Board Logo

eJukebox 4.53
Audiosoft - 3-26-2007 at 06:27 AM

v4.53 Update
-fixed winamp sync error on eJukebox startup under Vista

v4.52 Updates

-eJukebox now Displays Songlistings Faster
-fixed it so internal player works with Windows Media Player 6.4 or later installed
instead of needing WMP 11 like with v4.5
-display no longer flickers when play album icon in the albumlist clicked and when rapidly clicking song names in the songlist to add songs to the playlist
-fixed scroll sliders so they disappear when right side of eJukebox hidden
-added CLICK HERE link to open internet explorer options panel when incompatible IE7 setting detected.
-internal player video is now displayed over the playlist when video is played

Please Shutdown eJukebox and Click Here to Upgrade to 4.53 and let me know what you think

Pirk - 3-26-2007 at 11:40 AM

Thanks for these new improvements Audiosoft. The songlist displays faster, that's a good thing!

rllercstr7 - 3-26-2007 at 05:48 PM

Thanks Audiosoft! Looks good

In the last update thread I asked "Also I sent you an e-mail about 2-3 weeks ago I believe. Have you received it? Thanks" and never got a response.

Audiosoft - 3-26-2007 at 05:59 PM

rllercstr7,

Thats a good idea for keyboard control but unfortunately the only way to use the songlist and album list with keyboard is by using <- and ->.

Can you map keys on remote to focus the different sections?

Keyboard Shortcuts:

1 Focus Playlist
2 Focus Song List/Homepage
F6 Focus Album List

When you start with F6 you can then use <- -> and enter on the remote to select an album and then use <- -> to use the songlist without having to press 2

rllercstr7 - 3-26-2007 at 06:26 PM

Yeah I have been playing around with it for quite a while and it works ok if I just program the right and left action to the up and down buttons on the remote. I also do have buttons setup to switch the focus between the different windows of eJukebox (song list, artist list, etc). There are just some quirks that prevent it from actually being used, such as when pressing the up and down arrow in the artist list it scrolls through multiple names making it very hard to select the one that you want and also the inability to move the letter slider with the arrows. In the song list there is no way to use the play now function as the highlighted part only goes down the middle column to add it to the que. Thank you for the reply :D

Audiosoft - 3-26-2007 at 06:29 PM

Well the artistlist currently has no keyboard selection support besides jumping to a letter so that would be tough.
To play the song highlighted in the songlist you can use CTRL+Q instead of Enter.

I do like the 'arrows only' idea ... I will see what I can do to get it closer to that.

rllercstr7 - 3-26-2007 at 06:58 PM

Ah, thanks for the tip with ctrl Q, never thought about doing thatwith one of the other keys.

Dragon_slayer - 3-27-2007 at 04:24 PM

Great job Audiosoft, I’m really happy with the changes.

If anyone is a fan of retro music like I am, they’re welcome to copy & use this background image I made up.

rlailey - 3-27-2007 at 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
-internal player video is now displayed over the playlist when video is played

I don't think anybody else has picked-up on this feature - what a cool move! :cool:

Dragon_slayer - 4-3-2007 at 12:03 PM

I agree with rlailey, this is one feature I have been hanging out for. I know its nit picking but it would be great if you could create a video border consistent with your new EJ skin, at the moment it’s a light blue it would be cool if it was a dark blue, grey or black.

The only problem I’ve encountered with the latest build is with your new option to play ejukebox internally & in particular with the Volume Logic plug-in for windows media player. I’ve always used it with winamp & in my opinion it’s essential if you want your mp3s to play at a consistent volume. I would like to play my eJukebox with the windows media player (internal) setting on; however when doing so Volume Logic (I’m trialing the windows media player version) simply doesn’t respond. The problem seems to be that it doesn’t recognize that the media player is in use.

I’ve tested the media player internal option with other plug-ins that I don’t normally use, such as; SRS Audio Sandbox and it works fine.

I would appreciate if you could find a solution to this problem; in the meantime I will have to continue using winamp.

Keep up the great work!

Dyno Don - 4-5-2007 at 07:08 PM

Audiosoft,
I love that you support WMP, and our Video Jukebox works with it, but, the video plays only on the playlist. I use a two monitor in dual veiw setup with eJ on the left and a whole screen video on the right. I can drag the video window over to the video monitor, and expand it so it is full screen, but on the next song change, it goes back across to the eJ window and fits itself in the play list. Can I stop that? I want the video to stay full screen on the second monitor track after track.

It works fine in winamp, stays full screen and everything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don

Audiosoft - 4-5-2007 at 07:17 PM

Dyno Don,

For the next update I will make it so the window stays the same position (does not take it out of fullscreen) when you play videos back to back.

Dyno Don - 4-5-2007 at 07:52 PM

I will wait and quit trying, thanks!

With winamp in our video jukebox, we start eJ, it starts winamp but no video, we click winamp once in the tray and it returns the video window, over in the second monitor. We then double click the video to make it full screen. Options in the video panel in winamp allow you to "not close the window after" and that keeps it full screen and on monitor two. Being able to use WMP directly and not try to get winamp to play all these different formats will be wonderful.

Are you planning on adding a feature that detects videos (or ALL files in a given directory)? Currently we have to add the videos one at a time to the playing winamp window to get eJ to "see it" and add it to the db. We may not be able to add by dragging in WMP. An option to add every file (regardless of extension) when adding new songs would be great!

Thanks!

Audiosoft - 4-5-2007 at 08:01 PM

yes! now that eJukebox can use WMP for video I plan to add the ability to drag videos files directly to the eJukebox playlist to import them for the next update....possibly also adding a checkbox option to the database updater to search for .avi, .mpg, .wmv video files.

Pirk - 4-5-2007 at 08:08 PM

Nice plans Audiosoft!

Audiosoft - 4-5-2007 at 08:14 PM

I wonder...do you think it would be better if the video showed up over the now playing cover? I think I could make it totally hide the video border and titlebar until you mouse over the video so it looks seemless and is the same size as the cover.

Dyno Don - 4-5-2007 at 08:24 PM

An option for either?

I don't run it that way, but I think I would rather see what is next and not the static cover.

And thanks again, Audiosoft, for addressing our concerns!

This will be great... (instead of adding a list of accepted extensions, why not all? Let us decide what to have in the directory eJ searches in). Just my 2 cents

edit: But I guess some folks have info files and such in there too, maybe not the best idea. Let me know if you would like a list of extensions we have here.

Don

Pirk - 4-5-2007 at 08:29 PM

Audiosoft, Personally I agree I think that would be great to show the videos over the now playing cover. Even if I wonder if the square shape is the best for videos? Maybe a rectangle would be possible? But I must confess that I don't use very often eJukebox for video, so maybe Dyno Don will be more perspicacious on that..

Dyno Don - 4-5-2007 at 08:33 PM

I use two large monitors, side by side. The left has a full screen eJ running. The left has full screen music videos playing. There is no video in the eJ side, all the video is on the right.
My video card (nvidia Geforce 6600) has twin outputs. The DVI goes to a standard PC monitor on the left, the Component output goes to the TV on the right. They call it dualveiw. Instead of clone you have two separate screens pannable by the mouse.

Don

Audiosoft - 4-5-2007 at 08:36 PM

OK well I will try to get the video over the cover. So far I have added the video drag and drop support for .mpg, avi and .wmv. Also it now works good so that the window does not resize and does not leave fullscreen when viewing videos back to back.

Dyno Don, I would apreciate that list of extensions you have that actually are playable with the internal WMP player.

Also...when you right click the ejukebox wmp video and set it to fullscreen it goes to the right monitor without a problem for you right?

Pirk - 4-5-2007 at 08:41 PM

Don, your 2 screens configuration seems ideal.. I think I should search for music videos too! ;)

Dyno Don - 4-5-2007 at 08:45 PM

With the right decoders installed in windows, we play:
.MPG (VCD, SVCD, DVD, etc)
.avi
.wmv
.m2v
.mpeg

Hmm, less than I thought. By far mostly mpg with only a few of the last two.

Don

Dyno Don - 4-5-2007 at 08:58 PM

Quote:

Also...when you right click the ejukebox wmp video and set it to fullscreen it goes to the right monitor without a problem for you right?

No, it doesn't. When first started the player window is so small all you can see is the blank title bar. And it is hidden behind eJ. I grab it and resize it up so I can see it and move it to the right. I then right click and make it full screen. When the song ends it snaps back into the playlist window. If I right click that and choose full screen it goes full screen in the left covering everything. The right screen has nothing. It needs not to come back to eJ. I can deal with the first move and resze. We have been doing that for years with winamp. But if it goes away from the big screen we have nothing. I should also add the video is split to three or more monitors in my gameroom so when they go back to wallpaper, you know :) .

Don

Pirk - 4-5-2007 at 09:03 PM

Just a question Dyno Don: Concerning wmp and videos, don't you experience problems with DRM?

wmp even locks some of my mp3s!! :( Luckily Winamp exists.. :)

Dyno Don - 4-5-2007 at 09:12 PM

It would be a problem if our files had that on them.

We create almost all of them ourselves.

Don

Pirk - 4-5-2007 at 09:21 PM

OK.. thanks Dyno Don.

If Audiosoft improves eJukebox for videos, I think I will be tempted by music videos too..

Audiosoft - 4-6-2007 at 07:29 AM

Give this ejukebox.exe a try.

-updates the internal video player video window so that it shows up borderless over the now playing cover
-allows you to drop video files from explorer onto the eJukebox playlist to add them.
-click the video to show the window border and you can move or resize it.
-go full screen by right clicking or double clicking the video when using Vista

it will still say 4.53 on the splash screen but it should have the updated video features

do you like being able to move and resize the window?
or should it only show the video over the now playing cover (when not fullscreen)? let me know what you think

Pirk - 4-6-2007 at 11:43 AM

Thanks Audiosoft.

Well, it doesn't run very good for me concerning videos.. (no video at all!) but probably it's me.. I will try again soon!

Dyno Don - 4-6-2007 at 03:36 PM

Audiosoft,
I had to mess around with the Video Cards Control panel a bit, but I got the video to stay full size on the left screen. Even after song changes. As a bonus I also have a movable resizable window with the video in it too. I can have both or make it so small you can't see it. I do have a few problems tho. The video is squished a bit and some don't play. Both of these are my problems, not the eJ. I will get it right, but wanted to share it is working pretty good. I will update later after I try some more things.

Thanks!

Dragon_slayer - 4-8-2007 at 03:19 PM

Audiosoft, I realizes you are concentrating most of your efforts on the video playback feature and I’m grateful for the progress you’ve made in this area, however, I was just wondering if you had any plans on fixing Volume Logic plug-in incompatibility issue for a future build?

Dragon_slayer - 4-8-2007 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Give this ejukebox.exe a try.

-updates the internal video player video window so that it shows up borderless over the now playing cover

-click the video to show the window border and you can move or resize it.

do you like being able to move and resize the window?
or should it only show the video over the now playing cover (when not fullscreen)? let me know what you think

I just tried this latest update.

I like that it plays videos in the top left corner and it’s great that it play videos borderless since I’m not a big fan of the light blue border. I have one problem with it; when I open a new video folder and the video plays it doesn’t completely cover the now playing cover art. I can see about 1 cm protruding out the bottom & a few mm of it on the right hand side (I’m using 500x500 art work). I can easily fix it by resizing the window but it would be better if when I played videos, it completely covered the album art without fiddling and having to resize it.

Personally I think its good being able to move & resize the window, however if the video window completely covered the now playing cover art and no edges were protruding, I would probably never use this option.

I’ve encountered a problem and that if is I close ejukebox with a music video folder open (& video playing) when I restart the ejukebox I can hear the video but only the folder art is in the now playing window. If I click on another video it makes no difference. The only way I can get it to play videos again is to click on an mp3 (and than) click on a video file and they start to show up again in the now playing window.

mchawk - 4-8-2007 at 05:38 PM

Hello Audiosoft,

the idea to play (music)videos with EJ is really great.

It worked really fine with WMP11 and WinXP.

But I think you've got a lot of work to do until this feature will perfect fit:

1. Let's talk about aspect-ratio:
A cover has a aspect-ratio of 1:1 (= square)
Videos have standard-aspect-ratio of 4:3 or 16:9.

If I want to show the video within the cover-area I either see parts of the covers or I get "Flathead/Conehead-Artist" ;)

I suggest that you disable the display of the cover if a video is shown.
If all my videos are the same a.r. this will be a solution.

I have no idea for videos with different a.r. - As I see it, WMP will not automatically rescale the video.

2. Videotags in the medialibary
This is one "very-nice-to-have"-feature.

If I have the same song as video and audio I cannot differ this in the libary.
Therefore a "Video"-Logo / Sign / Tag / whatever would be really nice.

Speaking of libary and same songs. It should be prevent, that a video .... how should I say .... "damages" an audio-album. If I like to hear an album I don't like to hear songs twice... Got what I mean?

3. And Winamp...?
I like winamp and it's plugins - in the first volume-leveling-tools (Rocksteady & Co.). and the really cool crossfading tool from sqrsoft.
Do you plan or is it possible to use the video-feature the same way with winamp as with wmp?

Greetings an nice holidays....

mchawk

Dyno Don - 4-8-2007 at 09:41 PM

Winamp already works fine for videos. Some codecs aren't the best, but it also has options for aspect ratio. We have been using it for years, but in a second monitor, not in the now playng area.

Don

Audiosoft - 4-10-2007 at 11:08 PM

Thanks for all the good comments

v4.54 has some of the requested improvements and is now available at: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2067