4.99.66 is up in the first post and should fix the .64 crashes...as long as you don't add videos to playlist really really fast.

VWBug,
RE: eJukebox not re-downloading ej covers after rebuilding
v4.99.66 should also fix that problem because ej now uses a more vista reliable method to download the images.

RE: Are the songs from tube kept away from the database.
Yes they are kept in a separate section of the database. Also they all currently have that same artist name and they will not show in albumlist unless you show albums with 1 song on albumlist options panel. Also what you see under the songlist is not put in the database at all. only what you click to add to the playlist or play is temporarily. the way it works right now is when you restart ejukebox it overwrites an old tube each time you click under the songlist.

Fishy,
RE:I see a small graphical artefact in the now playing panel when I play tube videos. The tiny progress indicator does not move either when playing normally or forward/rewinding.
can i get a screenshot of that? does the time show when you are playing one? the time and bar should move. your current specs? win ie and flash version please

Audiosoft - 4-1-2009 at 04:43 AM

.67 is up! videos should start playing correctly and have working ej play controls.

Pirk - 4-1-2009 at 09:25 AM

With ej .67 play controls seem to work good, excepted the time display and slider! I hope that will be for a next update.
Thanks.

Audiosoft - 4-3-2009 at 12:16 AM

hmmm...curious...time and bar working perfect here. So for you it does not move at all for the new videos? does it show how much -time is left when you click the time display? does the pause button work?

Pirk - 4-3-2009 at 10:40 AM

Ah really? You are saying that time and bar should work with videos? Great! but for me when I play a video stream the time counter never change. It always stays stuck on 00:00 or -1:40 if I click on it. Why "-1:40" with all videos? I don't know..
The bar always stays "at home" (100% black). I can pull the slider manually but it returns to zero as soon I release it with no effect on the video.
The play/pause button works.
I don't have these problems with the videos stored on my PC.

PS: I don't know if it's intentional or not, but when I click on a video link at the bottom of the songlist, the video is not added to the playlist but it is played immediately. Why the videos links would not be added to the playlist?

PS #2: Since video links are displayed at the bottom of the songlist, each time that I add a new album to eJukebox its cover image in the songlist is not displayed Square but Rectangle! (like if it was a video stream?) And the album name under the image is not displayed at all. What's the matter? :o

PS #3: When I add an album to the playlist the "Next" button shows up (until I click on it..) in spite of the fact that there are several songs in the playlist! Is it another experimental feature?? :D

Audiosoft - 4-3-2009 at 07:31 PM

Thanks Pirk, i will try to get this fixed up this weeked. the reason those are showing rectangle is ej thinks your new songs added are tubes because the new record id number it got in the db must be in the tube range. sorry about that the id # should be way before. take a look in the db file if you want to see whats going wrong with that. check your u2u for tube play time test

Pirk - 4-3-2009 at 07:50 PM

Thanks Audiosoft! Ok for the wrong id. Maybe I'll have a look in the DB.. a long time I have not ferreted in it! ;)

Audiosoft - 4-3-2009 at 08:28 PM

Pirk, tubes are id #'s 1,000,001 and up. Your 'add songs' must have mistakenly been given ids in that range...so please put off adding new song files using the tube enabled betas until this bug has been corrected.

Pirk - 4-3-2009 at 08:45 PM

Ok Audiosoft, I will use a previous "non-tube" version to add more songs to eJ. Otherwise I not managed to open the db yet. Currently I only have the Open Office suite installed on my PC.. and it seems that "Base" is not able to load my small database file! :)

Audiosoft - 4-3-2009 at 10:30 PM

Pirk, now that i think about it previous versions will have the same problem when you add new songs if a tube is in the database. good news is v4.99.68 is up in the first post and will make add new songs work correctly after playing a tube. Should also fix the tube playtime...let me know if it does for you.

Pirk - 4-4-2009 at 10:36 AM

Audiosoft, thanks for this .68. I'm trying it with some tubes but the playtime still not works, 0:00 or -1:40; and the bar doesn't move.

Pirk - 4-4-2009 at 08:03 PM

Well since I just crashed my db for the second time in the same day... I would advise you to don't update your database with this ejukebox beta version! A chance that the files import is now quite fast.
I think I crashed my db trying to force ej to add a song that has not been imported during the scanning: You slide the missing song from its folder to the ej playlist, then eJ looks embarrassed.. (displaying a progression bar on the playlist top). So you ending to close it.. Then when you restart eJ your missing has been added, BUT now that will be your UNIQUE song! (the db.m3u file is empty..)

PS: Nice Skin, isn't it?

Audiosoft - 4-4-2009 at 08:45 PM

sorry for .68 beta...not adding new to db...gets stuck in a loop when you drop a new file on the playlist...will be fixed in .69

Pirk - 4-4-2009 at 08:59 PM

Glad if you can fix it. That's the most important.. that was the goal of my report.

Audiosoft - 4-6-2009 at 06:02 AM

.69 is up

Pirk - 4-6-2009 at 11:46 AM

-tube playtime/duration/timebar should work for everyone:
the playtime/duration/timebar are still not working unfortunately. with this version the playtime displayed is 0:00 or -1.00, but I noticed a interesting thing, already noticed with the previous eJ tube versions, but it's extremely furtive: It seems that sometimes I can see the real playtime and the timebar in blue during a fraction of second! that's so brief that I've not the time to see what is really displayed.. it's like some flashs! It seems the playtime shows up briefly just when the streaming is interrupted (buffer empty). I hope that can help. Thanks.

Audiosoft - 4-6-2009 at 11:54 AM

Thanks Pirk, Beta .70 is up. Let me know if tube time works for you now...also 'Add New' is OK for you now?

Pirk - 4-6-2009 at 12:20 PM

tube time still not working: 0:00 or -1:00.
'add new' works perfectly good now! Thanks.

PS: I also noticed that all the tubes that I watch are cut before the end! They play good during maybe 1 minute or 2, but eJ skips to the next song before the end.. unless all the tubes that I pick are incomplete?!

Audiosoft - 4-6-2009 at 12:23 PM

OK Pirk i updated the exe again go ahead and re-download .70 and see if tube time works again.
also check and see if when you right click songlist title and edit the title - see if it updates in songlist as you type title in editor like it used to? i suspect it does not for you on ie8 and hopefully tube time does now. let me know. i may have to update a couple places to make ie8 work 100%.

Pirk - 4-6-2009 at 12:46 PM

well I've found a tube that is playing perfectly good I mean until the end with no interruption.. but still no joy concerning the playtime/bar! 0:00 or -1:00

the songlist song title edition works perfectly good with ie8. as soon as I edit a song in the editor the songlist is updated immediately. no problem with that.

Pirk - 4-6-2009 at 01:12 PM

yes when I click on a video in the songlist ej is waiting 2 seconds then buffering the video during 4 or 5 seconds before it stars to play/display the tube. some tubes are not interrupted, but with many others I need to wait the buffer loads again, playing 3 seconds.. waiting 3 seconds.. Note that if the youtube links was more from France maybe they would load better.. Atlantic pipes are long!
no idea why it is not displaying the time.. maybe it's because of Vista?

Audiosoft - 4-6-2009 at 01:24 PM

Thanks Pirk .71 is up...time or time remaining working now?

Pirk - 4-6-2009 at 01:35 PM

on more kick in the water I fear.. still locked on 0:00 or -1:00
I just hope that not only occurs on my PC!

Audiosoft - 4-6-2009 at 01:36 PM

.71 v2 is up. if still does not work let me know if remaining time is still -1:00? click time a couple times while playing a tube and see if it changes to some other -

Pirk - 4-6-2009 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Pirk is remaining time still -1:00? click time a couple times while playing a tube and see if it changes to some other -

.71 v2 is up this has to do it

no I cannot manage to display more than 0:00 or -1:00 while tube is playing. But when I drag the slider, playtime is changing (max time is always 1:00!) and the video forwards (or rewards) but as soon I release the slider playtime returns to 0:00 or -1:00 even if the tube continue..

I'm downloading .71 v2

Pirk - 4-6-2009 at 02:21 PM

something new with .71 v2: with some tubes (NOT all the tubes!) It seems that I can see the remaining time while the tube is buffering providing I click on the playtime: -2:57 for instance but it's totally static even when the tube is playing. as soon as I click on the playtime I get again only 0:00 and -1:00

PS: A little screenshot "for the road"...

Audiosoft - 4-8-2009 at 07:40 PM

Thanks Pirk. .72 is up please let me know if time works now

Pirk - 4-8-2009 at 07:54 PM

Bravo Audiosoft! The playtime now works perfectly good. :cool:
Thanks a lot.

Audiosoft - 4-8-2009 at 08:04 PM

:D

Pirk - 4-8-2009 at 08:20 PM

Playing music tubes in eJukebox is really a great idea. I think that gives a new dimension to eJ.. eJukebox is alive!

Pirk - 4-8-2009 at 08:38 PM

I use Winamp to play music, and the internal player for videos. I noticed that when I want to play a new tube as soon as a previous one ends, sometimes Winamp doesn't "pause", so there are 2 sources of music playing at the same time.. In this case I need to pause Winamp manually.
That would be great if we can "add to playlist" tubes directly from the songlist bottom links like any other songs. But I'm sure you have already planned all that.. ;)

PS: well I guess you can't add to the playlist tube links which are not in the database yet..
So, when a tube has been played from the songlist bottom links, maybe you could make so that winamp doesn't restart to play immediately after a tube ends. Maybe you could add a delay of 5 seconds? That would let us the time to pick another tube..

Pirk - 4-8-2009 at 09:24 PM

Audiosoft, maybe you could add a index (or a playtime bar using a different color) showing the buffering progression?! :o

Audiosoft - 4-8-2009 at 11:24 PM

RE: would be great if we can "add to playlist" tubes directly from the songlist bottom links like any other songs. But I'm sure you have already planned all that.. ;)

Pirk. click the tube title under the songlist to add it to the playlist. click the thumbnail to play right away. if you are talking about drag and drop from under the songlist then yeah that will come

RE: Buffering state
Does it not show that its buffering in the tube video? or do you mean before it first starts playing?

Pirk - 4-9-2009 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
if you are talking about drag and drop from under the songlist then yeah that will come

yeah I'm talking about add to playlist the tubes from under the songlist.

Quote:
RE: Buffering state
Does it not show that its buffering in the tube video? or do you mean before it first starts playing?

You are right Audiosoft, there is a buffering animation in the video, but it doesn't show any information on the part that is already in the buffer. You know I mean a bar or maybe a index like the playtime/buffer bar you have on the youtube original site. That would be interesting to have a similar buffer bar in eJukebox. Because sometimes when the buffer is loading slowly, the best way is to pause the video then play it again only when the buffer is fast enough.. If we don't know how long is the video in the buffer, often it stars to play, but it stops 3 seconds layer then play again 3 seconds.. Interrupted Music is very unpleasant! I prefer to wait it buffered enough before starting to play these "less available" tubes.

Audiosoft - 4-9-2009 at 10:08 PM

Pirk, you can already add tubes under the songlist to the playlist by clicking the text for the tube instead of the thumbnail.... looking into buffer. curious how long does it take yours from clicking a tube thumbnail under the songlist until you see the buffering notice on the video?

Pirk - 4-10-2009 at 01:05 PM

Audiosoft, today effectively.. I must admit I can add the videos under the songlist to the playlist clicking on the text!!
You'll not believe me but for me it's the first time this feature works.. I've just restarted my PC, maybe I tried too much betas these last days? I'm glad it works good now! :D Since which beta that is supposed to work?

Buffer: the buffering notice is almost immediate, but it's not because you see this buffering notice in the video that you know if the buffer is loading fast enough... With that you just wait a moment before the tube starts to play: Great, the tube is now playing! Ouch.. too bad, it stops 3 seconds later! and so on... Luckily some tubes are buffering good, but which ones will??
Response: When it exists a buffer length indicator (x % or better, a halftone time bar for the whole video) like on the youtube original web site, you are not surprised by these interruptions. Even you can bring under control the poor streaming by playing it again from the beginning while the buffer (materialized by the halftone time bar) is loading a bit more.. still better than hashed music and video! but this is only possible if it exists a buffer time bar.

I hope my explanations will be useful. Thanks.

Audiosoft - 4-10-2009 at 07:44 PM

add tubes to the playlist by clicking their text under has worked since you could see results under songlist. only thing is ej will crash and disappear if you click to add another tube text while the first one is still being added. have been trying to get that corrected. I'll see what I can do about buffering.

Pirk - 4-10-2009 at 08:30 PM

well ok if you say that add tube to playlist by clicking on text already worked from result under the songlist.. I'm glad that now works for me too. I just still don't understand why it was not working for me before today. That's a bit crazy but it doesn't matter..

Glad if you can improve video buffering. Do you eventually consider to add a buffering bar to the eJukebox player?

Thanks a lot for your innovating work on tubes inside eJukebox.

Audiosoft - 4-10-2009 at 11:57 PM

.73 is up now with buffer progressbar!

Pirk - 4-11-2009 at 11:02 AM

Wow! This morning with .73 it seems now all is working good! :cool:

progress bar: Ahh.. of course, you reused the mp3 progress bar that was now never used.. Nice shot! :D It works good.
low quality: It seems you chose to switch to low quality by default. How can we return to high quality by default? because when the streaming is bad, it doesn't stream better in low quality..
streaming: This morning the streaming works perfectly good! I hope that will continue..

Thank you very much.

Pirk - 4-11-2009 at 01:08 PM

Audiosoft, a small bug: when you use winamp player for mp3s but internal player for videos. if you are playing a mp3 and you add to playlist a tube. then when the mp3 ends the tube in the playlist doesn't go to now playing. ej player just stops and the forward button doesn't works. The only way is to click on the video title in the playlist.

Otherwise since .73 streaming is working a lot better. I don't know how you managed to improve it but, Well done!

Thanks again.

Audiosoft - 4-11-2009 at 08:01 PM

Thanks for testing Pirk! Does the new buffer bar help? BTW I do notice that problem where its not starting the tube from the playlist at the end of current song in winamp...will try to get that fixed for the next update.

Pirk - 4-11-2009 at 09:54 PM

Yes of course the buffer bar help a lot! it's still useful to know how the streaming is loading, especially when it is loading too slow..
I hope you'll also give us a way to start videos in HIGH quality. Because I don't think low quality helps more with slow streaming. Thanks.

Audiosoft - 4-12-2009 at 12:29 AM

LOW might not help with the streaming but it seems to give more FPS for video and uses allot less CPU. HIGH smooths over the video image but in the process it seems to loose about 1/2 the frames. Will have to add an option somewhere.

Pirk - 4-12-2009 at 11:00 AM

Ah? 1/2 frames are lost in high quality?! Maybe they are not lost on all systems? Sure that a user option for that will be welcome. Low, Medium or High.

CiXel - 4-12-2009 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirk
Sure that a user option for that will be welcome. Low, Medium or High.

Well, there are only 2 options straight from YT, Standard or High quality.

CiXel - 4-12-2009 at 01:42 PM

Hmmm... ok so I just installed 73. When I add a YT to the playlist and the currently playing song finishes (via winamp) the YT does not enter into the player (Set to use internal for video). What happens is the last playing song starts over. EJ has removed the 'next' song from winamp so that much is getting though

Also the up-next YT time shows 0:00. That makes sense (without parsing the video for the time), but is that the way it's supposed to display

Pirk - 4-12-2009 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Message original : CiXel
Quote:
Sure that a user option for that will be welcome. Low, Medium or High.

Well, there are only 2 options straight from YT, Standard or High quality.

Well, on my YT 3 options are usable: Low, Medium or High. But I will not make a whole cheese if only 2 are enabled in eJ.

Pirk - 4-12-2009 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Hmmm... ok so I just installed 73. When I add a YT to the playlist and the currently playing song finishes (via winamp) the YT does not enter into the player (Set to use internal for video). What happens is the last playing song starts over. EJ has removed the 'next' song from winamp so that much is getting though

You are outstripped on this.. Audiosoft has already said he will try to fix it. :P
Quote:
Also the up-next YT time shows 0:00. That makes sense (without parsing the video for the time), but is that the way it's supposed to display

Good remark! Personally eJ shows tube icons instead of time.. so I not noticed this problem yet.

CiXel - 4-12-2009 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
You are outstripped on this.. Audiosoft has already said he will try to fix it. :P

Doh. Thanks Pirk. I thought I read through and it looked liked you were getting along ok ;)

Quote:

Good remark! Personally eJ shows tube icons instead of time.. so I not noticed this problem yet.

Yeah, it would be fine for me to just show an 'icon' for any YT video when 'time' is selected. It would be difficult to parse the times until the files are called and you don't want to be calling a ton of files multiple times from a single ip.

Pirk - 4-12-2009 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it would be fine for me to just show an 'icon' for any YT video when 'time' is selected. It would be difficult to parse the times until the files are called and you don't want to be calling a ton of files multiple times from a single ip.

I guess that Audiosoft will choose to show icons for tubes even when 'time' is selected. :)

Audiosoft - 4-14-2009 at 12:39 AM

.74 is up!

Pirk - 4-14-2009 at 08:47 AM

Audiosoft, .74 is working good.

There is just a curious thing since the latest betas: sometimes the "Next" button show up when it should not since there are still songs in the playlist. It not disappears immediately when you add song to the playlist, unless you click on it. And it also show up when you resize the nowplaying/playlist pannels or when you browse the playlist..

Thanks a lot for all these improvements.

Audiosoft - 4-14-2009 at 06:44 PM

Thanks Pirk .75 is up and fixes that!

Pirk - 4-15-2009 at 09:19 AM

The NetRelated ON/OFF option is welcome.
I would also like the tubes are not added to the Homeview stats "songs in database". Or maybe using a new stat.
Thank You Audiosoft.

Audiosoft - 4-16-2009 at 09:41 PM

Pirk, .77 is up it now shows the correct count on the home view!

With 4.99.75 tube stream quality was:
Resolution: 320 x 240
Bitrate: 200 kbps
Audio: 22KHz 64 kbps Mono
Video: Flash

With 4.99.76 stream quality is now:*
Resolution: 480 x 360 <-when HQ available. If not it is 320x240. All include better sound and bit rates than with .75:
Bitrate: 512 kbps
Audio : 44.1KHz 128 kbps Stereo
Video: h.264

and when there is a real HD version available:
Resolution: 1280 x 720
Bitrate: ~2000 kbps
Audio 44.1KHz 232kbps Stereo

*needs Quicktime installed for it to show best quality on all tubes. If not installed ej will revert to the low quality flash player.

Pirk - 4-17-2009 at 06:31 PM

Ah great Audiosoft, .77! I've just installed .76.. So eJ will now offer the HD! I just fear it will be difficult for me to receive in HD?! But I'll try..
Thanks for the homeview correct count.

Audiosoft - 4-17-2009 at 06:48 PM

the buffer should be better now that its not flash. but the bitrate is higher so might have to wait a little longer. especially if its 720p. if it is a problem i could add an option to use the previous low bitrate flash player.

NOTE: With .77 if you still can see low-medium-hi quality when you right click the playing tube video area: then you are not getting the full quality video/stereo audio because quicktime is not installed. if you like download and install quicktime and restart ej

Pirk - 4-17-2009 at 07:31 PM

Okay Audiosoft, I'm running .77. it tried to stream the first tubes in HD. no right click menu, so I suppose it's quicktime player? but until now the buffer has never loaded enough.. so I never seen a tube in (supposed) HD yet.. Moreover after my first tries it now loads all the tubes with the old flash player, even those in HD 720p. I need to test more..

Audiosoft - 4-17-2009 at 07:45 PM

ok well in .77 if it ever shows in the old flash player it will not attempt to use quicktime again until you restart ej. hopefully can get this worked out in next version on Monday. seems like some tubes are not loading in new player but most do. search for 720p in ej search box and see if any will play. might need to uncheck prevent playback stoppage.

Pirk - 4-17-2009 at 08:10 PM

right Audiosoft, when I restart eJukebox it try to load again with quicktime..
New problem: I'm trying successively different tubes labeled as HD.. but when they start to stream, eJ -well quicktime in fact- continue to buffer a previous tube. I cannot remove this tube from the now playing pannel. The now playing anim skips to the next tube with its "cover" image, but when it starts to play again it's still the previous tube! unless I restart eJ..

Otherwise I managed to load a trailer in HD 720p! Very nice.. :cool:

Audiosoft - 4-18-2009 at 11:58 PM

Pirk, I fixed most issues you can re-download .77 is new exe.

anyone that gives it a try...let me know if it works good for you now or not

CiXel,
.77 should have fixed .76 problem so the internal player no longer crash when quicktime is not installed. if no hd quicktime installed it uses flash for tubes. Even if you don't have quicktime or flash installed it should not crash on tube play...it just won't be able to actually play them so can hit >> button

CiXel - 4-19-2009 at 11:56 AM

So if you don't have flash and java installed, EJ crashes out when you try to play a tube ;) (I keep my computer pretty light weight) Is there someway to handle this exception more gracefully?

CiXel - 4-19-2009 at 10:29 PM

Sure thing. I realize it's quite an edge case, just making sure someone that doesn't know better doesn't run into the same thing.

Audiosoft - 4-19-2009 at 10:46 PM

Thanks for bringing this up CiXel. The carousel already prompts to automatically download/install flash without ej needing to restart...shelf3d is supposed to do the same but for some reason it is not doing it...maybe should make carousel the default again for first time users. what do you guys think? or will work on getting shelf3d to do it right if it remains default

CiXel - 4-20-2009 at 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
CiXel well the carosel automatically installs flash player when not installed yet...maybe should make that the default again or get shelf3d to install it.

Ok, so I lied. I do have flash installed, but under IE is was only reporting version 6 (FF was reporting 10.x). Consequently the carousel was working but Shelf3d would not. After bringing IE up to version 10.x both work and I don't seem to have the 'ungraceful' symptoms anymore. Perhaps it would be good to do a version check beyond just a flash check.

On a side note, Having just played with the carousel, I think you should add a display option to 'reverse rotation' so left goes left and right goes right. It would feel more natural to some people.

Audiosoft - 4-20-2009 at 05:51 AM

RE: 'reverse rotation' so left goes left and right goes right
I just tried it that way. Reverse does not work good like you would think. basically the albums would then move away from your mouse instead of toward making it very difficult to click the cover you want

CiXel - 4-20-2009 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
RE: 'reverse rotation' so left goes left and right goes right
I just tried it that way. Reverse does not work good like you would think. basically the albums would then move away from your mouse instead of toward making it very difficult to click the cover you want

Interesting. I was thinking of using a touchscreen, so I was trying to get the effect of flicking your finger to rotate ( I see your point with a mouse though. Actually on the touch screen it's difficult to use since each 'press' (single click) on the carousel launches an album. Perhaps later down the line if 'touchscreen' is enabled it would be better if a double-click selected in the carousel?

In either case I'll see how YT reacts with 'quicktime-alternative' installed either tonight or tomorrow.

Audiosoft - 4-20-2009 at 05:21 PM

CiXel, unfortunately quicktime "alternative" will not work for the hd tube streams...real quicktime needs to be installed for those to work. "alternative" can only be used by ej internal player for local file playback.

CiXel - 4-20-2009 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
CiXel, quicktime "alternative" will not work for the hd tube streams...real quicktime needs to be installed for that to work. "alternative" can only be used by ffdshow for local file playback in ej

Ahh, good to know. Thank you for saving me some hair pulling ;)

Fishy - 4-21-2009 at 04:44 PM

With the latest beta I experience problems with HD tubes which tend to pause themselves regularly without any user action.

I have quicktime installed and an updated version of flash. Windows Vista.

Audiosoft - 4-21-2009 at 05:17 PM

RE: I experience problems with HD tubes which tend to pause themselves regularly without any user action.

Fishy, could it be it pauses because it is waiting for it to buffer enough? also keep in mind the true 720p HD streams need much more cpu than the lower quality ones...so to get them to play smooth you might need to check/close in taskmanager other exe's that are using allot of cpu/disk.

CiXel - 4-21-2009 at 05:54 PM

Is there anyway to pre-buffer YT's when they are 'up next' so when it's time to play they are good to go?

Fishy - 4-21-2009 at 10:19 PM

Audiosoft, that could be. I will try tomorrow with some when I am more patient :)

Cixel suggestion would have been fantastic, if it is possible to buffer up the next stream while playing the current one in parallel.

Audiosoft - 4-23-2009 at 08:01 AM

RE: Cixel suggestion would have been fantastic, if it is possible to buffer up the next stream while playing the current one in parallel.

impossible has turned possible!
v4.99.80 is up...now with pre-buffering! :D

CiXel - 4-23-2009 at 11:14 AM

Great work with the pre-buffering. That will make for a better user experience.

Let me be that guy for a moment...
I can't get this going :/
I installed full on real quicktime and I can get the video to 'load' into the video window, winamp stops, and the video just sits there. There's a little blue bar on the lower right (underneath auto-play) that looks about 1/8 'full'. Is there so other test I can run to make sure I have things going properly? Seems strange...

Audiosoft - 4-24-2009 at 05:44 AM

ok .81 is up! streams should work much much better now....fixed problems with streams when winamp enabled. also now pre-buffers upnext between winamp tracks (and internal player tracks) so streams no longer need to be back to back for them to pre-buffer.

the streams begin pre-buffering 5 seconds after they are up next. also the very first stream you play in the ejukebox session cannot be pre-buffered.

Fishy - 4-24-2009 at 04:43 PM

I still have this problem with random pausing. This does not happen with HD-video in e.g. firefox, where they buffer pretty fast and play flawlessly from youtube.

In the beta, HD-videos needs about 2 minutes with buffering. When it has completed buffering (according to the progressbar), it does not start up playing directly. One has to manually press the play button. The Ejukebox beta also pauses the video randomly even after buffering has been completed.

Am I the only one who have these issues with HD-videos?

For some reason these problems mainly occur when I go fullscreen.

Pirk - 4-24-2009 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Message original : Fishy
Am I the only one who have these issues with HD-videos?

Sorry Fishy, not really tested HD tubes yet. I must complete other things, immediately! Not sure I can load HD streams efficiently..

Thank you guys for taking the torch! :D

Audiosoft - 4-29-2009 at 06:09 AM

.81 exe refreshed...
-new options on Auto List Builder: 'Include Media Types' with check boxes for Audio Files, Video Files and Internet Streams. These allow you to restrict Autoplay to only audio files or only video files and prevent or only internet streams. List builder now allows you to generate an custom Album List of only videos or streams.

Pirk - 4-29-2009 at 09:03 AM

Audiosoft, Could you also add a option or something preventing that the last played tubes show up first in "newest songs" when they should not? Because when I add new mp3 albums it's always the last tubes which are in the spotlights in the caroussel and the songlist, even if they are more old then my new albums..
In fact I think you would "just" need to mix and to sort out the two sources accurately in "newest songs".

Thanks.

Audiosoft - 4-29-2009 at 09:25 PM

Pirk, new .81 exe is up. -fixes Newest Songs so it no longer shows all streams first in the songlist and carousel/shelf.

Pirk - 4-30-2009 at 09:09 AM

Thanks Audiosoft.

Audiosoft - 5-2-2009 at 05:33 AM

4.99.82 is up!

Pirk - 5-2-2009 at 10:36 AM

Thanks Audiosoft. I like much your new option box for the shelf3D, Nice blue! Well done. :cool: