Board Logo

The new eJ Homepage, by rllercstr7 & Pirk!
Pirk - 7-17-2006 at 08:54 PM

Hello guys,

As promised to rllercstr7, I've made the HTML version of his attractive drawing.. Including a CSS file! :o

It's not quite finished yet, but here is a screenshot of how it looks once I've "HTMLlised" the thing using dreamweaver.

Audiosoft, if you think it's worth it, I can change some things possibly.. Tell me what you think?

Thanks

Pirk - 7-17-2006 at 08:55 PM

Pirk - 7-17-2006 at 08:56 PM

Pirk - 7-17-2006 at 09:02 PM

As you can see, it just miss the Top songs.. Otherwise it's almost finished! :)

PS: The CSS is essential!! :D

Pirk - 7-17-2006 at 09:08 PM

Pirk - 7-17-2006 at 09:15 PM

So you need to put these 3 files in a folder, then you just run the html page. ;)

Thank you very much for your great work on photoshop, rllercstr7! :cool:

Audiosoft - 7-17-2006 at 11:33 PM

Nice work Pirk. The main <table> in the HTML needs to have a width=100% instead of a static width - that way it will be able to resize with eJukebox.

The problem is that at 800x600 there is no room for the top artists and songs. I think that if we are going to update the Home button view it should have more features not less.

You can test how it would look in eJukebox by dragging the .html file from windows explorer and dropping it on the home view.

Pirk - 7-18-2006 at 04:13 PM

Thanks Audiosoft. All right for "width=100%", but I haved put a static width precisely to avoid that when the page is resized the text parts move over the background graphics.. and damage the nice layout of rllercstr7!

So I would need to see again the layout to include more features.. even in 800x600! Maybe I could try to move the cliparts with the text? Oh oh.. things get complicated for a amateur like me!! I will try to do my utmost..

Pirk - 7-23-2006 at 08:25 PM

Hello guys,

I've worked a bit more - well, A LOT more :o - on the new Homeview for eJukebox.
Now my web page is fully functional in ie or in eJukebox! I think it looks really good, in particular when the album carousel is loaded and revolves!! :cool: I hope you will like it! But it's the work of rllercstr7. I've just coded his photoshop tracings in HTML.
A link to the CD Ripper is now included at the bottom of the page, thanks to the great animated gif of rllercstr7. :P

I've put all the necessary files in a HomeView.zip:
Try it, and tell me what you think? In particular Audiosoft! ;)

Thanks.

Pirk - 7-23-2006 at 08:29 PM

Here is 2 screenshots of our eJukebox Homeview:

Pirk - 7-23-2006 at 08:32 PM

The second one..

Pirk - 7-23-2006 at 08:50 PM

Also you can update the color.ini file of the eJ default skin with the color I used for the carousel background:

:-Album Carousel Definitions-
:--------------
[Carousel]
BgColor=#1C1C42

...then you just need to drag the html page in eJ to have a general idea. :o

Fishy - 7-23-2006 at 10:20 PM

Nice! :D I hope both the top songs and top artists will have have arrows that makes it possible to see more than top 20 and top 10 respectivly. Like it works for artists now.

Pirk: Fun to see your most popular songs, albums and artists. A lot of interesting stuff. 22 Pistepirkko :D Finnish madness.

Pirk - 7-23-2006 at 11:12 PM

Yes Fishy, of course I agree for the need of arrows.. Or else the "glass" lists could be scrollable, but I don't know if that would be easy to add?

22 Pistepirkko? I can't get rid of them in my top lists! Strange.. :D

Pirk - 7-24-2006 at 08:47 AM

Audiosoft,

I would like to to turn the Topsongs and the Topartists lists of my Homeview in 2 scrolling lists. So that we could get rid of the 10 songs or 20 artists limits!
I mean something like when you click on the link "VIEW ALL EJUKEBOX UPDATES" on your Audiosoft.net homepage. :)

How could I do that?

Thanks.

rllercstr7 - 7-24-2006 at 06:26 PM

Wow Pirk,
I guess I'm out of it because I missed the topic entirely for a week. That is really looking good. I especially like how you put the toolbox graphic behind the text and the bars that break up each section with the titles. Maybe I can see what I can do about making an icon for the Autolist Builder. Let me know if there are other icons you think might go over well on the home page. Also I can change the background color of my animated gif pretty easilly if you need me to Pirk. Great work! :D

Fishy - 7-24-2006 at 06:50 PM

It would be cool if one could see the ratings of the top songs as well. I think there is room for it? :) As for the carousel, I think there should be some numbering indicating how popular the different albums are. One kind of loses the counting while the carousel spins around.

Fishy - 7-24-2006 at 07:08 PM

Pirk: Since you've downloaded some music from me, you probably got some of my popularity statistics as well :D I see a lot of familiar things in there lol Brian Eno, A-ha, Biosphere and Amon Tobin for instance.

Pirk - 7-24-2006 at 08:22 PM

Quote:
Message original : rllercstr7
Maybe I can see what I can do about making an icon for the Autolist Builder. Let me know if there are other icons you think might go over well on the home page. Also I can change the background color of my animated gif pretty easilly if you need me to Pirk. Great work! :D

Of course rllercstr7, if you can make a icon for the Autolist Builder I will add a link on the Homeview! Thanks. :)

Concerning your animated gif, I don't know if it's possible, but if you could put a transparent background maybe it would insert more easily in the homeview.
Otherwise until now I don't think of other icons, but if someone have a idea... I'm open! :D

Pirk - 7-24-2006 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Message original : Fishy
It would be cool if one could see the ratings of the top songs as well. I think there is room for it? :) As for the carousel, I think there should be some numbering indicating how popular the different albums are. One kind of loses the counting while the carousel spins around.

Ratings in the top songs: Well why not? I think that could look good indeed.
Numbering in the carousel: I agree, but I think that only Audiosoft can modify the carousel! :)

Downloads: I've a lot of your A and B.. artists! :D You know the reason.. :P

rllercstr7 - 7-24-2006 at 11:42 PM

I think maybe you misunderstood the part about the background color. I was just saying that I can change it to whatever color you need. I haven't found a program that makes it transparent though.

This is what I came up with for the AutoList Builder although I'm not sure it looks all that great. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Pirk - 7-25-2006 at 09:05 AM

Thanks for your AutoList Builder icon. I will see if it looks good in the Homeview once reduced.. It's a chain wheel? It's a American who won the French tour though. ;)

Concerning the transparent background for your animated gif: I think it's possible if you open your animation in ImageReady, then you click on the Photoshop link so you can select and erase the black background for each one of your tracing images in Photoshop. Then you switch back to ImageReady and your animation will be transparent. :)

rllercstr7 - 7-25-2006 at 02:34 PM

Well I made it in Photoshop to start with. It is composed of 79 images that were all made with a transparent background so I'll give it a try.

Edit: I worked on the icon some more this morning and think that this one looks quite a bit better although it has a bit of a grainy look because of the 256 color limit on animated GIFs. If anyone knows how to clean this up let me know. I am considering just saving it as a JPEG for a stationary Icon instead.

Pirk - 7-25-2006 at 07:47 PM

OK rllercstr7, if your 79 images were already transparent that should be more easy.. Have you used ImageReady to make your animated gif?

I think if you save your icon in PNG, the original quality will be preserved. And ie can display PNG images.

Thanks for your new icon!

rllercstr7 - 7-26-2006 at 01:43 AM

Thanks Pirk,
I believe I got the Ripper Icon transparent with ImageReady. Usually I use ImageReady and Flash which I cannot find an option for transparent in. Were you referring to creating a stationary AutoList Builder icon when you mentioned saving as PNG? As far as I'm aware there isn't a way to animate a PNG image. Give me a shout on IM if you know how. Here is the Ripper Icon. :D

rllercstr7 - 7-26-2006 at 02:01 AM

Here is a stationary PNG with curved edges of a new AutoList Builder Icon. I don't know which one of these looks best the Bulldozer or Gear. Comapring the look of the list in the background of this image versus the animated GIF you see how much of a quality loss takes place.

rllercstr7 - 7-26-2006 at 02:30 AM

And yet another option. :D I think this effect make it look pretty sharp!

Pirk - 7-26-2006 at 09:13 AM

Thanks for your new icons. Gear or bulldozer? Hmm.. I still hesitate! :D

PNG preserve the original quality of your images compared with JPEG for static images, but unfortunately as you say I don't think it is possible to animate PNG files. So animations can only be saved in GIF, transparents or not! Or else maybe in Flash, but I don't know about Flash.

Pirk - 7-26-2006 at 10:52 PM

Well, here is my version.. made with your icons! :D

rllercstr7 - 7-27-2006 at 01:43 AM

Hmm... the best of both worlds; looks good Pirk! I do have a few suggestions though. At the bottom where it says options on the blue bar, split the bar in half in the middle just like it is cut between the song and artist lists towards the top. Now that you have two bars label the one over the ripper and builder icon Tools. Left justify the labels on the bars so they match the others. Also I can't think of a good wat to accomplish this, but now that the ripper icon isn't labeled I don't know if people will realize what its for. Other than those two things everything else looks superb! :D

Fishy - 7-27-2006 at 02:25 AM

rllercstr7 and pirk: Really nice work!! Could you show me how it looks with star ratings of the 10 most popular tracks? And if audiosoft could make the songs and artists scrollable, like purposed earlier in the post it would be fantastic :)

CiXel - 7-27-2006 at 02:59 AM

Kudos to you guys. You are really giving this the polish that it so deserves.

rllercstr7 - 7-27-2006 at 04:48 AM

As a new member to the community I remember asking the question how do I view the newest songs? With the option's only link in a not so obvious place maybe an icon is in order :D. I think it looks pretty cool and maybe one of my best yet. Hopefully you can find some space Pirk! Maybe up by the neon arrow and database section. I worry it might add too much variety to the bottom section since it is special and different from the rest. Perhaps I will take on the task of removing each black pixel so it is transparent if it fits in better. Let me know if you want me to try.

rllercstr7 - 7-27-2006 at 05:11 AM

And one more to choose from :P The big flare effect in the background can be taken out. I'm not sure if it is better with or without it.

Pirk - 7-27-2006 at 09:47 PM

A version with Star ratings, for Fishy! :) But as yet it's only a mockup.. I hope I will be able to make it for real! :o

Fishy - 7-27-2006 at 09:58 PM

I like it a lot :D

Pirk - 7-27-2006 at 10:04 PM

Me too! :D

rllercstr7 - 7-28-2006 at 08:30 PM

Pirk somewhere in the forum before you mentioned having a special place where new albums are displayed instead of immediately throwing them into the mix with all the other old music. Why not make a listing of the 5 or 10 of the newest albums with their covers and the songs on that album you have in the database. The Home Page seems like a logical place to put this since other information of this type is also displayed there. I have an idea in my head of how this might work so I'll post a picture in a while.

Pirk - 7-28-2006 at 09:12 PM

Ah ah.. great, I wait for your picture! Yeah, I think the latest albums should be more in evidence. I trust in you rllercstr7 ;)

rllercstr7 - 7-28-2006 at 09:14 PM

Ok, so here's the idea. Since the homepage is scrollable (like the Albumlist) this whole thing can fit on the HomeView. If you add albums at a time it could hold up to the last 150 or so songs. There are 10 album covers corresponding to the newest songs in the database. There could be up to 15 songs under each album if they are all newly added to the database. When a cover is clicked on, the bottom portion changes to show a larger cover with its release date, and the newest tracks with their quality and rating. When new songs are added they take the place of the oldest ones in this listing and their album covers appear in the display. What do you think? :P

Pirk - 7-28-2006 at 09:19 PM

No problem, I have time.. :D

Fishy - 7-28-2006 at 09:43 PM

hmm suddenly we are all sitting here.. waiting.. :D

rllercstr7 - 7-28-2006 at 10:07 PM

Hmm thinking more about it, the area where all the albums are displayed could even be replaced by a carosel!

Fishy - 7-28-2006 at 10:10 PM

That is a great idea! hehe ejukebox will soon turn into an amusement park :)

Pirk - 7-28-2006 at 10:15 PM

rllercstr7, your picture looks great! I would appreciate a lot to have a such "new music" reserved area in eJukebox. Like the department "novelties" in a store..

rllercstr7 - 7-28-2006 at 10:26 PM

Any comment as to whether or not we can have a new page for this Audiosoft?

Pirk - 7-28-2006 at 10:29 PM

I think your logo "new music" could take place in the first page of the homeview as a direct link to your page, even if all is on the same scrollable page.

rllercstr7 - 7-28-2006 at 10:37 PM

definately. Maybe the home view could have two tabs or something.

Pirk - 7-28-2006 at 10:49 PM

Yeah you are right! To use several tabs for the homeview would be handy indeed. And also maybe that could solve the "800x600" compatibility problem: a tab for the top songs, a second tab for the top artists, another for the new music.. Well, we are building a whole site! :D

Audiosoft - 7-30-2006 at 03:27 AM

I like how it is coming along. It could use tabs or whatever you come up with. Any additional functionality should not be that hard to implement. Keep in mind the carousel will work best if at the top (or it can be anywhere/anysize inside the page as long as it will never scroll out of view when you scroll the page up and down) and can be updated with new albums when you click things in the home view. Also there is the possibility of loading up things besides albums in the carousel...i.e. images for CD Ripper, Shoutcast, Newest Songs, etc... but I am not sure if that would be ideal or not. It could also use flash or html/javascript for additional menus and buttons. Keep up the good work!

rllercstr7 - 7-30-2006 at 08:34 PM

I came up with another bright idea about the home page and its navigation last night. When eJukebox first opens and goes to the home page it will look something like this (The background is the visualization for the currently playing song :o) :

rllercstr7 - 7-30-2006 at 08:36 PM

Then when you hover the mouse over the icon in the middle it will go into its "hover" state which looks like:

rllercstr7 - 7-30-2006 at 08:41 PM

When a button is actually selected its lettering will turn red or something like that. I'm still working on that part. I made the navigation circle really BIG so it will always look good no matter what size is needed. This icon goes on every page (Top Songs, Top Artists, New Music, & Tools) but in a smaller state so you can travel between pages. To get back to the main home page you will use the original home tab. I hope you guys like this because it took like 4 hours to make it look right :P. Pirk I can provide the photoshop .psd with all the layers if you need it. Here is the PNG.

Pirk - 7-30-2006 at 10:42 PM

rllercstr7, your navigation icon looks good. I think it's a good idea.
So it is round.. :D Hmm, I like it much that is not the problem.. ;) BUT I don't know how I could activate the different parts of the icon in HTML: Dreamweaver seems to prefer to draw squares! Or it's me who don't know about.. Maybe Flash would be more appropriate??
What you think Audiosoft?
Maybe it could work like the new large play controls? But I don't know all your tricks.. :(

rllercstr7 - 7-30-2006 at 11:32 PM

I am almost positive that flash can do that. I played around with buttons in flash a few years ago, but I'm pretty rusty on that subject. I'll give it a shot, but we might have to see if Audiosoft can help us out here.

rllercstr7 - 7-31-2006 at 07:35 AM

I think I got it to work :D. I have all the rollover states working with the circular shapes. I still have to figure how the links work so something actually happens when a button is pressed, but that shouldn't be to bad. Here is the HTML. Please let me know if you are able to view it. For some reason it freezes up on me after it has been zipped up and unzipped again. New Version Below.

Pirk - 7-31-2006 at 11:55 AM

Thanks rllercstr7.
But I don't see anything when I run your html file: only a white page! I think you should attach the flash image file to your archive. :)

rllercstr7 - 7-31-2006 at 04:16 PM

Ok you were right it needed the .swf version to run the HTML. Use the HTML version though because for some reason the .swf one shifts to the right like 2 pixels if you hover over Top Artists or New Songs and I have no idea why. The HTML should have a transparent background to. Also Pirk do you have Flash to set the url links to the pages when you name them? I figured out how to do it but I don't know what to link to yet. Here's the HTML again:
New version on page 3.

Pirk - 7-31-2006 at 04:55 PM

Your flash animation now works good in ie for me.

Otherwise, yes I have Flash (version 6.0), but I've never used it at all.. so I can't help you for the links or anything else with Flash. :( I think only Audiosoft could activate the links really.. unless he give us the links! Maybe we could find them in the current Home page? But I fear that will be too complex..

rllercstr7 - 7-31-2006 at 05:23 PM

Little help Audiosoft :D Also Pirk Let me know if you need me to publish more sizes of this new navigation. I know the one in the examples above is 50% of the original.

Pirk - 7-31-2006 at 06:09 PM

On the other hand I could create the different home pages in html, and link them to your flash icon. That would allow us to test the new layout..
Only I don't know if I will manage to fit your flash icon in the home pages, and if I will figure out where and how to put the links in it? I first would need to figure out how to edit your animation! You could explain me, or maybe I will simply give you the links for test once we will have produced the new pages.
So if ever you think about some new background images and layouts for each page.. You are so good to produce them in Photoshop! :D

Pirk - 7-31-2006 at 06:18 PM

OK rllercstr7, yes I will need you reduce your icon.. If you could make one of the same size then the "shoutcast radio", or a bit smaller.. to begin!

Thanks.

Pirk - 7-31-2006 at 07:35 PM

rllercstr7,

NO NEED to reduce your flash icon! I can resize it in Dreamweaver.. :D
On the other hand, I would need the .FLA file of your icon if possible. So I could fit it to the html Home page with Flash from Dreamweaver!! :o
I would like to change the white background of your icon to transparent, so it will fit perfectly into the Homepage. :)

Thanks!

rllercstr7 - 7-31-2006 at 08:42 PM

No problem. I'm really excited to see the new pages :D

edit: the .fla is 10.8 MB which is more than the forum allows. If you want to instant message me we can try transfering it that way.

CiXel - 7-31-2006 at 09:10 PM

One problem with a Mouse rollover idea is that it alienates any touchscreen users such as myself (and I know I'm not the only one out there)

rllercstr7 - 7-31-2006 at 10:02 PM

Yes I can definately see how this poses a problem to touchscreen use. However I can simply make a version where the initial state isn't transparent just for those using a touch screen. Then there would be an activate/deactivate button somewhere on the homepage to activate the non-tranparent version. This way you still get that tranparent look when you want. These buttons should be nice and big for you touchscreen users.

rllercstr7 - 8-3-2006 at 05:49 AM

Pirk if you still need that file I start a file server from my computer with it on there. Just let me know when as I don't have it on all the time.

Pirk - 8-3-2006 at 03:19 PM

Of course rllercstr7, I still would need your .fla file! Last days I've tried to contact you on aim.. but no success.

OK for your file server: You could give me an access and your hours by U2U.
Today I could take the file from now until 4 or 5 hours later.. Or tomorrow from approximately the same hour, to.. Sunday night!

Thanks a lot.

rllercstr7 - 8-3-2006 at 04:01 PM

Check your U2U Pirk ;)

Pirk - 8-3-2006 at 04:28 PM

I have the file!! :cool:

rllercstr7 - 8-3-2006 at 10:34 PM

Well Pirk I figured out why the animation wasn't transparent. I for got to remove the semi-transparent white background from the first image. doh! It now all works and I tested it in a page to ensure that it is definately transparent. Unfortunately I had to edit the fla you just downloaded and now I think you will need the new one. Let me know when you want to transfer again. Sorry about that. Here is the .swf and HTML of the new transparent version.

Pirk - 8-4-2006 at 05:08 PM

Aha, good work rllercstr7! :) Finally it is really circular! :D

Your new fla: Maybe tonight? So in about 1 hour for me! ;) Well, if you are in the area..

Thanks.

rllercstr7 - 8-4-2006 at 05:44 PM

Ok Pirk, the server is up with the same address as last time. Also if you need help finding away arounf flash let me know :D

Pirk - 8-4-2006 at 06:56 PM

rllercstr7,

I'm on your server: The transparent version is "New Navigation.fla", correct?
I've downloaded this file twice, but when I try to open it in Flash, there is a failure message. :(

Quote:

Also if you need help finding away arounf flash let me know

Sure I would need help to use Flash.. :o

Thanks a lot for your devotion. I'm sorry about this harassment..

rllercstr7 - 8-4-2006 at 07:40 PM

Pirk check your u2u.

Pirk - 8-4-2006 at 08:03 PM

Thanks rllercstr7, check my u2u reply..

rllercstr7 - 8-4-2006 at 08:27 PM

Pirk the new version "New Navigation MX.fla" will work with your version of Flash. The server is up with it on there. This one also addresses one other little detail I fixed so go ahead and use this one.

Pirk - 8-4-2006 at 08:42 PM

OK, I'm coming! :)

rllercstr7 - 8-11-2006 at 04:41 PM

Any new news Pirk?

Pirk - 8-11-2006 at 06:22 PM

Hmm.. no, slack period concerning eJukebox! I've been busy differently these days..

Fishy - 11-10-2006 at 02:11 AM

This is a really nice template, and I really hope to see it implemented in ejukebox. The current homeview is nice, but this is superiour. Is it possible to make this as the homeview and skinnable? Then I would probably stop requesting (not really) :D

rllercstr7 - 11-10-2006 at 05:06 AM

I think Pirk has been working on his skin lately, but hopefully some more work can be done soon. I look forward to using the new interface and finishing up the graphics.

Pirk - 11-10-2006 at 06:06 PM

Exactly rllercstr7, I worked on my skin: Even maybe it could be realised finally.. soon!
I would appreciate to know what you like, or don't like.. guys! :)

Fishy - 11-11-2006 at 04:38 AM

That is good news Pirk :)

Well_Jaggy - 6-20-2007 at 07:26 PM

Hey Guys, Is this complete?

how about a link to all the lates stuff and instructions on how to use it - your home page looks great!

Pirk - 6-20-2007 at 07:42 PM

All our screenshots was only some drafts on how could look the future eJukebox homeview, they are not functional.. But Audiosoft is still working on a new Homeview for eJukebox, I don't know if his new homeview will look a bit like your mock-ups or not.. And above all if the new layout will be user modifiable??

thomaslist - 10-20-2020 at 04:36 AM

Nike Blazer Buy White
USA coach leathers
Kate Spade Surprise Sale
us coach totes women
Adidas Boost For Sale
Pink Adidas Superstar
Champion Free Shipping
Nike Air Max 97 Online Shopping
Kate Spade Shoulder Canada Outlet
where can i buy Ed Hardy
Salomon Speedcross Fashion Designs