Board Logo

Internet Radio
griff - 7-6-2006 at 09:12 PM

hi

i have just installed ej 3.99 and bought it

now every song does not display the title of the artist or album and thinks i is called Internet radio. When i use a mp3 tag edit the tag is perfect.

Also in auto play mode it is not playing through all the songs. i am not a happy bunny right now as the trial was perfect and now it only plays one song and thinks everything is called Internet radio!!

Please help advise what i can do to fix

Audiosoft - 7-6-2006 at 09:21 PM

First make sure you have upgraded to v3.999 if you are using v3.99.
http://audiosoft.net/download.htm

If that doesn't work I would shutdown eJukebox. Start playing a mp3 in winamp. Then start eJukebox while winamp is playing the mp3.

griff - 7-6-2006 at 09:35 PM

hi

i have tried that and still no joy am getting first song played and then no other in the list is played

Audiosoft - 7-6-2006 at 09:39 PM

So the songs play correctly but it shows internet radio? If they are not playing - your song files must have moved. Click the Tools button and select 'Update Music Database' to rebuild your music database.

Also, what version of winamp do you have?

griff - 7-6-2006 at 09:53 PM

hi

ok so there are kinda two parts here

a song properly tagged is coming up on the jukebox with the proper artist name

but then the album and song title say Internet radio. With a picture that is unrelated

What is also happening is that only one song is playing and then nothing else!! i can manually make another song play bit if i load a play list only the first song plays!!

winamp 5.24

i have tried to rebuild the folder by saying picking a folder i have of just one artist that i know is fully down all tagged correctly and album art all downloaded.

i have been using fix tuns to download the album art

:(

PS i only bought ej last night and on trial worked. I had a bunch of jukeboxes download and decided on this one. i hope we can fix as it has great potential

Audiosoft - 7-6-2006 at 10:23 PM

griff,

There is nothing different about the trial which would cause this to happen after you register. The only time it should say internet radio is if the song file path starts with http:// or if it no longer exists at the location in the database. Did you install any winamp plugins that could effect the winamp playlist after your trial?

Are you loading the playlist in eJukebox or Winamp? Do not use the winamp playlist.

The songs show up correctly in the eJukebox songlist correct? It only shows internet radio when you play the song right?

Are your music files located on a local hard drive, an external drive, or a networked drive?

griff - 7-6-2006 at 10:31 PM

the plug ins i am using is sqrsoft advanced crossfader

no i made a test palylist using ej and am tring to use that.

my files are on a portable 160 gig usb 2 lacie porche drive

Yeah that righ only when you play the song does it show up as internet radio it is fine in the songlist

Plus dont forget will not play a list of songs!!

Audiosoft - 7-6-2006 at 10:34 PM

I think maybe the reason this is happening is because the drive letter for your external harddrive changed (or the files have been moved or renamed) after you built the database. It won't play the songs since it doesn't know where they are because the file paths have changed. If that is the case you need to rebuild the entire eJukebox music database so that it gets the new file paths for all your songs.

To see if this is the case before rebuilding the whole thing you can click Update Database on the Tools menu and click the 'Clean/Refresh' button and then 'Remove Missing Files'. If it finds a ton of missing files then that was the problem.

Fishy - 7-6-2006 at 10:54 PM

hmm just an idea that popped into my mind. Is it possible to make it so ejukebox automatically adds songs to the database when dnd folders/songs over the albumlist?

Mutombo - 7-7-2006 at 12:31 AM

actually at one point, my problem was just like this. so i'm curious to see what ever ends up of this. mine at one point was stuck calling it a certain song i had, and doing the same things. now that i reformatted and made a fresh database, it shows up as the very first mp3 that it added to the database, and it wont go from song to song unless you manually pick one.

griff - 7-7-2006 at 09:15 AM

hi audiosoft

i have done as you asked and no result there. Now in fairness my portable drive is alwas the f drive so it never changes drive letters. When i said remove missing it found nothing.

So i have removed EJ and Winamp and deletd any folder left behind and reinstalled both and no plugins installed with winap and it is still saying internet raido.

it is also still only playing one song in the playlist and i have to manually select the next.

I thought it may have been cause i used fix tunes but when i select an album that i have not run fix tunes on yet i get the same problem.

i keep all my songs in folder by artist and then album so this time wheni re loaded i specified just on artist . i fh ave tried this a coupdl of time and i get the smae reseult.

Forgot to mention before there is even album art for internet radio of a picture that says radio hits? im going to search for this jpg

Mutombo - 7-7-2006 at 10:43 AM

has nothing to do with the "internet radio" part, thats just the image and stuff it decided to stick on. mine stuck on internet radio there for a while, now its stuck on a different song that it won't move off of.

We must have something in common that is causing this. I just can't understand why I still have it, I did a completely fresh reformat and still had it.

Mutombo - 7-7-2006 at 10:47 AM

i'm also now getting a "eJukebox.9.sub ControlVisualFailed to load Media Player from 'msdxm.ocx'. Your version of msdxm.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version that was provided with your application.

Fishy - 7-7-2006 at 12:27 PM

Hmm I remember that I had this problem earlier, around ejukebox 3.5. It suddenly disappeared. Don't know if it was due to the fact that audiosoft did something to fix it, or if it was caused by me removing some corrupt mp3's. Do you still have this problem if you Disable the sqrsoft advanced crossfader and other additional plugins you use with winamp? Is there some kind of pattern in this bug? Does it happen with certain kinds of mp3?

griff - 7-7-2006 at 02:00 PM

hi

well i have uninstalled all plug ins and winamp and reinstalled winamp with no additional plug ins to rule that out and no joy

i have tried with different mp3 and it is stillthe same ones i have rippoed one i have donwloaded.

im very frustrated by this!!

Audiosoft - 7-7-2006 at 07:15 PM

griff,

The winamp plugins are probally not an issue. Did you try doing a full rebuild of your eJukebox music database yet? If not shutdown eJukebox. Delete C:Program FileseJukeboxdb.m3u. Start eJukebox and it will ask you to build the database like you just installed it.

Mutombo - 7-7-2006 at 08:21 PM

don't think that's the problem, as I am having the same problem and i just reformatted and then rebuilt the database with no luck.

Audiosoft - 7-7-2006 at 08:40 PM

Mutombo,

I don't think you have the same problem. It doesn't always say internet radio for you does it?

BTW are you still getting the error "eJukebox.9.sub ControlVisualFailed to load Media Player from 'msdxm.ocx'?

If so try what version of eJukebox are you using?

Try this:
Go to the Run item on the Windows Start menu, and type:
regsvr32 C:WINDOWSsystem32msdxm.ocx
and press Enter.

Mutombo - 7-7-2006 at 11:29 PM

it pretty much always says that. its stuck on internet radio now. just really depends where it decided to get stuck. internet radio is the usual culprit.

i had been using the newest beta version. i moved back to 3.999 and still have the problem. don't know what version of ejukebox first started causing the problem.

i registered that DLL and it succeeded. went back to ejukebox and had the same problem with it.

Audiosoft - 7-8-2006 at 12:09 AM

If it gets stuck try right clicking the now playing cover then hitting ESC.

Also, you guys don't happen to have winamp installed more than once do you? i.e. winamp installed in 2 different folders

Mutombo - 7-8-2006 at 12:53 AM

that didn't do anything.

Nope, winamp just installed once.

Audiosoft - 7-8-2006 at 01:18 AM

Did you guys uncheck "Start Playback on Startup" under the Sound options tab in eJukebox? If so check it...restart eJukebox and see if that fixes things.

Also, does it work when you click the Shoutcast Internet Radio link on the homeview and select a station?

Mutombo - 7-8-2006 at 10:35 AM

I didn't uncheck anything. This is from a fresh install with all the defaults even.

The shoutcast radio works, but if the little yellow box above it is supposed to be showing the current song, it's showing the name of what the next song in my playlist was and not changing.

griff - 7-8-2006 at 11:13 AM

hi audiosoft

right i tried deleting the dbase and i have only one copy of winamp installed still says Internet radio. However

When i click on Internet radio the first station plays and display the right song when i choose another radio station the display changes to all saying Internet radio however on the third change i got the album art and the name of the artist and song title for a song that was in my playlist

griff - 7-8-2006 at 11:24 AM

ok so after i play shoutcast if i press play for the auto playlist the songs start to play and album art is correct and the titles are correct. However if i then add an album in too the playlist it plays but on the second or third song it goes back to Internet radio.. Lets see if my playlist keeps playing now or is the problem related to playlists but ok when on auto play

griff - 7-8-2006 at 11:36 AM

before i start this is shoudl mention i have only added one artist to my library i know when i hadd half my library 8500 tracks cira i got the eproblem.

ok so i have now tried this

i play the internet radio statiosn adn chancge channles a few tiem this tiem i changed about 4 tiem adna then on the fourth or fiveth change of channel the artist in my library s artist cover, album and title display . Then when i clixk play on my playlist it plays the correct sone and displays the correct information

griff - 7-8-2006 at 11:41 AM

pdf of home screen

griff - 7-15-2006 at 04:53 PM

how can i get a refund please as this product does not work once bought adn the forum seesm to be the opnly way of getting help

Dyno Don - 7-15-2006 at 05:03 PM

Just a shot, but mine doesn't like the newest versions of Winamp.
I use vers 5.0. Maybe that? You can get them at oldversion.com.

And I run multiple copies of both eJ and Winamp in different directories. No problem. Just play the song in the winamp you want associated to that eJ and start eJ. It links up and always starts that copy of winamp.

Don

Audiosoft - 7-16-2006 at 01:15 AM

Quote:

ok so i have now tried this

i play the internet radio statiosn adn chancge channles a few tiem this tiem i changed about 4 tiem adna then on the fourth or fiveth change of channel the artist in my library s artist cover, album and title display . Then when i clixk play on my playlist it plays the correct sone and displays the correct information

Griff,

Sounds like it is working correctly.
The only time the Now Playing section is eJukebox should say internet radio is when winamp is playing from a http:// URL.

There is only 1 internet radio entry in the database. When eJukebox is able to find the artist/title/cover for the song playing on the radio stream it updates that entry to the current data and may no longer say internet radio. It looks like a regular song in the database but it's file location is to the internet stream. So if you try to play that entry later on it will play the current radio stream and the song will change to the new song on the radio.

On The Home button view go to the bottom and change the select box ("Only show entries...") from blank to disabled. Add some more music to your database or nothing is going to show up.

Also, you may also want to install eJukebox v4.0 alpha 6 from HERE. If you still can't figure it out and want to give up :( click the Tools button at the top...select About eJukebox...then click the Remove License button...and request a refund via Paypal and I will deactivate your license account.

Mutombo - 7-16-2006 at 03:07 AM

Thanks Dyno Don, that could be it. I'll try that.

Mutombo - 7-16-2006 at 03:11 AM

That was it! Went back to 5.0 and this was fine.

griff - 7-17-2006 at 08:40 PM

hi

im afraid tit does not work properly it randomly changes to Internet radio and it doe snot keep playing.

i have tried the new version( Looks great) but no joy. Also i tried in stalling winamp 5 but again no joy.

i have removed the license from my pc and would appreciate the refund.

i really loved ej on trial and it worked fine. I am going to install on my laptop and see what happens

Audiosoft - 7-17-2006 at 08:53 PM

OK, well try it out on your laptop and decide if you want to use your license on it or not. I would hate to see you receive the refund and then have to order again for the laptop when you could have just used your original license with it and saved on Paypal fees.

griff - 7-18-2006 at 06:54 PM

hi

im afraid i will not be able to keep it on my laptop as it is my work laptop and i could not user ej in work. So ill take the refund thanks