Board Logo

Touch Screen / High Res Skin
Martin - 6-25-2004 at 07:23 AM

Hi Guys,

This is my first post , so I must say .. WOW... what a cool piece of software Ej is..

But in high res 1280x1024 and a touch screen... it's VERY hard to use. may I say IMPOSSIBLE :(

The PLAY window is to small and the "Play/Pause" button etc are to small, and there are way too many options ONSCREEN.

Or do I have just FAT fingers :)

I want to be able to put EJ into Kiosk mode and HAVE anyone use it,

without, too many things on screen and NOT displaying EXIT kiosk mode showing up if a new user hits the wrong thing...

I what to run it as a Jukebox not a PC. BASIC with only a few FLASH features.

The search window is hard to notice at 1280 x 1024 and the screen doesnt fill the outer edges... ( not really FULL SCREEN ).. the LCD screen I have looks great in high res .. but not so great in 800 x 600

HELP....

I also want to remove the HOME and TOOLS menu from the top of the screen,

and also make the Artist Ablum Gene..etc
larger ( for high res. )

... Hmmm .. I think I'm getting carried away here :).. so I will cool it for now..

Oh !! one last thing... where is the Album Cover Pic data stored.. is apart of the MP3 ?

Martin

:(:(

Audiosoft - 6-25-2004 at 01:33 PM

Martin,

How does your touchscreen look at 1024x768?

Under eJukebox's full screen options you can check "Use Extended Data View" which will make it 1024x768 or 1024 x your screen height.

Eventually we will create an eJukebox skin specifically for touchscreen / TV usage (with larger fonts, etc) ...hopefully someone will beat us to it and create and post a skin like this to the Skin Downloads section before us. You can create a skin yourself if you want.

RE: I also want to remove the HOME and TOOLS menu from the top of the screen,

Why do you want to remove HOME? We are thinking about adding a Kiosk mode option to disable the bottom half of the Tools menu.

The eJukebox lookedup images are stored in your eJukebox music database and a reference id for the image is stored in the mp3 file's id3 tag so that eJukebox will not need to lookup the album cover for a song more than once. eJukebox also supports images encoded in ID3v2 tags and when you use the eJukebox song editor and set an cover image via the "Use Image from..." button it will encode the actual image data inside the mp3 file.

Martin - 6-26-2004 at 12:50 AM

> How does your touchscreen look at 1024x768?

Great.... BUT ... FAN_TAST_TIC at 1280 x 1024 :)... but I cant get my fat fingers to hit the PLAY/PAUSE etc...

BY the way the ABCD-Z# down the side of Artist etc... Is that a changeable font and size ??? TOOOOOOooooooo. small as well :)

>Under eJukebox's full screen options you can check "Use Extended Data View" which will make it 1024x768 or 1024 x your screen height.

Yeah... I know... already "checked" .. but alas.. still not full screen on the sides :(

>Eventually we will create an eJukebox skin specifically for touchscreen / TV usage (with larger fonts, etc) ...hopefully someone will beat us to it and create and post a skin like this to the Skin Downloads section before us. You can create a skin yourself if you want.

I'm working on it as we speak (type) :)

>Why do you want to remove HOME? We are thinking about adding a Kiosk mode option to disable the bottom half of the Tools menu.

Because in "KIOSK" mode.... you are trying to stop people from PLAYING to much with the interface and JUST use the system as a JUKEBOX.... KIOSK mode should just be an EXTREME basic mode, and LIMIT the extended features.... Why else would you require it ? I dont want my friends stuffing around with my music library..... or OS for that matter.

TOOLS - I dont want anyone playing with the SKIN's, basic setup,Doing EJ update searches... etc etc... mucking around with the music in the middle of a party, "KIOSK" should be user friendly and "child proof."

KIOSK = A PRE-SET NOT CHANGABLE CONFIGURATION, that anyone can use without training... I have tested the interface with an non-nerd computer person ( the girlfriend ) and found it hard with the touch screen ...!!!

There is no use having all the wonderfull extra features .... e.g. LOOK UP NEW ALBUM COVER's in "KIOSK" mode... and been able to do GOOGLE SEARCHES... etc etc ... way way to much to give ..

Thanks for the INFO on ALbums covers... :)

matthewlking.com - 11-7-2004 at 02:19 AM

Agreed. Big button me.

Many many other software packages have buttons ranging from the size of my hand to jsut right. The play /ff buttons are nuts. I need to hang a stylus off the wall if this keeps up....or wait...use another program.