Board Logo

Bombs out when ripping
dwperry - 11-8-2006 at 10:18 PM

Hi

Everytime I try to rip a CD EJukeBox 4.1 shuts itself down with no error message. I am using all default settings in EJukeBox, after clicking on the create MP3 files button a dialog appears "Ready to Extract" and I click OK. I hear the CD spool up and then it crashes. I can rip from winamp no problem - I even tried changing the Advanced Ripping Setting in WinAmp to use the NT driver but same result. Anyone know what is happening? Would appreciate a response as only purchased lifetime licence tonight!!

I have XP professional and a Sony DVD RW DW-G120A

Dave

Pirk - 11-8-2006 at 10:29 PM

Hi Dave, welcome!

Well, I have no idea what can cause a crash of the CD ripper.. But you can be sure that Audiosoft will help you, as soon as possible! ;)

Pirk

dwperry - 11-9-2006 at 09:25 AM

I'm not sure this is an ej problem anymore - Windows has now started restarting itself intermittently when i press the eject button on the CD even when ej isn't loaded (blue screen says something about cd.sys).

So now a question - before I go out and buy a new drive does anyone know if emusic will rip from a network/mapped drive - then I could use the drive in my other PC.

Cheers

David

Audiosoft - 11-9-2006 at 09:29 AM

interesting. sounds like something must be wrong with the driver or the drive if you get blue screen on eject. maybe you need to reinstall the driver for the drive

dwperry - 11-9-2006 at 09:37 AM

Thanks, I'll try that - I've already updated the firmware but that didn't make any difference.