Board Logo

Vote for Startup Skin
Audiosoft - 2-12-2007 at 09:09 PM

What should new users see when they first run eJukebox?

BTW If you would like your skin to be considered let me know and I will add it to the poll.

Pirk - 2-12-2007 at 09:22 PM

I'm willing you add my skin "eJ Crimson" to the poll and include it with the eJukebox installer if I win the poll!
Well.. I've voted for BlueJ before you add your second sentence! :D

Audiosoft - 2-12-2007 at 09:37 PM

OK eJ Crimson is now in the poll. The only thing is you might have a hard time getting votes with just a screenshot. It would probably help if people could actually try out your skin and see how it really feels.

Pirk - 2-12-2007 at 09:50 PM

Here is a screenshot of my skin for those who don't know it yet..

Vote for eJ Crimson guys! :cool:

Thank you Audiosoft for adding my skin to the pool!

Pirk - 2-12-2007 at 09:56 PM

Of course I will publish my skin if I win the poll.. :D

Audiosoft - 2-12-2007 at 10:12 PM

Hey that is not fair. We need an honest vote not a vote skewed so that you share your skin. Just release it already so I can play around with it and see the effects.

Pirk - 2-12-2007 at 10:28 PM

Don't worry Audiosoft, I will end up to share my skin. But I first need to do the housework in the directory.. because it weigh 52 Mo!

rllercstr7 - 2-12-2007 at 10:39 PM

I will hold my vote until you release Crimson Pirk as I would like to see what it is like also. I see you have redone the playlist header. One other little thing I notice in the screen shots is that the some of the border lines in the now plaing area break up towards the right endge of the window area and there is a red line runing through them. For instance this is the case with the progress bar.

Audiosoft obviously the size of the file download is a small issue, but what if you add all the skins to date to the poll and then include say the top 3 or 4 with the download. When the first time database setup wizard runs it could ask the user which skin to use with a small screen shot of each one. This might actually make people with different tastes aware of the skinning ability and more likely to continue using eJukebox.

One other thing we could vote for is which popcase to use for the pop-up. Do you have one for Crimson Pirk?

Pirk - 2-12-2007 at 10:54 PM

rllercstr7, I can't remove the red vertical right edge of the Now Playing window! It's a inactive eJukebox bar, only Audiosoft could remove it. I could just change its color but..

Pirk - 2-12-2007 at 11:11 PM

Pirk - 2-12-2007 at 11:56 PM

Guys, I intend to upload a first public version of my Crimson skin this week, or during this weekend at the latest!

Vote for eJ Crimson. :)

Thanks a lot.

Pirk - 2-27-2007 at 05:56 PM

My eJ Crimson Skin is now available for download from here: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2035&page=1#pid75949
So you can try it freely before to vote.. :)

Thanks.

Fishy - 3-17-2007 at 03:23 AM

I would like to see the Arctic skin in this poll. Just for the fun of it since a certain french has hijacted the thread with his skin ;) and most users are familiar with the arctic skin back to the time when ejukebox first got skin support. Competition is good for your health :)

Talking about competition, I am not so active on the forums these days as I used to be. Simply since I have wiped out windows from my computer. Vista was just too much of a step in the wrong direction from my point of view. DRM, nothing interesting in the gui compared to the alternatives, too resource heavy etc. I think Ubuntu and beryl is the path I want to follow for a while. Will probably be more active again when I get hold of a laptop which I find suitable for windows or if audiosoft by surprise ports the software. Ejukebox will be the only application I will really miss from the Windows enviroment. I hope that ejukebox will continue to evolve. Keep it up guys!

Pirk - 3-17-2007 at 10:59 AM

I think that living the competition from the tiers is not good for your health.. and living in the past neither! ;)
We ALL would be delighted if you come up with a UPDATED version of the arctic skin: new "norwegian" large play buttons, scroll sliders.. :)

Otherwise, just try to make your own skin.. and we will talk about that again!