Board Logo

How to uninstall this "nice piece of software"?
vittuperkelesaatana - 4-13-2004 at 06:41 PM

I tried this software and it didn't fit for me because the lack of cover.jpg etc. support (I don't use pics in id3v2 tags)...
Now I'd like to uninstall this thing but there's no uninstall option...
I guess that I have to manually delete everything.. I know that I can just wipe the whole programdir, but is there some crap in windowssystem32 etc?
* help! *

vittuperkelesaatana - 4-13-2004 at 07:05 PM

I found that unistall.exe from the program's directory, but I still need to know if this program puts some crap to windowssystem etc..

Audiosoft - 4-13-2004 at 07:07 PM

All you have to do is delete the C:Program FileseJukebox folder.

The only thing eJukebox installs outside that folder are a few runtime files...which are all needed by other windows programs.

Also, eJukebox doesn't use the registry (except 1 line placed by the installer)...all settings are saved to the ejukebox.ini file located in the folder above....so delete that folder and you will get a clean removal except for the startmenu and desktop shortcuts.

Also you may want to check back this week as we will be adding cover.jpg support to either v3.75 or the version after that. Also v3.75 will be a milestone of sorts as it will use 10X less RAM.

vittuperkelesaatana - 4-13-2004 at 07:32 PM

I removed that registry setting.
I also found one strange file called sec171119.lmp from my windowssystem32 .. I'm pretty sure that this came with eJukebox. Any info about this file?

I'm very interested about the upcoming cover.jpg support.

Pirk - 4-13-2004 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Also you may want to check back this week as we will be adding cover.jpg support to either v3.75 or the version after that. Also v3.75 will be a milestone of sorts as it will use 10X less RAM.

What a scoop!! :D

2 very good news: cover.jpg support, at last... and 10X less RAM! :)

Great! Thanks Audiosoft.

Fishy - 4-13-2004 at 07:49 PM

Great job audiosoft!

Audiosoft - 4-13-2004 at 07:51 PM

Don't know what that file is...doubt it is from eJukebox.

We can get it so the cover.jpg is imported and set as the songs image when you setup the eJukebox database without a problem. However, as it is right now, if you then used eJukebox's editor to change any song info it may end up then saving the image inside the tag.

Fishy - 4-13-2004 at 08:10 PM

I am kindof curious about what has been done to reduce ram usage so dramatically.

Pirk - 4-13-2004 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
We can get it so the cover.jpg is imported and set as the songs image when you setup the eJukebox database without a problem.

That will gain time each time i add new albums to eJukebox...
And also i think this feature will attrack a lot of new customers, for sure! Many people don't want to put images in their mp3s...

Quote:

However, as it is right now, if you then used eJukebox's editor to change any song info it may end up then saving the image inside the tag.

Maybe could you add an option: "Never save cover images in the mp3 Tags" ?

Audiosoft - 4-13-2004 at 08:33 PM

Quote:

I am kindof curious about what has been done to reduce ram usage so dramatically.
In v3.75, eJukebox reduces its physical RAM usage on WinXP and Win2K systems by utilizing a complicated function of the NT Kernel, once every second, to flush out things that we specify are no longer needed in RAM.

eJukebox's RAM usage is now typically between 2MB Normal - 10MB w/ Album List Open. We added a "Reduce RAM" toggle option to the "Other" options panel tab...so you can play with it and test the difference. It is also their just incase some users experience instability...but I must say it works very well and we have yet to have any problems with it at all so we will probally remove this option after v3.75. eJukebox runs a little faster and the rest of windows becomes more responsive with the extra available RAM. Now users can leave eJukebox running while running 3D Games and other memory intensive programs without having to worry about lack of free RAM.

Quote:
Maybe could you add an option: "Never save cover images in the mp3 Tags" ?
We should be able to do this without an option...hopefully we can just make it look for a cover.jpg and then make it skip writing an image to the tag automatically. We are working on it.

Pirk - 4-13-2004 at 09:55 PM

Very good... :)

Keep up your great work Audiosoft!