Board Logo

Demo database for the first experience
Pirk - 3-23-2009 at 01:10 PM

Audiosoft, I have an idea that should help you to spread eJukebox:
What about you include a demonstration database with a bunch of abum covers and their demo mp3s.. Of course you will also add a menu to drop the demo database once the user started with his own collection. I say that in order to avoid screenshots like that, a poor first experience! Otherwise it's not that I'm a fan of demos songs...

http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/eJukebox_1.png

Audiosoft - 3-23-2009 at 05:55 PM

Like the idea but the installer would be too big if it included more than one or 2 demo mp3s...a mpeg video on first time may be nice.

Pirk - 3-23-2009 at 08:13 PM

Then maybe you could put a bunch of album covers without any mp3?

CiXel - 3-30-2009 at 05:21 PM

If you do so, just make sure the images / music are licensed appropriately (ie. Creative common or the like) distributing with copyrighted material is asking for trouble.

I don't know that this start-up is necessary, but you may be able to offer two versions: a basic one and one with 'free' mp3s a la winamp.

I think people will get a good first impression as soon as they start loading in music they'll actually listen to and see how the software looks and operates.

gavind - 1-5-2013 at 02:05 PM

Just curious. Where is the demo downloaded? I referred this to one of my colleagues.